My Top 40 of 2012

Communication Lost is actually from 2011 but hey if you didn't get to it till this year than I guess it still counts! Despite my distaste of the power side of ProgPower the continuation of getting bands like this for the fest keep me coming back every year. You probably sold a disc with Oddland, sounded good to my ears.

LOVE.MIGHT.KILL have a little Christmas treat for you! They offer a free download of "XTC", the first video from the band's new album "2 Big 2 Fail"!

You can download it here: http://www.sindecademetal.com/LMK_XTC_HD.avi

"2 Big 2 Fail" was released on October 19th in Europe via Massacre Records.

LOVE.MIGHT.KILL were recently confirmed for Sweden's Väsby Rock estival, which is going to take place on August 3, 2013: www.facebook.com/events/294227677364510

www.lovemightkill.com | www.facebook.com/lovemightkill

The symphonics and the voice in that Damnation Angels tune...they hit me right in the chest. You know that place where you get a full body shiver from when a tune is just perfect? Yeah, that spot. I got at least 3 of those inside of the first 2 minutes. I HAVE GOT TO GET THAT DISC! That chorus is what ProgPower means to me. So fucking amazing!

I love that Dimension Act disc, a lot. Zane was pimping the shit out of it and I got a bday gift certificate for his shop so I took a risk on it. Possibly the best risk I took all year. I disagree with Sir Exar Kun on it being textbook. It feels just really excellently executed to me.

Several of those others are on my buy list already. I need spare money!

I've made a spotify playlist folder with all albums that available (i think only 3-4 are not including new kamelot ffs). I'd share it on here if I could but I dunno how to do that exactly if its even possible.

I'm in agreement with 75% of the list. I've really like what Crow7 have shown me.

The new Secret Sphere is tremendous. Threshold is my #1.

My #2 is H.e.a.t.- Address the Nation. Solid AOR rock with tons of anthems!!!!

Definitely check them out!!

"15. Threshold- March of Progress: Threshold is possibly the slickest & most polished prog metal band on the planet (yeah..shut up about Vanden Plas).

Hey...are you talking to me? The VP comment aside this Threshold CD is awesome and they need to come back to PP ASAP... You know you've got sponsor's for them :kickass:

Hell yeah. Threshold and Headspace for 2014!!! I will sponsor for sure:hotjump:

glad to see AT VANCE get some love. That is a solid band. Like you said...they are not trying to break new ground or change the world...they just write simple good songs. Always a band I never need to hear stuff first before buying.

glad to see AT VANCE get some love. That is a solid band. Like you said...they are not trying to break new ground or change the world...they just write simple good songs. Always a band I never need to hear stuff first before buying.

For some reason, they are a band I just can't get into.

I agree with Katatonia, Kamelot (surprised to say), Testament, and Wolverine. Weak year for my taste. F&J's Cold and IE's Dystopia along with Katatonia's new disk are the about only great releases in the past two years for me :-(

4. Beyond the Bridge- The Old Man and the Spirt: This is the #1 progressive metal release of the year.

This is my #1 for the year in any genre. I listen to it over and over and over. Silverthorn is good but has nowhere near the emotional impact for me. I haven't heard to the new Damnation Angels in its entirety and that has the possibility of topping BtB.

great list Glenn....I found a few gems in there I had not heard before.

This is the thread I most look forward to every year. I always discover some bands that I wouldn't have otherwise found. Plus Glenn has such a way with words :)

"It was a disappointing year in thrash for me (Overkill dropped the ball…)..."
I'm not sure why this masterpiece did not make your list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApMitnsXgg

'Phantom Antichrist' is probably my number one thrash metal release of 2012. Yes, edging out Testament and my beloved Overkill. :worship:

edit: I need to leave my own disclaimer... if you are not at least bobbing your head or tapping your foot while listening to either of these videos I've posted, you should check your pulse. ;)

True, the new Kreator kicks all kinds of ass. Put that disc in your car at maximum volume and you can't help but smile. If Overkill had released an album this year, I'm sure it would be up there.