Label Naming Contest Winners!

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
Some good names submitted and some (I hope purposefully) awful ones. Ultimately there were two names that I gave strong consideration to and by a slight nod I have decided that the winner is:

Modulus (submitted by Entropywins)

Second place went to:

Frequent Seas (submitted by Darvit)

Third place went to:

Malleus (submitted by Moecurlythanu)

Entropywins will receive the first four Modulus releases as they become available. Darvit and Moecurlythanu will receive the first release.

------------------------------------------------------

The first planned release that we have contracted for is Het Pandorra Ensemble "III". It will feature the original 1978 release plus assorted unreleased bonus tracks (still being sorted out by Dolph Planteijdt). Bob Katz will handle the mastering from the original analog tapes. It will be a strictly limited edition of 500 copies. Since this is not going through normal distribution channels I have not established an exact release date but I hope to have it available sometime during the early part of the Summer.

Thanks to everyone for their submissions....including Bob Franchetti.

Ken Golden

WOW!! I think I'm more surprised than anyone. I never seem to win anything so this is a very big honor for me! Congratulations to the other winners as well--I saw some really good names. I'm sure these re-issues are really gonna kick ass.
To bad I'm a terrible artist otherwise I might have some good ideas for a label logo.
Any thoughts on what, if any, kind of logo you might use Ken?

Sean (entropywins)

I think you have chosen a very worthy name, Ken. I do like the sound of it myself....

Oh, and "congrats" to the winner!!

Paul

Thanks Ken. Just wanted to say publicly that the whole contest was generous on your part. I'm really looking forward to the releases on this label. Will there be a dedicated mailing list specifically to announce releases on this label as they become available?

As my long time customers know...I'm pretty awful with maintaining mailing lists. The releases are going to be sporadic enough that you will be able to find out about them on this forum on on the storefront. You can be certain that I'll be spamming PE as well.

I think it will be hard to miss new announcements.

Congrats to the winners [will entropywins change to tautologywins?] .

Now that the contest is over -- Ken, what the heck is wrong with the name Laser's Edge? Not bad at all.

Cute idea Leyth. :)

Ken, whoever told you that [hope they're listening] is a horse's patut.

Maybe , just maybe some would have an initial attraction to a label name. People are attracted,or not, to your label for it's output. Be proud. If The Laser's Edge stamp is on a work, people take notice.

Now if you named it something like banana-hammock blues....................

Some good names submitted and some (I hope purposefully) awful ones. Ultimately there were two names that I gave strong consideration to and by a slight nod I have decided that the winner is:

Modulus (submitted by Entropywins)

Second place went to:

Frequent Seas (submitted by Darvit)

Third place went to:

Malleus (submitted by Moecurlythanu)

Entropywins will receive the first four Modulus releases as they become available. Darvit and Moecurlythanu will receive the first release.

------------------------------------------------------

The first planned release that we have contracted for is Het Pandorra Ensemble "III". It will feature the original 1978 release plus assorted unreleased bonus tracks (still being sorted out by Dolph Planteijdt). Bob Katz will handle the mastering from the original analog tapes. It will be a strictly limited edition of 500 copies. Since this is not going through normal distribution channels I have not established an exact release date but I hope to have it available sometime during the early part of the Summer.

Thanks to everyone for their submissions....including Bob Franchetti.

Ken Golden

Are we Ready to release cds on ( Modulus) Yet????

Just received our inventory for Het PandorRa Ensemble "III" and Randy Roos "Mistral". Each title is a limited edition of 500 copies. They are housed in Stoughton Printing "mini-lp" sleeves and feature extensive liner notes. The official release date is set for March 25, 2012. We will start taking pre-orders at the end of this month. The Modulus series will only be available through a limited number of retailers. When they are sold out they will not be repressed.

Just received our inventory for Het PandorRa Ensemble "III" and Randy Roos "Mistral". Each title is a limited edition of 500 copies. They are housed in Stoughton Printing "mini-lp" sleeves and feature extensive liner notes. The official release date is set for March 25, 2012. We will start taking pre-orders at the end of this month. The Modulus series will only be available through a limited number of retailers. When they are sold out they will not be repressed.

Which one is the Better release,,,,,:saint:

How does one go about placing a pre-order?

I also think Modulus is a great name. Sounds like what Ken would come up with anyway. Glad the contest resulted in such a good name for the new baby.

Is the thread with the contest entries still around? I'm pretty sure I entered, and I thought I had a good entry but I can't for the life of me remember what it was!