Metallica

I was just listening to Whiskey in the Jar while running on the treadmill

forgot how awesome that rendition was

In walked Captain Farell
I jumped up,fired my pistols
and I shot him with both barrels

Garage Inc still gets a lot of play while I'm tooling down the road - it's a regular in rotation of discs. I absolutely love their cover of Sabbra Cadabra - Metallica doing any Black Sabbath is awesome. I also like "Astronomy" - Blue Oyster Cult has always been a fav of mine so hearing Metallica do this cover made my day when I first heard it. Other favorites are "Crash Course in Brain Surgery" as I just love the aggression they added to this song, and of course "Mercyful Fate" - how can you not like James singing Kind Diamond songs? I always liked the rawness of these recordings - you could tell they enjoyed themselves back in these days before they needed marriage counselors to play together.

Saw a killer Metallica cover band last night called Killa Maul. Features Jason McMaster (Dangerous Toys, Watchtower, Broken Teeth, Ignitor, etc. etc.) on guitar and vocals. All they do is the Kill Em All album. Fun times.

For me, the Mercyful Fate medley is one of the best showcases of how awesome metal is. The Prince, Astronomy, Motorhead covers, Breadfan, Helpless.... Garage Inc. is one damn good album