ProgPower USA VII: Next Two Bands Confirmed

Pyramaze51 said:
4 Grand for Airfare and Hotel and food and Merchandice and alcohol for two people plus a possible sponsorship is really one hell of a deal. And if there is no sponsorship you throw in the price of either a regular Ticket or a gold badge and its still a great deal. Not counting my airfare(which i got on delta frequent flyer miles) i am already at about $1800 and that is just for 1!!!!! And as everyone keeps saying this is my vacation away from the hectic pace of the everyday world, a time to enjoy and have a good time with good friends.

Airfare~$20
Hotel ~ $420
Food ~ $250
Drinks ~$200
Tickets ~$150
Film ~ $100
Merchandice ~ Unknown
Being a part of PPVII ~ FUCKING PRICELESS

Very well said, my brother-in-metal...very well said!

But...I must take issue with your budget. $20 for airfare? Way to put those Delta points to work for you...we'll probably have enough banked to fly for free NEXT year, but who knows? While we don't spend any on film, I will take issue with your bar tab. Our bar tab tends to run around $150 a night (over the course of 4 nights adds up), but that's between 3 of us...and of course we always tip Deborah very generously for taking such excellent care of us (best bartender ever...although Jacob is cool, just not as pretty).

Anyway...regardless of individual budgets...PRICELESS is the word to describe the whole thing...

I just love the fact that Texas is so well represented at this festival as well...we should get some sort of group rate or something...

Rock on!

ashaman7122 said:
Very well said, my brother-in-metal...very well said!

But...I must take issue with your budget. $20 for airfare? Way to put those Delta points to work for you...we'll probably have enough banked to fly for free NEXT year, but who knows? While we don't spend any on film, I will take issue with your bar tab. Our bar tab tends to run around $150 a night (over the course of 4 nights adds up), but that's between 3 of us...and of course we always tip Deborah very generously for taking such excellent care of us (best bartender ever...although Jacob is cool, just not as pretty).

Anyway...regardless of individual budgets...PRICELESS is the word to describe the whole thing...

I just love the fact that Texas is so well represented at this festival as well...we should get some sort of group rate or something...

Rock on!
ROCK ON BROTHER, we will have to have a big TEXAS MEETING at the pre-party. The recon my alcohol budget is so low is that i don't drink alot, and most of my $$$ for drinks goes to buying them for my friends as a way to say thanks for just being there, plus i am the designated SCOOP AND CARRY for all staying at the RESIDENCE INN this year.:headbang:

lee drummond said:
well according to rockdetector (the source that knows and tells alll about rock/metal music) Katatonia is Doom/Death metal see here.

For my money, Katatonia is more "goth" than any opera-metal band. Actually, so is Nevermore :D

Pellaz said:
Holy shit, where do you eat, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for four days straight?!! :tickled:
I like to eat and try new places, Is that to much to set aside for food?????? i Haven't eaten in Atlanta in many years and as you are from there maybe you could give me some good places to go or if you like we can hit a few. But Ruth Cris hmmmmmmmmm don't think i can do that everyday.

john

Pyramaze51 said:
I like to eat and try new places, Is that to much to set aside for food?????? i Haven't eaten in Atlanta in many years and as you are from there maybe you could give me some good places to go or if you like we can hit a few. But Ruth Cris hmmmmmmmmm don't think i can do that everyday.

john

John,

Try "FOGO DE CHAO".............

http://www.fogodechao.com/

Pyramaze51 said:
WOOOOHOOOOO i am there, love those Brazilian style steak houses, anyone else up for a food fest.:loco:

One of the reasons to be proud of being from Brazil...:p

Too bad it gets boring after you have that too much at home! hahahaha

Pyramaze51 said:
WOOOOHOOOOO i am there, love those Brazilian style steak houses, anyone else up for a food fest.:loco:
Wow that looks GOOD! That place looks expensive though (I'll be blowing a lot of money as it is that weekend). How much does it usually run per person there?

That place kind of reminds me of an Argentinian grill (The Knife), that is all you can eat, that I've been to down here. Except you have to walk up to the grill yourself, as opposed to the chefs coming to you. Their Churrasco & Moricilla rock!

Unca Kev said:
Wow that looks GOOD! That place looks expensive though (I'll be blowing a lot of money as it is that weekend). How much does it usually run per person there?

I ate at the one in Dallas a few years ago and for two of us with a bottle of wine I belive it was a little over $ 100.00.....maybe $ 130.00 or something like that.

WASTEFALL will play!!!??? awesome! :worship:
I've heard they are preparing their third album! I'll get it as soon as it is released! :D

I don't care what to eat, I'll bring chicken noodle soup for four days straight.. as long as I can see these bands.. EPICA!! When will the next bands be announced!!! I can't wait to know!

You'll only spend 4 grand at ProgPower if you want to. There's absolutely no need to "live like a king" for a weekend and spend that much money!

I drove right by Fogo this past weekend, too.

Yummmmmm.

Too expensive, but yummmmmmm.

As a side note, the excellent Oxford Comics store is right down Piedmont Road from Fogo de Chao.

--=--

Gourmet restaurant ideas from ME? Hahahaha.... I tend to eat relatively cheaply when I go out for 'gourmet' food (which means, of course, that it ain't truly gourmet). If you have the cash and the time, Bacchanalia is reportedly an excellent dinner destination, but it's pretty tight reservation-wise. Others.. The Mansion, The Abbey, the Ritz-Carlton's dining room....

AngraRULES said:
About 40-45 each.
Well that's better than what FatesFan said ($100-$130, which works out to $50-$65/person), but still a bit steep for just gettin' meal big enough to tide you over until the last band is over. That does sound good for a special occasion though (like havin' lunch or dinner with one of the bands). And no I'm not saying the PP isn't a special occasion. I look forward to it all year long!

Empress said:
I don't care what to eat, I'll bring chicken noodle soup for four days straight.. as long as I can see these bands.. EPICA!! When will the next bands be announced!!! I can't wait to know!
Well now that he's started announcing them, the next 2 bands could be posted on this coming Monday. Or maybe not...:p