Myrath-Desert Call

Listened to the first half this morning, and it is excellent. They upped the middle Eastern influences on this album considerably.... Very good stuff.

Listened to the first half this morning, and it is excellent. They upped the middle Eastern influences on this album considerably.... Very good stuff.

That's good to hear. Their first album was good but WAY too similar to Symphony X and their ilk. Their new stuff sounds much more original.

Now I just need to figure out a 3rd CD to order this with the new Orphaned Land since apparently Red Circuit is out of stock...

My copy just arrived, Cant play it yet, Im on a different site and to many people around,, but my cd player in the car will be smokin on the way home:headbang::headbang::headbang::Smokin::kickass:

Just finined spinning new Myrath.... WOW , this cds rocks . I started it again, great disc indeed...:kickass::headbang::Smokin:

Closest comparison I can make is to Angra's "Holy Land", and that is meant as truly high praise. I get the same vibe, but utilizing the Middle Eastern percussion and strings in lieu of the South American / Latin vibe that "Holy Land" contained.

Absolutely phenominal release. Only beef I can really come up with is that the middle section of the disc is a little generic, somewhere around tracks 6/7/8. After that, they get back to the same excellent quality as the first half.