Need some beta-testers for my own drum samples!

JarekMusil

Apr 20, 2012
Czech Republic
www.jarekmusil.net
Hey all!

I´ve made my 1st ever drum samples
(kick & snare, raw and mixed, lots of mics to choose, lots of layers and hits)
and would really appreciate Your opinions if it´s valuable and possibly if You
would pay for it (You´ll get them for free, sure).

Samples are in WAV (44,1kHz / 24bit) & NKI formats.

If You´re interested, please PM me and I will send You the links (4).

Some bounced sounds here:

https://soundcloud.com/jarek-musil/sets/smelly-drumz-drum-samples

hello,
I'll bite...
not sure I love the triggering here but I hear some nice samples.

really like the jazzy song.

personally, at this point I think I own almost all samples made. so... in terms of what I'd buy...

first off it has to sound good - yours sounds good to me

second, it has to have enough velocity levels to be dynamic... for me that means at least 5 velos and they have to be 5 distinct velos. soft hits and ghost hits are as if not more important.

I'm a code-monkey by day and have created a few kontakt drum instruments that have all sorts of features. alas, it still requires a lot of busy work to make kits.
usually have to rename stuff so it at least goes in with a drag/drop and lines up right. I've even built some code to change names, label with db... but I have to sort of set it up for the incoming names and that's tedious.
typically find a few noisy samps I have to weed out. I have a standard layout I use for notes so sometimes I have to cut samples to get the right cymbal stop or otherwise massage to get all the hihat hits separated like I need. then, the hardest part... have to mix things till I have a use-able drum kit.

that's a lot of work, so I will and have paid for analog drums, drum forge, etc kits. that's about all I'd pay for going forward altho in the past I've bought tmf, vrmusic, delicous, beta monkey, etc.

I'd prefer it already have a kontakt setup and that setup has to be at least as good as analog drums or drum forge.

If I could see the organization of a sample set, and see that it would lend itself to easily tossing into my kontakt setup I could be on board. screenshot of the folders should be on every site trying to sell them... just saying.

another big factor for me... I want an entire kit. The character imparted by the recording technique, room, etc needs to be on all notes for me so...
Ideally I would get snRimL, snRimR, snCtrL, snCtrR, sm w toms, ride edge and bell, cymbal soft bell to edge, hihats in several groups of openness from soft to hard so I can setup blending... and all with several mic variations.

I also want to know the origin of the kit. Something I don't have could influence me but I want to know make/model.

I'm sure that's more then you wanted to know.