Message from TUOMAS of NIGHTWISH

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
GREETINGS FROM TUOMAS
It`s been 3 months since the last show in Hartwall Arena and things are finally calming down. I just read through the yet unfinished version of the upcoming Nightwish-book. I was very impressed. It made me feel nostalgic, happy, ashamed and sad at the same time. This book is written by Mr. Mape Ollila and it`s being finished as we speak. The Finnish version of the book will be released in May. Also the live dvd "End Of An Era" will be released later this year but we have no information about the exact release date yet.
At the moment I`m occupied with writing songs for the next Nightwish album. 14 pieces done so far. I`m also participating in Timo Rautiainen`s solo album, the new For My Pain album, and some Kotiteollisuus´ live gigs before summer. With Nightwish we will start rehearsing the new stuff in June, entering the studio in September. Again we will write a diary through this site so you guys know what`s happening while in the studio. New Nightwish-homepage will also see daylight soon.

At the moment Emppu has his own side projects, Marco is working with the new Tarot-album and Jukka is busy with his new project, unrelated to music business.

The new singer will be announced through this site when the time comes. Please believe in nothing that`s not confirmed on this page.

Spirits up,

Tuomas

I wonder about the last paragraph????? Has the new singer been found and they are just waiting for a good time to announce? Hope they announce soon.

Yah, the gist of that to me totally implies a new singer has already been found. This is exciting! Wow, 14 peices already written... they don't let shit like main vocals leaving/quitting/fired slow em down =D

trentdk said:
Yah, the gist of that to me totally implies a new singer has already been found. This is exciting! Wow, 14 peices already written... they don't let shit like main vocals leaving/quitting/fired slow em down =D

Everyone keeps assuming that. I didn't read it that way at all. More like, stop speculating or believing rumors, we'll make the announcement when we have someone. Guess that's just me.

AMBR's interpreatation is just about right. That sentence is formed/translated in English in such way that someone might get the wrong impression they have chosen a new frontwoman allready.

In the original message (in Finnish) it says that the [official] website will be the first place they will announce the [name of] new singer when the time will come. Until then all other sources shall be considered spreading only rumours.

My sophisticated guess is that we have yet to wait for quite a number of months before they have something to tell us.

In the original message (in Finnish) it says that the [official] website will be the first place they will announce the [name of] new singer when the time will come. Until then all other sources shall be considered spreading only rumours.

My sophisticated guess is that we have yet to wait for quite a number of months before they have something to tell us.

In some interviews with TUOMAS that i have read he has said that he writes for the singer, and in this message he says he has 14 songs done, just an observation.

But it is great to hear MARCO is working on the new TAROT album, it would be great to have TAROT for the pre-party, but it falls around the time of the in studio time for NIGHTWISH.

And JUKKA is at home being a new daddy, and taking some well deserved time-off.

Pyramaze51 said:
In some interviews with TUOMAS that i have read he has said that he writes for the singer, and in this message he says he has 14 songs done, just an observation.

But it is great to hear MARCO is working on the new TAROT album, it would be great to have TAROT for the pre-party, but it falls around the time of the in studio time for NIGHTWISH.

And JUKKA is at home being a new daddy, and taking some well deserved time-off.
I hope that Marco can pull himself, away from the studio, for a couple of days in Sept, so that Tarot can play (hopefully headline) the Pre-Party! :headbang:

It's also good to see Mape getting something out in print. Old-skool Ytsejammers should remember him. Nice guy. Unfortunately, I still owe him about $30-40 in CD trades (his choice, whenever we hook up again). :lol: :Spin:

Four weeks ago Mape told us something about the book in his post on Nightwish board. You can view his post in here

The 450-page book will be published little later also in English and in some other languages as well. It will be available in Nighwish shop if you are interested.

THE RELEASE OF THE DVD MIGHT BE POSTPONED

Today there was news in a finnish newspaper "Iltalehti" which says that the release of the "End Of An Era" -dvd is in danger to be postponed because of surprising agreement- problems. The manager of Spin-Farm Oy Riku Pääkkönen tells that Tarja's manager Marcelo Cabuli has demanded Nightwish and their management to sign an agreement where he demands that no-one has the permission give statements in public about things related to Tarja or Marcelo without Marcelo's literary acceptance. This kind of deal would practically prevent the release of the upcoming Nightwish-book. "We were really wondering this deal. We realized immediately that this kind of deal can not be signed. You simply
can't make deals about such things" Riku pääkkönen tells in Iltalehti. Whoever breaks the deal should pay a fine of 250 000 euros.

The concert of Hartwall Areena is still meant to be released in both cd- and dvd-form. However, this release needs the consent of all parties and due to this unfortunate agreement-mess it seems difficult to get one person's consent.

In the worst case fans from Finland need to buy their dvd outside the borders of Scandinavia.

"Maybe this is yet another example of how fans are treated" Tuomas tells in the article of Iltalehti.
"

What next? :Smug:

"Puppet girl your strings are mine!"

Marcelo is a big fucking asshole, I can't stand the guy. He's a arrogant, full of himself, and tried to control every single one of Tarja's step. Seriously, she has to be a real big dumbfuck to still stay married to him....

