New Bands Announced For Chi-Town Powerfest

haha... I find it extremely amusing that a tiny, pretty girl has the most abusively standoffish profile on all of Ultimate Metal. :lol: I would NEVER fuck with you!

HA HA!!! :heh:

Thank you very much for the compliments. :kickass:

What female on the forums has booB NOT hit on? :lol:

bwahahahaha... that's not my intention, really... I guess I just don't get enough female attention in my daily life. :lol:

I suppose I have to do it on the internets, because I have no testicular fortitude when I'm face to face with people.

They used to actually go by Personal War but changed it to z spelling sometime later.. they kick much ass...

Bear

I was just about to post the same message. I'm pretty sure they were forced to change it due to copyright reasons. They indeed do kick ass. Kind of a cross between Nevermore and Brainstorm, with a James Hetfield clone on vocals. If there's a fan of those bands, or of Thrash Metal in general that doesn't like the song "Devil In My Neck" from the Faces cd, i'd be shocked.

Here's a video from them, one of their more mello radio friendly type songs

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHmGtSojDSw&feature=related[/ame]

Yep, them and Sacred Dawn are quickly becoming leaders in the scene.

I still have yet to see either live.
Hey Jasonic,

you should really come and see them play LIVE this weekend! They are playing at JJ Kelleys in Lansing on Friday, they will be going on either 2nd or 3rd out of three bands.....and then they are playing The Metro on Saturday, going on around 1130 p.m.~!

They are kick ass live, so you don't have plans, come on out!

Hey Jasonic,

you should really come and see them play LIVE this weekend! They are playing at JJ Kelleys in Lansing on Friday, they will be going on either 2nd or 3rd out of three bands.....and then they are playing The Metro on Saturday, going on around 1130 p.m.~!

They are kick ass live, so you don't have plans, come on out!

this isnt Jen is it????

you can catch Sacred Dawn any weekend here in the chicago area. You can always count on a few things here in Chicago....cold weather, slow El trains and a Sacred Dawn show each weekend.

Losing much interest every moment with Perzonal War.

That Metro show looks cool.
I used to love THE PLAGUE back in the day.
Seen them at Medusa's a few times.

Not sure what's up for this weekend.
I will keep it in mind.
Hate to sound like a party pooper, but with kidz and all, I am pretty limited on going to shows each year in general, so I have gotten fairly selective

this isnt Jen is it????

you can catch Sacred Dawn any weekend here in the chicago area. You can always count on a few things here in Chicago....cold weather, slow El trains and a Sacred Dawn show each weekend.

Losing much interest every moment with Perzonal War.

Sorry Bob, but that's a ton of crap.
The last time they played Chicago was over two months ago.
Over the past year, they may have played one show a month on average.
You made it sound like they are just some typical crap cover band that plays out twice in one weekend.

Sorry Bob, but that's a ton of crap.
The last time they played Chicago was over two months ago.
Over the past year, they may have played one show a month on average.
You made it sound like they are just some typical crap cover band that plays out twice in one weekend.

I wasnt slamming them, I do like them as a band and would rather see them play any show more than most other locals. It seems every other day I get myspace notifications of the next show...seems that it is every week a new one comes up. They are far from a crappy cover band....but they do play lots of shows. which isnt a bad thing.

Ha Ha! It's alright Bob!

They may play a "lot" of shows, but keep in mind that over half of those are out of town...as far away from Chicago as Florida so far.
As for as the promo goes, promoting the crap out of yourselves is a lot better than all these bands that never advertise or promote anything, then wonder why no one comes to their shows.

Btw....looking forward to seeing you again at Powerfest.
It's only been a year!

Ha Ha! It's alright Bob!

They may play a "lot" of shows, but keep in mind that over half of those are out of town...as far away from Chicago as Florida so far.
As for as the promo goes, promoting the crap out of yourselves is a lot better than all these bands that never advertise or promote anything, then wonder why no one comes to their shows.

Btw....looking forward to seeing you again at Powerfest.
It's only been a year!

No, I agree....Jason and I have always cracked on people who dont promote thier bands or shows. Why even do it then. Sacred Dawn have gotten to where they are with lots of great promotion and being a quality act. They flyer and promote each show like crazy. it is the only way to get the word out. you just can post it one a forum and expect people to just show up. If they keep it up I can definetly see them getting larger and larger.

Only a year? damn, You will see me at Powerfest. If I am not lynched by then. Dont worry...I still look the same...and even act the same.