Michael Kiske picks his favorite albums of 2008

His taste is pretty bad, but metal musicians can listen to non-metal music if they want to.

Kiske has stated a few times that he doesn't really even like metal, or that could've been Geoff Tate, or both for that matter.

I think metal musicians should only listen to metal that sounds exactly like that of their own. And since most of them don't have busy lives I'm sure, they should spend their time downloading albums from all of the latest kvlt bands so that us fans can be pleased with their taste in music. :)

That's not the point.

Kiske says a lot of bad things about Metal, besides listening to this crap music.

He said that Maiden sells death to people in 2008. Did you guys forget that?

If you're gonna call out Kiske for his picks of the year, you evidently don't know the background story about him joining Helloween. The guy was never a metalhead, and the fact that he lent his talents to a few very influential records in the genre is just a hilarious fluke.

Besides, it's not that uncommon for metal legends to have some pretty lousy musical tastes.

My understanding is that he appeared on Avantasia under an assumed name because he no longer wants to be associated with metal.
So no.

Kiske was rumored[citation needed] to be Bruce Dickinson's replacement after he departed from Iron Maiden in 1993, but that position was filled by Blaze Bayley.
Fuck...what would that have been like.
I mean, Maiden did release a couple pop-ish songs as b-sides. It might have been really cool. It certainly would have been better than the Blaze albums...

His taste is pretty bad, but metal musicians can listen to non-metal music if they want to.

tbh Quorthon had pretty bad taste (He hated Kreator, early Metallica, Maiden, and pretty much a ton of other stuff) and didn't listen to metal.

I'm pretty sure that he did listen to at least a few metal bands. In fact, I can think of a few that he had definitely heard before recording his music.