No wonder he's from Argentina.. .LOL

Tuomas must be laughing his @$$ off at this. For Marcelo just made the task of erasing Tarja from the minds of Nightwish fans much, much easier. All Tuomas has to do is make damn sure those CD and DVD's from the show at Hartwall NEVER see the light of day for 10 years.

Peace,
Ray C.

Is the new Nightwish singer confirmed to be a woman? Granted, granted, tough to perform the old material without a female vocalist, but how would old and new sound with a bombastic male singer? Food for thought.

WingsofTragedy said:
I never found out, why isn't Tarja in the band anymore?
If you go to www.nightwish.com and look for the open letter to Tarja you will find the reason, it is basically to long to post again, but the short of it is she was fired because she thought she had gotten bigger than the music and that she and her husband that asshole Marcelo should make the decisions of the band, in essence she became money hungry.

Here is the text of the letter that Tuomas gave to Tarja:

Dear Tarja,
It`s time to choose whether the story of Nightwish ends here or whether it will still continue an undetermined period of time. We`ve been working with this creation for 9 years and we are not ready to give up yet. Nightwish is a way of life, something to live for, and we`re certain we can`t let it go.

Equally certain is the fact that we cannot go on with you and Marcelo any longer. During the last year something sad happened, which I`ve been going over in my head every single day, morning and night. Your attitude and behavior don`t go with Nightwish anymore. There are characteristics I would never have believed to see in my old dear friend.
People who don`t talk with each other for a year do not belong in the same band.

We are involved in an industry where the business-side of things is a necessary evil and something to worry about all the time. We are also a band which has always done music from the heart, because of friendship and the music itself. The mental satisfaction should always be more important than money! Nightwish is a band, it`s an emotion.
To you, unfortunately, business, money, and things that have nothing to do with those emotions have become much more important. You feel that you have sacrificed yourself and your musical career for Nightwish, rather than thinking what it has given to you.
This attitude was clearly shown to me in the two things you said to me in an airplane in Toronto: ”I don`t need Nightwish anymore.” and ”Remember, Tuomas, that I could leave this band at any time, giving you only one day`s warning in advance”.
I can`t simply write any more songs for you to sing.

You have said yourself that you are merely a ”guest musician” in Nightwish. Now that visit ends and we will continue Nightwish with a new female vocalist.
We`re sure this is an equally big relief to you as it is for us. We have all been feeling bad long enough.

You told us that no matter what, the next Nightwish album will be your last one. However, the rest of us want to continue as long as the fire burns. So there`s no sense in doing that next album with you, either.
The four of us have been going over this situation countless times and we have realized that this is the thing we want to do in life. It´s all we can do. In December 2004, in Germany, you said that you will never tour again for more than two weeks at a time. You also said that we can forget about U.S. and Australia because the fees and the sizes of venues are too small.

In interviews I`ve mentioned that if Tarja leaves, that would be the end of the band. I understand that people will think this way. Nightwish is, however, a scenery of my soul and I`m not ready to let go because of one person. A person who wants to focus her creativity to somewhere else, a person whose values don`t match mine.

We were never bothered by the fact that you didn`t participate in writing/arranging songs, you never in 9 years came to rehearse the songs with us before going to the studio. Not the fact that while on tour you always wanted to fly, separately from us with your husband. Not the fact that you are an undisputable front image of the band.
We accepted and felt ok about everything except greed, underestimating the fans, and breaking promises. It was agreed by the five of us that Nightwish would be the priority in everything that we do during 2004-2005. Still so many things were more important to you. The ultimate example being the already sold-out show in Oslo, which you wanted to cancel because you needed to rehearse for your solo concerts, meet frieds and go to the movies. Those were the words Marcelo used in an e-mail explaining the cancellation. This being just one example of so many. I couldn`t think of a worse way of being selfish and dismissing our fans.

Nightwish is a way of life and a job with many obligations. To each other and to the fans. With you we can`t take care of those duties anymore.

Deep within we don`t know which one of you drove us to this point. Somehow Marcelo has changed you from the lovely girl you were into a diva, who doesn`t think or act the way she used to. You are too sure of your irreplaceableness and status.

It`s obvious that you blame your stress and misery on us four. And you think we don`t respect or listen to you. Belive us; We have always had the uppermost respect towards you as a wonderful vocalist and as a friend. And very often during the past couple of years the plans were made according to your decisions only. You were always the only one who wanted more money from the shows.
This ”compensation and more money from everything” –attitude is the fact that we are most disappointed of!

We wish that from now on you will listen to your heart instead of Marcelo. Cultural differences combined with greed, opportunism and love is a dangerous combination. Do not wither yourself.

This decision is not something we are especially proud of but you gave us no choice. The gap between us is too wide. And the decision is made by us four unanimously. We are beyond the point where things could be settled by talking.

All the best for your life and career,

Tuomas

Emppu Jukka Marco

Ps. This is an open letter for everybody.

Happy Reading!

Peace,
Ray C.:headbang:

Palabra de Dios said:
Is the new Nightwish singer confirmed to be a woman? Granted, granted, tough to perform the old material without a female vocalist, but how would old and new sound with a bombastic male singer? Food for thought.

Yeah, it is going to be a woman, Tuomas said so. They should just put Marco in a dress and have him sing :D