Manowar U.S. tour dates

I saw them in both Boston and NJ. I'd guess Boston drew close to 1,000 and NJ probably the same. Hard to say whether they consider that a flop or not for a U.S. date. Still, I can't imagine they're going to draw more in Royal Oak, MI than they would in Philly or NYC.

How did his balls taste? Sweaty? :lol::lol: :headbang:

Gotcha. I honestly think if the fans decided to boycott a Manowar tour due to the obscene prices they charge, it would send a nice message to Mr. MoneyHungryDeMayo.

But it seems that their fans adore getting his balls rubbed all over their faces, :lol:, so he will continue charging those prices. Just because he can.

Think about it... It's not like they bring a huge stage show, play at super expensive venues, have A-list musicians in their lineup...

Fuck, Maiden has cheaper tickets than that for crying out loud.

And Maiden's worth going to see!

In Manowar's defense, I paid $78 for Maiden before fees, and that was a discounted seat because a pole blocked the stage.

In Maiden's defense, they're my favorite band ever and worth more than Manowar.

Here's the thing for me. I agree that it's a little absurd but they are a band I've never gotten a chance to see and I've heard nothing but good things live.

Gotcha. I honestly think if the fans decided to boycott a Manowar tour due to the obscene prices they charge, it would send a nice message to Mr. MoneyHungryDeMayo.

But it seems that their fans adore getting his balls rubbed all over their faces, :lol:, so he will continue charging those prices. Just because he can.

Think about it... It's not like they bring a huge stage show, play at super expensive venues, have A-list musicians in their lineup...

Fuck, Maiden has cheaper tickets than that for crying out loud.

The message would be read as "The US won't support a tour from us, so we won't bother playing the US anymore and will stick to touring Europe exclusively." I don't think they would give another US tour a chance with lower ticket prices. Instead, they would just follow the money back to Europe where the have proven they can draw big crowds at those prices.

The message would be read as "The US won't support a tour from us, so we won't bother playing the US anymore and will stick to touring Europe exclusively." I don't think they would give another US tour a chance with lower ticket prices. Instead, they would just follow the money back to Europe where the have proven they can draw big crowds at those prices.

Which shows they're nothing but a bunch of money hungry bastards who could give two shits about their fans.

And they say they "do it for the fans..."

How did his balls taste? Sweaty? :lol::lol: :headbang:
What a silly question. They tasted like steel. What else would you expect them to taste like? :Spin:

I don't like it... but I get it. It's a business. And in business, you need to make smart financial decisions. And playing shows in the U.S. for $30 a ticket doesn't work for them.

What a silly question. They tasted like steel. What else would you expect them to taste like? :Spin:.

Remind me to look you up next year....

balls1.jpg

They charge an absurd of a ticket price because absurd people will pay that price to see them.

This is it exactly. And they're probably going to sell out every venue. This isn't a small time unproven band. This is a band who can draw, does draw, and will sell out. $75 for a ticket for a Manowar show is what people will pay, I don't see why they shouldn't charge it, beyond the fact that people who can't afford it (and probably wouldn't go for $20 anyway, let's be real) get snippy.

I'm not ashamed to say that I'd pay $75 to see them, if only because I love Eric Adams and it would be an excellent excuse to wear that leather bra I've had in storage since 2006.

nailz hit it on the head.
The people complaining about the price are ones who wouldn't go anyways.

I get what Justin is trying to say, in terms of why MANOWAR, and not other talented US bands (IE - Omen, Jag Panzer, Warlord, etc, etc, etc...)

To me though , MANOWAR never operated as an average US metal band. They had the image and attitude right from the beginning. Manowar never did anything small.

On numerous occasions they would sell out one week straight in Chicago.

They were always set apart from others, and were never a part of the US metal scene. They were "global" from the get go.

If you care about Manowar, then $75 is not an issue.

The opportunity isn't going to come around again in the near future.

I am not even trying to defend Manowar, as they don't need defending.

They have an extremely loyal following for many many years.

gettin snippy there mate

Not really, but let's be real. People bitching about $75 tickets are people who can't be fucked to go out and see a $10 show. Look at NYC and how miserable attendance is for any band that isn't at their height of Popularity. If Seven Kingdoms came up to NYC with Widow and A Sound of Thunder, what do you think the turn out would be if tickets were 5$? 30? Maybe? I think it's fucking ridiculous that Manowar is getting flack for selling tickets at a price people would pay and making money on a tour.

Milton said:
Uh...why?

I explained it in IM but just so people here know: because I am shocked that you're attacking a band that is catering to it's best business practice, considering what you do. ;)

Jason said:

We agree? :puke:

The people complaining about the price are ones who wouldn't go anyways.

To me though , MANOWAR never operated as an average US metal band. They had the image and attitude right from the beginning. Manowar never did anything small.

I disagree.......me and a friend were thinking about going, we liked their 1st few cds back in the day, but once we heard they were looking for $75/ticket decided against it.

Hey, I'm all for supply and demand......and if they can sell out the 1600 seat place here in Chicago then they were absolutely correct in asking that price and I would be wrong thinking they were asking way too much. I would think I would be their target consumer, the average fan that would come to a metal show at a good price.

I go to a lot of shows. But I do take ticket price into account, I think a lot of people take price into account. Unless, like some people, the band is on their bucket list and they absolutely must see them. I get that. There's bands like that for me, like Harem Scarem was. Money wasn't an object. But for me, a band like Manowar, I like them, just not enough to say "money isn't an object".

As for Manowar never doing something small.......hey, I saw them at the Thirsty Whale decades ago....places don't come much smaller.

I go to a lot of shows. But I do take ticket price into account, I think a lot of people take price into account. Unless, like some people, the band is on their bucket list and they absolutely must see them. I get that. There's bands like that for me, like Harem Scarem was. Money wasn't an object. But for me, a band like Manowar, I like them, just not enough to say "money isn't an object".

As for Manowar never doing something small.......hey, I saw them at the Thirsty Whale decades ago....places don't come much smaller.

First off, keep in mind it has been over 10 years ago since they played the Chicago area. There are many people in Chicago into metal who were not around 10 years ago.

Secondly, a Manowar show is a phenomenon that many have only heard about but never experienced. It is truly an event. Just like how everytime Maiden tours, probably 20% (if not more) of the tickets are sold to new fans who never seen them or those just simply curious to see argubly the "best" metal show.

I am with you. I have seen them before (twice) , and am not rushing to buy tickets right when they go on sale. I think it will do well, though I doubt it will sell out 1600. Though at $75 a pop, I doubt the venue needs a sellout to meet their guarantee.

Oh, I know they have played the Whale and what not.
Though my point was that they always had the image and personas of being larger than life. They never acknowledged other bands in the scene. They always claimed to be the only metal band and never felt they had competition.

Egotistical?? Absolutely, but just as much ego, was as much a gimmick which has paid off.