NA Edguy Tour - blab

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
Direct support will come from Minnesota's EPICUREAN. Wisconsin's LUNA MORTIS will be openers.

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 05 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON
Sep. 06 - Club Soda - Montreal, QC
Sep. 09 - The Blender Theater (at Gramercy) - New York, NY
Sep. 11 - Jaxx - West Springfield, VA
Sep. 12 - Peabody’s - Cleveland, OH
Sep. 13 - The Pearl Room - Mokena, IL
Sep. 15 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
Sep. 16 - Royal Albert Arms - Winnipeg, MB
Sep. 17 - The Riddell Center (at Univ. of Regina) - Regina, SK
Sep. 19 - Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB
Sep. 20 - Warehouse - Calgary, AB
Sep. 21 - Plaza Club - Vancouver, BC
Sep. 23 - Sugar Nightclub - Victoria, BC
Sep. 24 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
Sep. 25 - Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
Sep. 27 - Slims - San Francisco, CA
Sep. 28 - Jumping Turtle - San Marcos, CA
Sep. 29 - The Key Club - Hollywood, CA

I didn't really care too much about Edguy's last two albums, so I'm not too bummed I'm missing the NY show.

Epicurean is the new Into Eternity as far as touring goes, apparently.

Hell yeah!!! Chicago the week after Prog Power!!! I can't wait. I am so there!!!!

The week after PP?
More like the weekend *of* PP.

That would take a true Rockstar move to be able to pull off four days of partying at PP, fly back to Chicago Sunday morning/afternoon, then head straight to the Pearl Room to rock out with Edguy until midnight, drive home, then get up at 5am to go to work the next day.

WTF? Edguy tours with some really crappy openers at times. Two or so years ago, it was Light This City. Having to stand through them sucked.

I don't think there's anything wrong with those openers.
They are way better than a lot of openers you get at most Metal shows.
I've seen both bands a number of times and found them quite enjoyable.

I have heard good things about Luna Mortis....but those people I heard it from are not reliable...Epicurean are not good. They dont really fit on this tour at all. Edguy seems to always get lousy act when they do headlining tours in the states. Oh well....I guess it will let me get there later. With the Pearl Room I am sure there will be 3 more locals added to.

I bought the Luna Mortis CD and I like it a lot.
Was bummed this was the weekend of PP 'cause I would have liked to have seen them.

Edguy would have been fun to see too....lol

I really, really want to like Epicurean. I think their music is great, but their vocalist absolutely kills it for me. IMO, if they had a death metal or a black metal singer, I would really enjoy this band.

@Amber: It's fine if you like those two bands. I don't. They don't quite fit with Edguy either, IMO. But I think they're all on the same lable. Which was the case with Light This City.

@TheQ: That's why Al and I aren't going. It's the day we'd be driving back from ProgPower. No thanks. I like Edguy, but after a weekend of head-exploding metal, I think I'd probably pass out if I tried to go. :lol:

Epicurean are on Metal Blade.
Weren't they just on the Rotting Christ tour?

I have seen Edguy two times now.
Definitely enough for me.
I just can't get into their new direction.

No doubt though that they are a great live band.

Epicurean are on Metal Blade.
Weren't they just on the Rotting Christ tour?

I have seen Edguy two times now.
Definitely enough for me.
I just can't get into their new direction.

No doubt though that they are a great live band.

Then I REALLY don't get the lineup choice. *shrugs* But whatever.

And yes, Edguy is fantastic live. Lots of energy, entertaining, and they always seem to be having a good time. I still haven't heard the new album.