New Bands Announced For Chi-Town Powerfest

Personally I cannot stand it when people crowd surf or mosh - I think it's really disrespectful to the artists ... it sorta reminds me of the people who go to weddings just to get drunk ... whatever happened to paying attention to the music and the band??? Sheesh!

Personally I cannot stand it when people crowd surf or mosh - I think it's really disrespectful to the artists ... it sorta reminds me of the people who go to weddings just to get drunk ... whatever happened to paying attention to the music and the band??? Sheesh!

The man has spoken.

The fact that you did it in the FIRST place means there is something wrong with you. There is this old saying... something about age, IQ, and shoesize... maybe you've heard it.

Maybe I should have not been so blunt. In person, you would be able to see my sarcasm before you get the boot in the face and see my shoe size...I would gladly take an IQ test a long side yourself. That may be arranged.:heh:

nothing is more fun though sometimes as a crazy ass show. I hate this new trend where people are just running into each other or doing karate and stuff...I remember back seeing DRI and Nuclear Assault...there was intense pits but it wasnt violent. Up front was intense too. Everyone was going nuts and everyone was looking out for each other. Even going to lots of old punk shows back in the day there was lots of people always looking out and kind of self policing things. It never got out of hand. There are times though when I just want to watch the show but it also gets dull when everyone just stands there too. Some bands you need some movement. Sure Prog and stuff it doesnt work but if it is heavy stuff...it is kind of a reverse effect.

Maybe I should have not been so blunt. In person, you would be able to see my sarcasm before you get the boot in the face and see my shoe size...I would gladly take an IQ test a long side yourself. That may be arranged.:heh:

I'll take you up on that offer. Boot to the face or IQ test, I don't like stupid people and you seem like a prime fucking example.

nothing is more fun though sometimes as a crazy ass show. I hate this new trend where people are just running into each other or doing karate and stuff...I remember back seeing DRI and Nuclear Assault...there was intense pits but it wasnt violent. Up front was intense too. Everyone was going nuts and everyone was looking out for each other. Even going to lots of old punk shows back in the day there was lots of people always looking out and kind of self policing things. It never got out of hand. There are times though when I just want to watch the show but it also gets dull when everyone just stands there too. Some bands you need some movement. Sure Prog and stuff it doesnt work but if it is heavy stuff...it is kind of a reverse effect.

I also think a lot of the younger guys have no clue what a violent metal show is. Sure, it's annoying as HELL to see spin kicking, and other spazz-emo-core, whatever you call it dancing.

Though ever see Slayer in the 80s?
Complete bloodbath!

I also think a lot of the younger guys have no clue what a violent metal show is. Sure, it's annoying as HELL to see spin kicking, and other spazz-emo-core, whatever you call it dancing.

Though ever see Slayer in the 80s?
Complete bloodbath!

Yeah I saw Pantera/Slayer in 2001 and the pits opened up huge and brutal. The difference to me is that you arent fighting someone invisible in a Pantera/Slayer pit because if you even stopped moving in the circle then you fell. Someone will help you up, but not before 10 people step on you and 5 people fall on you not on purpose. Keep up or get out..... I had to get out once I got the bloody nose :erk:

I'm actually, not taking it seriously at all. The guy is a forum troll, always has been. I just felt like feeding the troll.

I have never thought of him as a troll. It's true that he doesn't necessarily share the love for all things power/prog, but he also doesn't make personal attacks upon people the way you attacked him. If anything, he brings a sense of realism to the board, and reminds people that the bands discussed on this board are not the be-all to end-all of the metal scene.

Just because someone is more of an extreme metal fan than a melodic metal fan doesn't make that person a troll.

I'm just sayin'...