ProgPower USA VII: Next Two Bands Confirmed

nightwish58 said:
...Those 4 bands alone justify the ticket price for me, and imo, the death vocals in Epica are incredible and bring life to the songs.

I can live with the death vocals myself because they are usually only a few lines of a given song. And I noticed in some of the songs they aren't used at all. So I must agree, the four bands announced so far have me pretty excited about this PP show. And over half the bands haven't been announced yet. I'm sure Glen is saving the best for last! whoa, not sure if I can take it. But go ahead Glen - shock me!!!

:hotjump:

I just hope the number three band for Friday night is one that I can take a seat to enjoy. Because I'll be standing the first 2 hours or more throughout Pyramaze and Savage Circus - as close to front row and center as possible! HUZZAH!!!

:kickass:

~Hoyt.

lee drummond said:
I love Symphonic/Goth metal w/ a chick singer, but i can't stand the male death vocals they ruin it all.

Couldn't agree more. All that growling screwing up what would be otherwise awesome eerie harmonics from the women.

Now that doesn't mean I'm not going to listen to Epica...I'll just grin and bear it through all the death/black growling junk till the song gets back to instrumental or the female/mixed harmonies.

I've been real impressed with what I've heard of Pyramaze. I just downloaded the SC songs to give them a listen too.

AMBR said:
Agreed. To me the clean vocals are like violins and the growls are like cellos. Used properly they bring depth, drama and passion to the music.

It just doesn't work that way for me. And I hope that there are some better bands b/c i wont fork over 200$ (the approx. cost of the whole trip) for those bands. I'd love to see Lunatica, Lacuna Coil, and/or Visions of Atlantis.

Well this year is a bit special for me, as I am a sponsor. But to give you an idea, my flight alone last year was ~300. Have to factor in hotel, tickets, food, major amounts of merchandise (I think I bankrolled Zanes flight back...)

metalsped said:
Well this year is a bit special for me, as I am a sponsor. But to give you an idea, my flight alone last year was ~300. Have to factor in hotel, tickets, food, major amounts of merchandise (I think I bankrolled Zanes flight back...)

suck. the hotel that we stayed in last year was only like 4 or 5 blocks from earthlink and cost 60$ per night. plus we only spent one night there. slept the first night in the car(wow that brings back a bad memory 3 sweaty guys in an Acura Integra and I'm 6-4).

metalsped said:
$200? Id LOVE for my trip down to cost that.
What he said. I look at PP weekend as a vacation. The last two years it is the only vacation time I've taken off from work. How much would I spend going on a 'real' vacation?

lee drummond said:
The 'New Nightwish' that's total BS nobody will be as good as Nightwish if anybody is to become the top of the goth metal Totem Pole it will be WT or LC.

I haven't heard any authentic goth metal bands since Katatonia. Maybe 69 Eyes, if you consider them to be metal.

Man...all this talk of $$$...you guys get off easy...this year will probably cost my wife and I about $4,000...but you don't hear us complaining...

Rock on!

MAN.... I am so thankful that I am going to see Epica. I really CANT believe. I was hoping A LOT for them in this year....... I hope I can find a pair of shoulders to climb, I just hope no one gets mad but this is what they do in places. Or maybe I will just stay on the floor and jump up and down because I'm sure with my long hair and on some shoulders people will be mad. :yuk:

:hotjump: :headbang: :D :tickled: :)

GLEN.....:worship:

Empress said:
MAN.... I am so thankful that I am going to see Epica. I really CANT believe. I was hoping A LOT for them in this year....... I hope I can find a pair of shoulders to climb, I just hope no one gets mad but this is what they do in places. Or maybe I will just stay on the floor and jump up and down because I'm sure with my long hair and on some shoulders people will be mad. :yuk:

I'll volunteer a pair of shoulders for you to climb.

ashaman7122 said:
Man...all this talk of $$$...you guys get off easy...this year will probably cost my wife and I about $4,000...but you don't hear us complaining...

Rock on!
I'm right there with you, dude, though I prefer not to know the actual figure. :err:

Four fuckin grand? What the hell??? You sponsoring TWO bands or something? No seriously... what really is gonna account for all that? I'm driving down, and I can only see this trip running me a grand maximum, and that's if I somehow dump half that just on CD's and collectible stuff. Come on, fill me in here cuz I feel like a n00b not knowing what you're going to have to invest in just to make the fest this year.

Bryan316 said:
Four fuckin grand? What the hell??? You sponsoring TWO bands or something? No seriously... what really is gonna account for all that? I'm driving down, and I can only see this trip running me a grand maximum, and that's if I somehow dump half that just on CD's and collectible stuff. Come on, fill me in here cuz I feel like a n00b not knowing what you're going to have to invest in just to make the fest this year.

Granted, I'm rolling sponsorship into the mix, but there's airfare for two (and we always take the direct Corpus-to-Atlanta flight, so there's no real bargain-hunting there. Then, even though Rakosh lives in Marietta, we usually get a hotel for 3 or 4 nights just to be part of the scene. A little eating, a lot of drinking, and some musical-related purchases...and that about covers it...

Sigh...it's hard work being obsessive metalheads, but we make it work for us.

Rock on!

4 Grand for Airfare and Hotel and food and Merchandice and alcohol for two people plus a possible sponsorship is really one hell of a deal. And if there is no sponsorship you throw in the price of either a regular Ticket or a gold badge and its still a great deal. Not counting my airfare(which i got on delta frequent flyer miles) i am already at about $1800 and that is just for 1!!!!! And as everyone keeps saying this is my vacation away from the hectic pace of the everyday world, a time to enjoy and have a good time with good friends.

Airfare~$20
Hotel ~ $420
Food ~ $250
Drinks ~$200
Tickets ~$150
Film ~ $100
Merchandice ~ Unknown
Being a part of PPVII ~ FUCKING PRICELESS