PP USA VII: Headliners confirmed

Ascension said:
No need to apologize...you stated your opinion...and it was a good one. Nevermore is a decent 40 - 45 min opening band...saw them on Gigantour...very hohum performance. The Dillinger Escape Plan were more thrilling than they were & I considered DEP more of a novelty act. To Nevermore's credit...the lead player is good.
The Evergrey show should be worth seeing with choir & orchestra.
A Friday ticket should be easy to get for $25 a month before the show.

Nevermore closing on Saturday isn't so bad. I'm usually so burnt by then, and now I'll have an excuse to leave early (long drive back to Tampa). I have tried for years to get into Nevermore, and I have liked their music, but without good vocals they're not for me. Evergrey, they get it. They are as heavy as anyone could ask,AND they have great vocals. I can't listen to screetching, growling, untalented shit!::cry:
The great thing about PPUSA is there's always something for everyone. And as long as Evergrey is the Friday night closer.....I'm good!:p

Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night(LOL)

There's a HUGE difference between NOT TALENTED to NOT LIKING something.

And LOTS of people in this forum seem to not realize that, which is a shame.

Yngvai X said:
When was the last time Nevermore did a headlining show in the US? AFAIK, they only did an opener tour for Enemies (with Dimmu, Bodom and Hypocrisy). And so far, just Gigantour and the Opeth tour for TGE.

BTW, that should show the appeal of Nevermore. How awesome is it that these guys can go on tour with death and black metal bands and then headline a progressive/powermetal festival and still have fans excstatic to see them in both settings? I can't think of many bands that are this well received amongst so many different metal crowds.
They headlined the first BWBK fest, I think. I was there, but still I'm not quite sure. It was great because Chris Broderick from Jag Panzer was NEVERMORE's second guitarist for that show.

Harvester said:
Correct. That was intentional on my part to counter what I perceive will happen next year.

Glenn H.

:Spin: Well that's music to my ears. This year doesn't have one of my favorite line-ups, but I was already looking forward to having a great time anyway and hopefully being surprised by a band or two. I really was missing that "traditional" prog metal though, and so this little announcement about next year helps a lot. :) It even makes me look on this year's line up more favorably, weird though that may seem!
:Spin:

4-String Annihilation said:
There will be MOSHING!! You can't stop it! Those two door goons will not touch me. I working out, pumping roids in my ass and will be a hulk by the time PP gets here. LOL!!!!
heh, little boy, work out hard, I'll still take on you silly ass. :tickled: Beware and be for warned those Security Guys at Earthlink are gonna make you feel damn silly! I for one, can't wait for another group hug, that was awesome! :Spin:

Evergrey blew me away at ProgPower IV. Michael Hakansson has been cool to me in the past. The news that Evergrey will be back doesn't really surprise me; but it doesn't disappoint me, either. Seeing Englund sing and play guitar at the same time at PPIV was one of the most emotional performances I have ever seen at a metal show. Hopefully they'll haul out some of that "Nosferatu" action again.

I've never seen Nevermore play before. Guess I'll have to haul out one of my Bauhaus t-shirts for that set.

Ruthven said:
Evergrey blew me away at ProgPower IV. Michael Hakansson has been cool to me in the past. The news that Evergrey will be back doesn't really surprise me; but it doesn't disappoint me, either. Seeing Englund sing and play guitar at the same time at PPIV was one of the most emotional performances I have ever seen at a metal show. Hopefully they'll haul out some of that "Nosferatu" action again.

I've never seen Nevermore play before. Guess I'll have to haul out one of my Bauhaus t-shirts for that set.

oh indeed, throw me a Bauhaus shirt while you're at it...and a DCD shirt too!!!

Nightmare1z said:
I can see metamorphosis's argument - it seems like every single year we see the same thread after all the bands are announced where it seems like every fan has an online orgasm in excitement.

As I stated, some of us ARE genuinely excited. Don't lump everybody's positive reaction in the same way. This is unfortunately, the only "vacation" I take every year. A week of musky fishing in the North woods would be a lot cheaper...I can't afford to do both, so this is where I end up....:Spin:

Nightmare1z said:
Part of me wonders if we'd see the same thread if Glenn chose actual horrible bands.

According to a few of the minority, he already has....

Nightmare1z said:
I imagine there would still be the 'ass kissers' who would say "BEST LINEUP EVER!". And don't think this argument is just metamorphosis's opinion - I've seen it issued on other forums as well. *The fact how this forum is blind fanboys of Glenn and anything he does*

Best line up ever - PP III
I don't think Glenn will be able to recreate that one for a LONG time, if ever.

