NEARfest - who's going?

Never been to NEARfest, hope to make it one year but I'll be abroad this summer. I'm unfamiliar with many of the bands on this year's roster, guess I have some homework to do.

Received my tickets in the mail yesterday. It's official!!! However, RoSfest comes first. I'm not too thrilled that the fests are so close this year.

I feel for you and I feel for the organisers.

Being involved in an annual festival myself ("FIREFEST") that runs over three days, in the present economic/world situation getting the right line-up and therefore getting the fans on board is absolutely key. Our ticket sales this year (the event is in October) have been better than ANY previous year and the Friday night show was SOLD OUT in a matter of a couple of weeks and with the Saturday and Sunday shows doing well over the same period with sales of ALL WEEKEND tickets being remarkably strong.

I have already stated my continued suppoprt for live music in another thread - but small(er) festivals really do need the fans to turn out if at all possible at this difficult time.

So - very sad news for the NEARFEST guys and for those of you who had already planned to attend.

Paul

Very sad and shocking news indeed!

Also interesting to read and thing about why this year's lineup didn't work out.

Well IMO, with all Due Respects ,, Seems like The line up on the Bands this Time Around Doesnt seem too Inviteing..:confused:

Bob:

Considering the last concert you went to was at the Fillmore East I'm not sure its appropriate for you to comment on what is and isn't an inviting lineup. From your perspective its clear that none of them are. If you don't support live music either locally or at a festival it will die off - plain and simple.

Ken

Bob:

Considering the last concert you went to was at the Fillmore East I'm not sure its appropriate for you to comment on what is and isn't an inviting lineup. From your perspective its clear that none of them are. If you don't support live music either locally or at a festival it will die off - plain and simple.

Ken

Ouch!!:worship: Last concert was at (Garden State Art Center) PNC Center now...
Marshall Tucker Band
Molley Hachett
Charlie Daniels Band
:headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass::loco:

...and you know my views on attending live music. Last night it was the TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA down in London (England for those of you who forget where I am based!!) What a totally amazing show. Also interviewed Paul O'Neill for half an hour (that stretched to 75 minutes!) a while before the show. He is one cool dude and what an encyclopaedic knowledge he has from a huge breadth of reading. Phew!

Back at the bar next to the hotal after the show: who should walk in but Clive Nolan and the rest of the Pendragon guys (Well the Pendragon guys plus Agnieszka Swita (Caamora)...and the discussions there rounded off the evening very nicely, thank you.

This weekend it is 3 days of the FUSED festival.... keeps this old guy young. Apparently, you need to try it, Bob!!

Paul