Most embarrassing metal?

My CD collection is odd and diverse enough that I have Enchant and Edge Of Sanity filed next to Enya (deliberately), and could have Cryptopsy next to, say, The Cruxshadows (except my Cryptopsy CDs "live" in a traveling CD case), but that's different from Embarassing Metal..... Great idea for a topic and I went over and browsed through my collection to find something I'd wince at.

It took a while, but I -did- wince at the sight of Slaughter's Stick It Live and at Enuff Z'nuff. I also winced at the sight of Nightwish's excellent Century Child filed next to Metallica's Load (of crap).....and promptly separated them, lest the latter infect the former. :D

As for a guilty-pleasure hard-rock or metal CD, I'll vote for my copy of Mutha's Day Out, My Soul Is Wet. Heck, I think I'll play some of it now, since it's been a while. (They were about 18 when that CD came out on Chrysalis, and they broke up right before they'd have gotten big. :( )

symfnyx said:
hmmm. good thread. I too grew up an 80's metal fan and amongst my many cd's are Bon Jovi, Poison, D'Molls, etc. that get some laughs but I don't care, i'm proud to be an 80's metalhead... it was a fucking great time of my life. But the ones I probably wouldn't want anyone to see are my Mentors cd's. Four-F club for life! :tickled:

"find her, feel her, f^#$ her, forget her!" :OMG:

I am a HUGE Bon Jovi fan and I am not embarassed to admit it...I play BJ and I cranck it loud..fun rock and roll done right! I've seen them in concert a couple of times and they put on one of the best shows I've ever seen! I just plain LOVE THEM. Does that make me less of a metal fan? I don't think so...I have very varied taste! I also enjoy bands such a Heart, Journey, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Dokken...the usual 80's suspects...What can I say? I love the 80's! :D

who mentioned D'Molls ?!?! heheh doin D' Stroll... woah, almost htought I forgot about them.

AND KEEL DOES NOT SUCK! Well, Iron Horse does, but the old Keel doesn't. :headbang:

The new Celine Dion stuff I don't like at all.. but her early stuff up to Fallinf Into You were great... she's got pipes.

I also am still a Debbie Gibson, or Deborah now, fan. I figured I'd save my guiltiest pleasure to try to cash in on the growing pot on the table. Pot meaning a poker reference not the plant or weed :) I actually got to meet her back in 91 at a radio station when I was in college. I still have the autographed T-shirt and polaroid to this day. I think me in the picture is more embarassing than you guys thinking me a fan of hers is. But, when you go to colleg for music & video businesss, a lot of students dressed the part... rockers with books... amazing. :OMG:

I have the 1st 4 cd's from the Monkees!!I remember seeing the TV show when I was 2 years old & loved the songs & still do to this day,even tho they didn't play on 3 of the 4 discs!! I consider this more of a guilty pleasure than an embarrasment!!:loco:
Krusty/Antithesis

NP:Gamma Ray-"As Time Goes By"

Creeps said:
I also am still a Debbie Gibson, or Deborah now, fan. I figured I'd save my guiltiest pleasure to try to cash in on the growing pot on the table. Pot meaning a poker reference not the plant or weed :) I actually got to meet her back in 91 at a radio station when I was in college. I still have the autographed T-shirt and polaroid to this day. I think me in the picture is more embarassing than you guys thinking me a fan of hers is. But, when you go to colleg for music & video businesss, a lot of students dressed the part... rockers with books... amazing. :OMG:
Damn, Creeps...I'm gonna print this out...and next time my wife calls ME a poseur, I'm gonna show her this post...thanks, man!

Just kidding...such a brave soul unbaring your skeletons in the closet...although some things are better left in there...haha!

Rocker with books...woulda thought!

Rock on (you Debbie Gibson pot-growing poseur)!

I love the 80's metal too. I think at my age it is a love of the music and the memories of younger days.. :)

My death metal friends give me hell sometimes but I don't care. Other than metal I have Bauhaus, Misfits, old Alice Cooper, a variety of hair metal, horror soundtracks (classical), Rocky Horror soundtrack, Prince (i went and seen him about a month ago) and I am sure some more that my friends laugh at me about.

Hmm, I just remembered I have a Silverchair CD or two here, but Debbie Gibson trumps those easily. I am in awe. :worship:

(Actually, Debbie wrote her own material, so she was better than, say, Tiffany. Uh, so there! :dopey: )

If we're talking non-metal stuff here, I gots shitloads-o-stuff, that some might consider embarrasing. I listen to a lot of non-metal music. There's my country collection: Williams, Cash, Haggard, Jones, Jennings...the real stuff, no pop-country bullshit. I got some Neil Diamond, Sade, Ohio Players, Mother's Finest, Rod Stewart/Faces. I absolutley love Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss & Nanci Grifffith.

When I was a kid I even had a Bay City Rollers album...I was 6 or 7 at the time. S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night! :headbang:

Pellaz said:
Hmm, I just remembered I have a Silverchair CD or two here, but Debbie Gibson trumps those easily. I am in awe. :worship:

(Actually, Debbie wrote her own material, so she was better than, say, Tiffany. Uh, so there! :dopey: )
That's right, man...you gotta give credit to the musicians that actually write, compose, play, and record their own music...but...Silverchair...that does kinda blow, dude...haha

Gotta give credit to you for baring your soul...

Rock on!

Lizzy Borden is one of my favorites!! I saw them just a couple of weeks ago when they did a special tribute set for Alex Nelson who was killed recently.....I'd stack Lizzy's discs up against alot of new stuff today!!

The most embarrassing metal I have is the Gamma Ray karaoke CD. When someone sees that, it's always, "No. You .. you don't, do you? No, you wouldn't. Please say you don't." and of course I immediately try to change the subject to something slightly less embarrassing, such as Hammerfall or Dream Evil.

I want the Gamma Ray karaoke CD!

I like Triumph, Journey, Scorpions, Bon Jovi, Dokken, Keel, Europe, Impelliterri, Heart, Def Leppard. Even if 80s metal was lame, a lot of it had decent melodies and was catchy as hell.

I've read that Anders Johansson's 'solo' stuff is a bit out there.

Legacy of Kings > Renegade + Crimson Thunder

I see people bashing Lullacry everywhere, but I dig them. I also like Helloween's Pink Bubbles Go Ape album more than most others do.

sloppy said:
The most embarrassing metal I have is the Gamma Ray karaoke CD. When someone sees that, it's always, "No. You .. you don't, do you? No, you wouldn't. Please say you don't." and of course I immediately try to change the subject to something slightly less embarrassing, such as Hammerfall or Dream Evil.
heh...I've got a Helloween karaoke cd. :headbang: Too bad I can't sing...at least that's what the neighbors say...
:Smokin:

ashaman7122 said:
That's right, man...you gotta give credit to the musicians that actually write, compose, play, and record their own music...but...Silverchair...that does kinda blow, dude...haha

Gotta give credit to you for baring your soul...

Rock on!
In mild defense of Silverchair, they were quite young when they won an all-Australia band competition, and they did write and perform their own material, as far as I know.

Then again, the same tepid defense about performing their own stuff could be made for Hanson. :)

Pellaz said:
In mild defense of Silverchair, they were quite young when they won an all-Australia band competition, and they did write and perform their own material, as far as I know.

Then again, the same tepid defense about performing their own stuff could be made for Hanson. :)
Ouch...got me on that one...Hanson (shiver)...

Tepid defense?!?!? I guess I've been told....!

HAHA...great response!

Rock on!