New Bands Announced For Chi-Town Powerfest

Yeah, the OPETH / ENSLAVED tour could help or hurt them.
In one regard, it might draw in out of towners who can take a long weekend.
I think for locals though, there is a lot of competition that week, with Tarja, Opeth, Templars of Doom, Queensryche (right?), etc, etc.

It is really going to be hard to pull in any big names this late in the game. Hopefully they can pull something off good. Like stated earlier on in this thread....with so many acts touring and booking thier summer fest in Europe...the pickings gets slim. I am already down for Pagan fest 2. Now it is the waiting game.

Actually, according to Rob and Chris, they've had more luck talking to big name bands later in the game, as opposed to earlier. I don't know how true that really is (considering they've only had "huge" headliners at one of their fests so far), but it worked for them last year, so I guess we'll see.

I will be there, regardless.

Actually, according to Rob and Chris, they've had more luck talking to big name bands later in the game, as opposed to earlier. I don't know how true that really is (considering they've only had "huge" headliners at one of their fests so far), but it worked for them last year, so I guess we'll see.

Need a roomie? :loco:

I can see how this is true. I guess a larger act wouldnt want to confirm a year ahead of time. With different offers and stuff coming through...there may be something more fruitful for them. I guess waiting till the date gets closer may be easier to get some bands who have nothing happening at that time.

Anyone here want to start playing the guessing game / wishlist for the remaining slots?

Here are mine:
MANILLA ROAD
SOLITUDE AETURNUS (Return headline performance!)
CAGE
JAG PANZER
NEVERMORE (wouldn't excite me too much, but it's been a while since they last played shows)
TWISTED TOWER DIRE
SAINT VITUS (they got Wino to do some more gigs)
WOLF (new album out soon!)
TROUBLE (Because I love pissing off Diabolik!)

Rob let a few clues slip today on the Powerfest forum.

1) Announcement coming tomorrow
2) Zod NOT expected to be happy with the announcement
3) The remaining 4 slots are regularly touring US bands.

I seriously have no clue.
Regularly touring US bands for the most part are your run of the mill death metal bands or metalcore bands.
I hope I am wrong!

Rob let a few clues slip today on the Powerfest forum.

1) Announcement coming tomorrow
2) Zod NOT expected to be happy with the announcement
3) The remaining 4 slots are regularly touring US bands.

I seriously have no clue.

On the contrary, you might have been onto something with your Nevermore guess! Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a high-profile 'core band like Killswitch Engage or Avenged Sevenfold, or a somewhat high-profile death metal band like Nile or Cephalic Carnage. Obituary perhaps?

I have a feeling it will be Warbringer, Overkill, and Maybe Exodus...then some crap metalcore act. Hopefully I am wrong but Warbringer and Overkill would be very cool.

wishes....

Twisted Tower Dire, Brocas Helm, Cage, heathen, Forbidden, Defiance, Powermad...but he said they are all touring bands...so this eliminates most.

I hope it is not Warbringer or Exodus since I am seeing both of them in March. Surely they wouldnt come back to Chicago after just beeing there since I assume the Kreator/Exodus tour is coming to Chi-town, which I thought was in May.

Overkill I dont know if you consider them regularly touring band. Last time I recal them doing a nation wide it was several years ago.

I have no idea as far as headliners.

EDIT: After examining the upcoming releases listed on Metal Storm I came up with these possibilities:

Morbid Angel - god I hope not, but they arent regularly touring
Pestilence - they have been touring since reforming or at least I think
Anthrax
Chimaira
Down

I hope it is not Warbringer or Exodus since I am seeing both of them in March. Surely they wouldnt come back to Chicago after just beeing there since I assume the Kreator/Exodus tour is coming to Chi-town, which I thought was in May.

Overkill I dont know if you consider them regularly touring band. Last time I recal them doing a nation wide it was several years ago.

I have no idea as far as headliners.

EDIT: After examining the upcoming releases listed on Metal Storm I came up with these possibilities:

Morbid Angel - god I hope not, but they arent regularly touring
Pestilence - they have been touring since reforming or at least I think
Anthrax
Chimaira
Down

Pestilence isnt from the states. So that eliminates them. I agree....Warbringer and Exodus would be very lackluster but Warbringer put on a real fun show. I cant say the same for Exodus. I dislike the new singer and I have seen Exodus twice now and both times they left me bored. Overkill toured last fall with After Forever. The Kreator / Exodus tour is hitting the city.

I have at least high hopes for Overkill. After decades....I still havent seen them live yet.

Tomorrow we will see I guess. I just hope we dont get a bunch of metalcore or generic death metal.