Marta vs cab

shreddy

Jul 26, 2002
Chicago
www.myspace.com
Getting in at 3:30 thurs, trying to figure out if I can get to the hotel / venue in time for GSO on thurs. We always take Marta every year but I know that can be slower. Do any of you locals think the cab would be quicker at that time of day?

Traffic at that time of day in Atlanta is a bloody nightmare as I recall. MARTA skips all of that and dumps you out quite close to the venue. My plan this year is to MARTA near the venue, then Uber to the hotel, since there's no way I'm lugging all of my work crap over that terrain in that heat.

By the time you get your luggage and out to ground transportation you'd be taking a cab into the teeth of rush hour. Rush hour here sucks the suck out of suck. Take MARTA.

Reactions: NorseBlood
Agreed with the above. Take the MARTA. Get on at the airport just past Baggage Claim. Get off at the Arts Center station, walk about 1 1/2 blocks north and you're at the venue. Can't get much easier than that.

I use Marta to get to Arts Center and then free shuttle it over to Atlantic Station. I utilize Uber going back and forth between downtown and Atlantic Station, they have set prices for passengers,so its cheap!!!

Bear

Last edited: