MARE @ The Abbey Pub on Oct. 19

dcowboys311

Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'm flying in for this show. Absolutely stellar lineup and US exclusive. Mare/Malefices/Sortilegia/Niantiel. Would be cool to grab a drink with one/all of you.

Black metal. Mare is the best 'new' (really not so new) black metal band on the planet. Already have my ticket, just waiting on a flight special.

Nah, just a one off. Mare is flying in for this show only. First ever Niantiel and Malefcies shows too, I believe. There's one other band playing, but it won't be announced in advance. I have my suspicions on who it will be....

Saw Mare in Prague last year at Prague Death Mass. Definitely worth going to if you have any interest in black metal. I definitely plan on attending this one. Not familiar with the other bands though, any good?

I just heard the Niantiel demo about a week before this show was announced. Really great. A friend of mine who has very similar taste (and who is probably my number 1 resource for good new music) said it sucked. So, I'd just give it a listen. Only 3 songs.

Sortilegia is good. Their drummer is the live drummer for Vemod. You can tell they like Mare...a lot.

Never listened to Malefices.

h44E5BD0B