New Bands Announced For Chi-Town Powerfest

well...I know it isnt going to be Exodus or Warbringer...they are still on tour. I have a gut feeling that it will be Overkill one night and Symphony X or Jag Panzer the other.

I would love to see them even pick Avenger of Blood, Merciless Death, Cresant Sheild or some one of that caliber.

well...I know it isnt going to be Exodus or Warbringer...they are still on tour. I have a gut feeling that it will be Overkill one night and Symphony X or Jag Panzer the other.

I would love to see them even pick Avenger of Blood, Merciless Death, Cresant Sheild or some one of that caliber.

I could see AoB playing.

2) Zod NOT expected to be happy with the announcement
To be fair, I'm rarely happy. :loco:

He did clarify this a bit, as he thought I was looking for something of a "novelty" act (as in an act that has never been to the states), which I explained I wasn't.

3) The remaining 4 slots are regularly touring US bands.
I'm guessing three of the following four bands will play CPF:

Overkill
Symphony X
Jag Panzer
Into Eternity - although they're from Canada, they've probably established dual-citizenship by now, as part of their evil plan to play every show, for the remainder of time. To that end, it's always safe to assume that Into Eternity will be performing... regardless of where you go. I saw them open for a mariachi band last week when we were vacationing in Mexico. Two weeks before that, they were playing a friend's daughter's Bat Mitvah. And just yesterday, they were in my living room, doing a three song acoustic set, as I drank my morning coffee. The odds of them not playing this festival are so infinitesimal, it's hardly worth considering.

Regularly touring US bands for the most part are your run of the mill death metal bands or metalcore bands. I hope I am wrong!
I can't see them billing this festival around someone like a Trivium or a Bullet for my Valentine. And a band like Lamb of God, is too big. There may be some lesser band, that straddles the fence between Metal and Metalcore, that they'll stick on the bill to have some cross over appeal, but I don't see bands like that dominating the remainder of the line up. If they did that, they would risk alienating their core audience.

Zod

Are they? Last year they had Testament.
Are Lamb of God bigger than Testament? I would think so. When I saw LoG co-headline Gigantour with Megadeth, it seemed there were more people there for LoG than there were for Megadeth. They certainly had a much bigger crowd reaction. They just got done opening for Metallica and are set to headline a tour package that includes As I Lay Dying and Children of Bodom (both whom I would guess are also bigger than Testament). The venue they're playing in NJ holds 3,600, and that's after they've played NYC and Philly, which are both less than an hour drive from the NJ venue.

Zod

Soil and Devil Driver. That's what we've been waiting for. Hmmm..not for me. They apparently still have one more big headliner.

that is a super crappy pick. Wow. At least I wont have to take off work on Friday now. So that is good. Still excited about Pagan Fest 2 and the possiblity of a decent band on saturday. I dont think anyone saw this one coming.

Extremely weak !! Friday has now been pretty much blown out of the water. It looks like I will be leaving Mokena on Friday morning sometime .. headed for St. Louis, and 30 minutes of Volbeat later that evening. If the Powerfest lineup is better on Saturday I may return, but given the annoucement today my confidence is not high.

Britt

Extremely weak !! Friday has now been pretty much blown out of the water. It looks like I will be leaving Mokena on Friday morning sometime .. headed for St. Louis, and 30 minutes of Volbeat later that evening. If the Powerfest lineup is better on Saturday I may return, but given the annoucement today my confidence is not high.

Britt

Oh no way damnit!! I thought that Nightwish was after Powerfest weekend.

See, and then some people wonder why I get disappointed every time they announce the headliners.

I don't think this will be the year I'll attend CPF.