NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL....only weeks away!!!

LOCALX

Apr 15, 2004
"WE THREE KINGS"........HATEBREED (king of hardcore), DANZIG (king of the best punk band ever, MISFITS), and KING DIAMOND ( the king himself). Alone are worth the trip. DANZIG featuring DOYLE putting on a 30 min. misfit set is great. wasnt a big fan of punk, but the MISFITS come on!!! Just to think a whole 2 hours of KING DIAMOND makes me happily insane!!!! :hotjump:

Meh.....I like the Maryland Deathfest lineup a lot better. Although I can't go to either since they're rather far away.

I'm only going to see Sonata Arctica. I hope they play a decent length set though. Getting a little worried about that.

I'll see Sonata with Overkill this week. All of the bands that I'd really wanna see in this fest are playing (or have played) pretty near me (even though the fest ain't that far away)... I'm not going this year..

the lineup SUCKS SUCK SUCKS SUCKS, Except for the cool SYL signing session and Sonata Arctica live :) I'm definitely going on Day 2 and maybe on Day 3, but I'm too much into Melodic Death Metal these days so...

"the lineup SUCKS SUCK SUCKS SUCKS"

Very much so. Im still pissed off that the promoters deleted the Evergrey set last year, yet found the time to squeeze a few really crappy hardcore bands in. F* that festival.

metalsped said:
"the lineup SUCKS SUCK SUCKS SUCKS"

Very much so. Im still pissed off that the promoters deleted the Evergrey set last year, yet found the time to squeeze a few really crappy hardcore bands in. F* that festival.

Agreed... that was pathetic to say the least!

I ran into Tom Englund at the second stage bar. He said it was all the promoter. They drove 6 hours for nothing! If memory serves, they drove all the way up from PA or somewhere for this one particular show, then were due to trek back down south for the next night. It was a less than perfect meeting, since he was rather pissed off. The only bands that interested me at all this year were Nightwish and Sonata. I am sure as hell not paying $35 to show up for one band on the second day now.

I don't really see it. Basically it's the same in terms of ratios as Sounds of the Underground. It has like 2.5 times the bands, so it has 2.5 times the good bands, and 2.5 times the crappy bands. So you end of with a bunch of -core crap, a few mediocre metal bands, and a few great bands. Cryptopsy is also at Maryland Deathfest, and that wins anyway just because they have Wormed there, who wouldn't be here any other way. Then you've got Pig Destroyer, Aborted, Impaled (and Ghoul), etc. The fact that it's death metal and not metal and hardcore (which means lots of -core), generally means it will be better anyway. Unless you like -core, of course.

Oh, and wouldn't Nightwish's tour cancellation cancel this festival date as well or something?

Yeah... Let's hope that next year they bring us some better bands...

"The heavy metal fest choice in the United States" Do you guys remember this slogan?

Fuck that! I'm sorry to disappoint you New England Metal and Hardcore Fest... You're nothing compared to ProgPower!

I think my major gripe is that it is now a goddamn hardcore festival. The promoters are idiots. Hardcore and metal kids dont mix. The hardcore guys like to flail around like idiots, and the metal kids are there to enjoy the music, and maybe some slight moshing. Its an oil and vinegar mixture. Split it up! Have a hardcore day, and a metal day. Oh, also not everyone likes death metal and metalcore. Give me some straight up hard rock and metal. I thought it was real cool that they got Iced Earth and CoB last year (leaving out Evergrey for obvious reasons). They are kind of in the middle of the metal spectrum in my mind. I dont know, maybe Im just a bitter yankee prick.