The comment that this forum is "blind fanboys of Glenn" sounds a little snobbish to me (I realize it isn't YOUR comment...) but I'd like to see it in full before I jump to any conclusions.

Nightmare1z said:
Now don't get me wrong, I love the festival and don't care about people worshipping Glenn cause he has every right to be.

I do as well, and honestly, I don't think Glenn has the ability to create a bad festival. Sure, there have been bands I actually despise, but one band does not a festival make (Unless it's Freak Kitchen! :loco: )

Nightmare1z said:
Just don't call metamorphosis a troll for stating his thoughts on this years lineup. Glenn can take these posts better than the fans, which is sad

I'll rescind my Troll comment, as I've seen other posts since, by him, where his views were stated more clearly, and in much better form.

Nightmare1z said:
Personally, I'd rather have seen a different headliner than Nevermore (they don't fit in with this festival IMO and they just toured here), but I still like them and will be going. Evergrey was expected by probably 95% of the forum as one of the headliners, and with a strings and choir should be an awesome act.

Glenn said the reactions would be different this year, and really they haven't been all that much from the posts on it.

Cliff Notes - Respect his opinion (regardless if its different than yours)!

I was hoping for Primal Fear or Gamma Ray, but Nevermore is just fine by me.
The difference in the way YOU stated this, with the ever important "IMO", makes it a lot easier to digest than a wtf? Nevermore doesn't even BELONG at this fest type of comment. A better presentation would have avoided a lot of the mudslinging, & I respect everyone's opinion here, just not when it's stated in a dick-ish manner, and as fact. It's all good, we're just a big dysfunctional family of loud mouths bitching about the pros & cons of the best festival in North America..... Come September, it'll be ok....:D

J-Dubya

Emerald Sword said:
They headlined the first BWBK fest, I think. I was there, but still I'm not quite sure. It was great because Chris Broderick from Jag Panzer was NEVERMORE's second guitarist for that show.

Yes, they did. I drove to Cleveland *by myself* specifically to see Evergrey and Nevermore... AFAIK, neither had played near here in a long time (Evergrey not at all)... and now I get to see them right in my own backyard. This is EXACTLY why, IMO, ProgPower rules. Those of you who can go see Nevermore anytime you want should be thankful, because that's not the case with lots of people. And to Narcosynthesis68: yes, yes, and yes! :) I can't wait to see you and Zod orgasm when Nevermore hits the stage!! :D :headbang:

lady_space said:
Yes, they did. I drove to Cleveland *by myself* specifically to see Evergrey and Nevermore...

I went just to see Evergrey (although Nevermore was great, too) - PPII was the only time I had seen them previously. And what a freakin' great show that was, too. That was a more *typical* metal show in terms of the numbers of chicks vs. guys... mighta been fifty women at most. Goes to show how unusual PP is in that respect.

Yngvai X said:
When was the last time Nevermore did a headlining show in the US? AFAIK, they only did an opener tour for Enemies (with Dimmu, Bodom and Hypocrisy). And so far, just Gigantour and the Opeth tour for TGE.

They did about half a dozen headline shows in November on their way back to Seattle. One stop was in Denver. And my ass is still trying to recover from the kicking it got that night.

There was mention of a tour this Spring too.

Thanks for the civil reply J Dubya.

I'm actually with you too. PPIII was by far the best and most powerful lineup this festival has gotten from my musical point of view (More into power than prog)

It was my first festival - and to see the bands I thought no one else in the states knew about (Angra, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Edguy) it was one of the best shows of my lifetime.

Everyone else has been special, but not as solid as P3. Again - that's my opinion.

I still think VII is a solid lineup - just none of the 10 are as big of draw for me as those huge 4 were from PIII.

Wheezer said:
They did about half a dozen headline shows in November on their way back to Seattle. One stop was in Denver. And my ass is still trying to recover from the kicking it got that night.

There was mention of a tour this Spring too.

Opened for Savatage back in '01.

Nightmare1z said:
Thanks for the civil reply J Dubya.

I'm actually with you too. PPIII was by far the best and most powerful lineup this festival has gotten from my musical point of view (More into power than prog)

It was my first festival - and to see the bands I thought no one else in the states knew about (Angra, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Edguy) it was one of the best shows of my lifetime.

Everyone else has been special, but not as solid as P3. Again - that's my opinion.

I still think VII is a solid lineup - just none of the 10 are as big of draw for me as those huge 4 were from PIII.

No problem! Any time! we're cool, I just didn't want to come off as being too dick-ish myself, and figured I'd explain my comments a bit better too.

Just one big dysfunctional family who's going to once again have their asses handed to them in September! :D

J-Dubya