Midtown parking

Irene

New Metal Member
Sep 22, 2004
Michigan
Sorry if this was already asked elsewhere, but I didn't see anything.

Can anyone from that area suggest the best areas to park for the show? I know I can park at the venue, but that's pretty expensive and I think if you have to leave you pay again when you come back.

We're staying all the way in Smyrna due to cost of the hotels in Midtown this year. If I'm not mistaken, there's a public parking place next to the Residence Inn at 17th? Anyone know how much they charge?

I should probably know the parking there by now, I've been there every Progpower. :) But it seems like that area changes a lot.

Also, can one walk from the venue to that new Atlantic Center? It seems close, but with the freeway there and all I'm not sure how easily accessible it is by foot. Seems like they have quite a few restaurants there so that could be a dinner option.

Anyhow, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and see you at the show! :)

Irene

Sorry if this was already asked elsewhere, but I didn't see anything.

Can anyone from that area suggest the best areas to park for the show? I know I can park at the venue, but that's pretty expensive and I think if you have to leave you pay again when you come back.

True. There are a few surface lots in the area that might be cheaper.....

We're staying all the way in Smyrna due to cost of the hotels in Midtown this year. If I'm not mistaken, there's a public parking place next to the Residence Inn at 17th? Anyone know how much they charge?

Hmm, I'll have to check on this tonight. I'm staying at the R.I. and will probably leave my car there, but it'd be nice if there was a much-cheaper option nearby....

Also, can one walk from the venue to that new Atlantic Center? It seems close, but with the freeway there and all I'm not sure how easily accessible it is by foot. Seems like they have quite a few restaurants there so that could be a dinner option.

In theory, it could also be a parking option, but I believe they charge for parking over there as well. :( That'd be a longish walk across the 17th Street bridge, but it would be doable.

Yeah, RI charges almost $20 to park there. I stayed at that RI last year and had a deal for $99/night with free parking. Thankfully I brought the printout with proof cause they were denying such an offer existed. Now it's $149 with "Free" parking. Still too much considering we're paying $79 in Smyrna at a RI there. No parking fee either. Anyhow, if you see that lot tonight, let me know. Thanks! :)

Atlantic Center probably charges a lot too to park, so I wasn't planning on parking there. I just figured maybe walk there to a restaurant from the venue. Just wasn't sure if it's even walkable (safely that is) due to the freeway. The girl at the hotel desk last year was horrified when I asked if it's walkable. So I don't know if it's not doable due to the freeway or if the thought of walking 1/2 mile was scary to her. :) I'd like to check out that place though since they have a Moe's and California Pizza Kitchen. :)

Well, thanks for the info! :)

Irene

Several of us walked from the venue to the Publix at Atlantic Station for subs just fine last year. There's a huge overpass bridge within sight that you cross, and you're good.

We parked at Atlantic Station on Thursday last year. The cost is $14 for 7-24 hours.
On Friday and Saturday we parked at the Law Library which I think was only $5 for the whole night.

If you are going to spend more than $10 to park away from the venue.. just park at one of the lots next to the venue, or under the venue.