MOONSPELL in Atlanta!!!!!

Would they really schedule two big metal concerts in one city at the same date?? I wanted to see Moonspell at Graspop, but I got stuck in a couple of queues (for my festival bracelet, my drink and food tickets) so I missed them... Besides that, I would prefer to see them in a venue where their sound is much better than on a festival.
But I really would have trouble choosing between them and Kamelot. I guess I would go for Kamelot after all, because they have such an amount of energy on stage.

Unfortunately for us, yes. The two shows are at two different venues, are being booked by two different people, and reach out to two different target audiences. The average person at Blackest of the Black is going for either Danzig or Dimmu Borgir -- neither of which have a reputation for having much of a power metal crowd. The same thing concept applies to the Kamelot show, too. And after all, it's also a matter of tour routing. Why have another day off (aka another day with no income) when you can play a show in a major city that's on your way to the next major city?

I'd love to see Moonspell/Dimmu/Danzig again. I'd like to see Kamelot that night as well. I'll probably go for the Kamelot as I haven't seen them. As my concertgoing is severely limited here, it might be my only chance to see them for a while (unless they hit Tokyo next year).

I must admit I didn't know much about Moonspell until the past few weeks. What I've heard, though, is promising. I think I could dig these guys.

Dimmu is solid, too.

However, I'm not much into the black metal side of things (that reminds me of a line spoken by Willow in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, something like: "I prefer my arts a little less dark"). I may attend this gig when it reaches Detroit. But probably only for Moonspell, Dimmu and, perhaps, Danzig. Perhaps.

Feels like Moonspell was just here not that long ago.. but I guess it's been like what, 3 years? Opeth and Lacuna Coil show right?

Feels like Moonspell was just here not that long ago.. but I guess it's been like what, 3 years? Opeth and Lacuna Coil show right?

Opeth toured with Moonspell and DevilDriver in the beginning of 2004. Moonspell has been back since then though (although I have no clue if they played shows down there).

Opeth toured with Moonspell and DevilDriver in the beginning of 2004. Moonspell has been back since then though (although I have no clue if they played shows down there).

And that's the one I was thinking of :)

And come to think of it, the Opeth/Lacuna Coil show was 2002. And I still want to say Moonspell was the other band on that package... but not sure.