Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax - Big Four US Tour Dates coming

I honestly don't know if I'd go to this. As I've said plenty of times before, I just don't like Anthrax and considering I saw American Carnage recently, I don't know if I have any need to see this. To me, despite what you may think of them, Metallica usually puts on an awesome show but still... The only thing that may change my mind is if they do that "Am I Evil?" encore but still, I don't know if that's worth what the price will be for this.

Ok, I will make it short and sweet.
For the past 10 years, no one has given a rat's ass about any of these bands performing their own gigs. Ok, maybe Slayer and Megadeth, but only slightly.

Now collectively, everyone is acting like this is the 2nd coming of christ.

I suppose if you haven't rushed out to see these bands in recent years, or weren't around the first time, then this is a dream gig.

Finally, a gig like this reeks of two major factors:
1) Ridiculous ticket prices
2) Terrible venue

As Simon said too, already having the American Carnage tour last year kind of diminishes the WOW factor I would think.

Anyhow - Just my 2 cents.

To make my post here somewhat constructive to those who are excited, I will say this. Megadeth are great live these days. Well, the last time I saw them was when Heaven and Hell first toured. It blew away any previous Megadeth live show I have seen, including back in the day. Secondly, Slayer ALWAYS deliver live. Anthrax are Anthrax. Too much drama for me to care anymore. As far as Metallica, I have defended them for MANY years, and probably have seen about 10 shows of theirs. That being said, the last time I saw them was easily the worst. Way too predictable and uninspired.

I saw all 4 back when they were still relevant (Metallica- Master of Puppets, Megadeth - Peace Sells, Anthrax- Among the Living, Slayer - South of Heaven)...no need for this.

Oh yeah...amazingly memorable show, as were most held at the Aragon back in the day.

Best show ever at Aragon (that I experienced): December 5, 1987 - Celtic Frost/Exodus/Anthrax

Oh yeah...amazingly memorable show, as were most held at the Aragon back in the day.

Best show ever at Aragon (that I experienced): December 5, 1987 - Celtic Frost/Exodus/Anthrax

My brother was at that show.
No idea why I missed that one.
Must have not been available for some reason.

I did see Anthrax / Helloween / Exodus the next year.

Were you at Megadeth / Warlock / Sanctuary?
That was another humdinger!

For the past 10 years, no one has given a rat's ass about any of these bands performing their own gigs.

Jason, just cause you don't go to shows doesn't mean no one cares about them. ;)

January 09 I saw plenty of people giving a rat's ass both nights Metallica played at the All State Arena. Slayer has played lots and lots of gigs at the Aragon and Megadeth has has some success with the Gigantour a few years back.
To say that no one has cared is a lie.

Anthrax on the other hand.....

a gig like this reeks of two major factors:
1) Ridiculous ticket prices
2) Terrible venue

I agree, unless it's a stadium tour the Chicago stop might get stuck at shitty mac shitty venue in Tinley Park at $180 a ticket for any decent seat. Large venues like the All State and United Center are too small for this unless it's multiple nights.

They should have this at Toyota Park!!!!

Would buy lawn/nosebleed/etc ticket for sure...paid close to $70 for the American Carnage tour with 3 of these bands recently and don't feel the need to do that again. Gotta see Metallica once before I die and this seems like the perfect chance.

I missed the Sanctuary show but I could have sworn the concert you are referring to was Metal Church/Helloween/Anthrax...and I was at that one! Classic indeed. So many years and beers ago, it's difficult keeping all the shows I have seen from morphing into one big festival...lol

Large venues like the All State and United Center are too small for this unless it's multiple nights.

Jose, I think you are overestimating here. They probably would sell out, but I wouldn't say they're too small for this. I would prefer United Center. It has the best sound of all the stadiums and such in Chicago, but I know it's probably unlikely.

Jose, I think you are overestimating here. They probably would sell out, but I wouldn't say they're too small for this. I would prefer United Center. It has the best sound of all the stadiums and such in Chicago, but I know it's probably unlikely.

Every time Metallica plays the All State they do 2 or 3 nights, with the hype around this tour being the Big 4 I am led to believe that it would interest a lot more people than just Metallica's fan base, hence my estimate of these venues being too small for this.

For the past 10 years, no one has given a rat's ass about any of these bands performing their own gigs.

Except for millions of people.

Anyways, I will probably try to go to this but if I can't get tickets to it then I won't lose any sleep. Could be cool to go to just to say I did it but ultimately it has massive suckage potential since all 4 of these bands are way past their prime and haven't put out good albums in forever.

I'll be honest as long as this makes a stop near Massachusetts I'm going to go. I've only missed one Megadeth concert that came anywhere in the New England area since 2004. I managed to catch them live twice with Heaven & Hell and while those were amazing concerts, along with the American Carnage tour, I have hopes that MegaDave will come out with enough energy to blow the other bands off the stage. That alone is worth the price of admission for me!