Keep your fingers crossed for Opeth

*keeping his fingers crossed and hoping that this becomes definite*

I will be going to PP3.0 anyway, but if Opeth were to make an appearance nothing would stop me from coming. Let's just hope this works out. ;)

I could understand people wanting Opeth to be there - but personally, if it happens, I'll take the opportunity to do some CD shopping.

I can see them pulling in a crowd - Jim Raggi and a few mates, but there will be many there who'll take the opportunity to take a dump.

Originally posted by chazzyf
I can see them pulling in a crowd - Jim Raggi and a few mates, but there will be many there who'll take the opportunity to take a dump.

You make it sound like Opeth is some fringe band, which is not the case. Their US sales on the last album was greater than anyone's announced for the festival so far, except, maybe, Blind Guardian's.

Opeth outsold everyone else (except BG)? Guess that's possible, but I'd be interested in what the figure are... care to post them (or a link)?

:loco:

Originally posted by Chrisf
Opeth outsold everyone else (except BG)? Guess that's possible, but I'd be interested in what the figure are... care to post them (or a link)?
:loco:

*thinking*... no link, this is all from conversations about various label people (who know doubt would exaggerate their figures, but if they're all doing it then comparisons would still be valid...)

Nightfall in Middle Earth... Century Media's sales goal for that (which was shattered) was only 5000 copies. That was early 1999 that they figured that. It ended up at around 20000 or so I do believe.

I'd be quite happy if people moved to the back for Opeth. Makes it easier for me to get up front where I belong! :D

I'm likely going as it is...but the minute Opeth is confirmed, they will be the best band there. Unless of course, Glenn gets Rush to play somehow. :eek: ;)

I could understand people wanting Opeth to be there - but personally, if it happens, I'll take the opportunity to do some CD shopping.

Not surprising. They aren't everyone's cup of tea. And they are definitely an acquired taste. IMHO, they would be the best band on the bill, by a wide margin.

Speaking from my observations at PP 2.0, it doesn't matter whose on stage, some people will take the opportunity to refresh their drink, by a CD, or use the facilities. Personally, even with the bands I don't like, I make it a point to catch the beginning of their live show. After all, you never know which band might be able to convert you in during a live performance. A perfect example of this is Angel Dust. For those of you who didn't attend last year's show, suffice it to say that they left Friday night with a lot more fans than they arrived with.

GZ

Originally posted by rhavin2112
I would love to see that. I was lucky...I got to see them in Atlanta last year when they opened for Nevermore and they were incredible. I have mentioned to Glenn several times he needs to get them.

So you live here in Atlanta???

Originally posted by WynterBytch
Rottingflesh:

I'm Rhavin2112's wife. We live in Knoxville, TN.
That show was just too good to worry about a little
2-3hr drive getting in the way

Oh, okay. I was at that show as I am at most shows. That was an amazing show. Let me know when you are going to make it again...otherwise, I will see you at Progpower...