King Crimson

exciar28

neat bitch
May 23, 2003
Seoul, South Korea
www.cyworld.com
I know it's a burning shame that I listened to King Crimson a few months ago FOR THE FIRST TIME (a shame explodes). Of course I've heard of King Crimson from a long time ago but I haven't got a chance to listen to.

I remember that huge impact when I listen to 21st Century Schizoid Man. It was a shock to me In The Court Of The Crimson King was made in 1969. What have we achived in about 30 years since In The Court Of The Crimson King released, I thought.

exciar28 said:
What have we achived in about 30 years since In The Court Of The Crimson King released, I thought.
No question that that particular song and much of Larks and Red remain among the heaviest music ever recorded, but Fripp has continued to epxand and experiment ever since, in essence personifying the idea of progressive music.

Larks Tongues in Aspic is my third favorite album ever. I wish Jamie Muir stayed in the band for the two following albums instead of running off to a monastery, though :( .

The Power to Believe rules, too, but I haven't felt like listening to it for a few months.

This may sound sacriligious, but I think Schizoid Man is my least favorite track on ITCotCK. The calm songs are the reason to buy the album! The flute solos, the improvised ending to Moonchild, and just wow. Very relaxing album.

Yes! Epitaph is the best song on ITCOTCK.

What's everyone's opinion on the 80's albums? I personally think they are some of the best music made during that decade. Elephant Talk is my jam.

I like Starless the Bible Black and Lark's Tongue in Aspic the best...

Discipline is pretty good, but does it remind anyone else of The Talking Heads? It does to me at least...

And the best music made during the 80s was Depeche Mode... just to get that out in the open.

I was just thinking the other day that I would prefer a real bassist to a touch-guitarist. I've really grown to dislike the sound of warr guitars (I still like the Chapman Stick sounds, but I hate playing them). Maybe Tony Levin will come back? Probably wishful thinking.