Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
As some of you may have read on Blabbermouth yesterday, the Disturbed/Nevermore European tour was postponed until September this year. Obviously, that conflicts with the festival date. Nevermore have officially withdrawn from the festival in order to continue with that potentially lucrative tour as of this morning.

Obviously, I am beyond disappointed. I will now begin the search for a replacement. Please be patient as I have no idea how long the process will take.

Glenn H.

Ronnie James Dio? I heard he might like to play PP :Spin:

Steve in Philly

P.S. - Glenn, we have faith in you that you'll get a great replacement.

Great news! (Sorry about the hassle, but they weren't my top choice to headline anyway.....good luck!)

Here are my choices, for what its worth:

Shadow Gallery
Shaaman
Labyrinth
Within Temptation
Fates Warning
Savatage (With Zak)
Helloween reunion (haha yeah right)

had been keeping updated on the Disturbed tour postponement......too bad it was rescheduled for dates during PP. Damn and I was hoping to finally see a full set from Nevermore.....

Glenn I'm sure you'll pull something wicked and surprising out of your bag of goodies. Keep up the great work!

Glenn, I realize this sucks for you, and I sympathize....but..

YAYYAYAYAY!!!

I'd rather have not seen Nevermore again, so it works out for me. I'm sure you'll get us an even better band to headline.

You people need help. Despite your constant whining about it, you've just been deprived of a great show, if what I saw late last year was any indication.

Oh well. I'm now curious about who will replace them.

I find it somewhat bizarre, that people would actually come on Glenn's forum and cheer that the festival he worked his ass off for, has suffered a major setback. I appreciate that Nevermore's cancelation means a replacement that some people might prefer. But how about showing just a touch of class, and restraining your joy until the new headliner is announced, and Glenn has put this setback behind him?

Zod

As much of a pain in the ass this is for Glen, I am personnally happy about this as I would rather see someone else headline Saturday night. No disrespect to Nevermore, I would just like to see someone else that normally doesnt tour the States! Like VANDEN PLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eaeolian said:
You people need help. Despite your constant whining about it, you've just been deprived of a great show, if what I saw late last year was any indication.

I don't need any help, and I've done no more whining than simply stating that I'm not a fan of Nevermore. I've seen them twice, and was no where near impressed either time. I enjoy their studio work well enough, but I was bored and unimpressed both times I saw them. Maybe we've been deprived of a great show, but I'm sure Glenn will provide us with something even better.

General Zod said:
I find it somewhat bizarre, that people would actually come on Glenn's forum and cheer that the festival he worked his ass off for, has suffered a major setback. I appreciate that Nevermore's cancelation means a replacement that some people might prefer. But how about showing just a touch of class, and restraining your joy until the new headliner is announced, and Glenn has put this setback behind him?

Zod

We're not happy it didn't work out for the poor guy, after he put his time and money into it. Hell, even with Nevermore playing, I have my gold badge. That being said, there are bands that I would rather see and for THAT and THAT alone, I'm happy they cancelled.

To all that love the band, I'm sorry. If this happened with Evergrey or something, yes, I'd be very upset.

I don't doubt that he'll find an adequate replacement and can't thank him enough for doing so.

One can be happy about the cancellation, maintain their respect for Glenn, and give him total support no matter who headlines, all at the same time.

MetalRose said:
Hey Dream Theater has never played PP!

-Metal
far too expensive is my bet, and i'm honestly sick of them. seen them 8 times live, and lately it's been the same show every time.

Glenn: best of luck in your search, I'm sure whoever you get will kickass.