NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL....only weeks away!!!

You're not just a Yankee Prick... While I do see some good things in Hardcore (not many though), you're absolutely right about the crowd differences... Hardcore kids are PLAIN FUCKING STUPID in my opinion.. They go to the shows to act like retards and mosh the entire time... And it's pretty sad that some of them are now turning themselves towards our stuff (though it's cool to see the bands getting more fans) and act like morons at our metal shows while we're trying to enjoy the music...

If you wanna bounce around hitting everything aound ya... Jump into a giant dough beater (like the ones found in bakeries) and have fun! ... Morons... or... should I say... "CORons" lol

metalsped said:
I think my major gripe is that it is now a goddamn hardcore festival. The promoters are idiots. Hardcore and metal kids dont mix. The hardcore guys like to flail around like idiots, and the metal kids are there to enjoy the music, and maybe some slight moshing. Its an oil and vinegar mixture. Split it up! Have a hardcore day, and a metal day. Oh, also not everyone likes death metal and metalcore. Give me some straight up hard rock and metal. I thought it was real cool that they got Iced Earth and CoB last year (leaving out Evergrey for obvious reasons). They are kind of in the middle of the metal spectrum in my mind. I dont know, maybe Im just a bitter yankee prick.

That is very true, but some of the bands they've incorporated that are metal are mostly crap and getting way too overrated and fashionable. I'd prefer them putting in a day for Melodic Metal, just because I can't travel down to Atlanta every year.

AngraRULES said:
You're not just a Yankee Prick... While I do see some good things in Hardcore (not many though), you're absolutely right about the crowd differences... Hardcore kids are PLAIN FUCKING STUPID in my opinion.. They go to the shows to act like retards and mosh the entire time... And it's pretty sad that some of them are now turning themselves towards our stuff (though it's cool to see the bands getting more fans) and act like morons at our metal shows while we're trying to enjoy the music...

If you wanna bounce around hitting everything aound ya... Jump into a giant dough beater (like the ones found in bakeries) and have fun! ... Morons... or... should I say... "CORons" lol

The first kind of person likes to get there aggression out without going out and killing someone, and the second person likes to just stand in one place drink a beer and enjoy the show....This is in all kinds of metal, not just hardcore!! you stand, i swing....so stay in the back of the club and enjoy the show, ill enjoy it up front in the pit!!!!

If you have to jump around and "get aggression out" to enjoy music, it's not very good music. And music like this shouldn't be put with music that's there to be listened to.

I'm not saying that moshing is bad, but if you can't enjoy the music just listening to it, it's not very good music, and not really made for the purpose of art.

So basically that's why I don't like seeing most of this hardcore paired with bands that actually have a lot of musical value. It's happening more and more, since it's the new entertainment fad. Prime examples are the Cryptospy tour and the SYL tour.

Barking Pumpkin said:
If you have to jump around and "get aggression out" to enjoy music, it's not very good music. And music like this shouldn't be put with music that's there to be listened to.

I'm not saying that moshing is bad, but if you can't enjoy the music just listening to it, it's not very good music, and not really made for the purpose of art.

So basically that's why I don't like seeing most of this hardcore paired with bands that actually have a lot of musical value. It's happening more and more, since it's the new entertainment fad. Prime examples are the Cryptospy tour and the SYL tour.

I agree. Its true.. Moshing is kinda good to get your anger out, especially when you are at a stupid fashioncore/hardcore part of the show. I like to beat up HXc kids cause I'm a Ytse Jammer and I'll stick it up their faces muhahahahahaha.

AngraRULES said:
They go to the shows to act like retards and mosh the entire time... And it's pretty sad that some of them are now turning themselves towards our stuff (though it's cool to see the bands getting more fans) and act like morons at our metal shows while we're trying to enjoy the music...

Have to agree there. Ever since the first Nightwish show at LaMours in Brooklyn, the shows have progressively gotten worse due to having too much to concentrate on defending yourself from the moshers/crowd surfers/and just outright morons who seem to think they have to prove something by throwing a punch somewhere at sometime. At Lamours I was able to enjoy my spot in the front row directly in front of Tarja with absolutely no shoving. The last show I attended was the 2nd night in Montreal where the crowd was worse than some punk shows I've been to in terms of crowdsurfing. Plus they were jumping....... who jumps at a metal show? You couldn't headbang at all as you'd get shoved into someone's back the second you let your guard down.

And hell, why should those who go simply to enjoy the music be forced to stand in the back? It's the moshers who aren't even looking at the stage who should go to the back.

Yea, precisely. I hate moshers that do windmills and such, it is so NOT cool, cause Metal guys get pissed and in the end, they get their ASSES kicked.

By the way, is anyways going to Day 2 for the Strapping Young Lad signing?

Jibrille said:
Have to agree there. Ever since the first Nightwish show at LaMours in Brooklyn, the shows have progressively gotten worse due to having too much to concentrate on defending yourself from the moshers/crowd surfers/and just outright morons who seem to think they have to prove something by throwing a punch somewhere at sometime. At Lamours I was able to enjoy my spot in the front row directly in front of Tarja with absolutely no shoving. The last show I attended was the 2nd night in Montreal where the crowd was worse than some punk shows I've been to in terms of crowdsurfing. Plus they were jumping....... who jumps at a metal show? You couldn't headbang at all as you'd get shoved into someone's back the second you let your guard down.

And hell, why should those who go simply to enjoy the music be forced to stand in the back? It's the moshers who aren't even looking at the stage who should go to the back.
be at the show... They should simply be thrown out of the place... No arguments.

Regarding jumping at metal shows... Most of the latin American countries' crowds DO jump during the concerts. They do only in the fastest and heaviest songs and ALWAYS...ALWAYS in a vertical coherent movement... UP and DOWN... UP and DOWN... Not "throwing" themselves into each other on a totally horizontal way like the gay ass hardcore kids... Who do they think they are? E. Honda from Street Fighter doing the "Sumo Torpedoes"? Give me a god damn break! LOL

100% agreed with the part that moshers should go to the back. In my opinion moshers shouldn't even

AngraRULES said:
Not "throwing" themselves into each other on a totally horizontal way like the gay ass hardcore kids... Who do they think they are? E. Honda from Street Fighter doing the "Sumo Torpedoes"? Give me a god damn break! LOL

100% agreed with the part that moshers should go to the back. In my opinion moshers shouldn't even

Most Hardcore kids make my ass laugh. They do Pseudo- Kung Fu fighting and Do a bit of masturbation too. They need to pull those pants up before their wenie falls off :tickled:

Jus' Kiddin'

LOL that was hilarious...

oh well... let them enjoy their moshing while we'll enjoy the best concert in the United Fucking States... ProgPower, here we come!

YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF LITTLE SCARED BITCHES!!It's nobody's fault but your own if you dont understand moshing....diff. places i have gone did have the gay pushing that i cant stand, but moshing in the circle? if you dont like it dont go into the mosh pit, simple as that. and for crown surfing...dont stand up front....alot of bands encourge this activity....YOUR AT A METAL SHOW FOR CHRIST SAKE......IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, STAY HOME ANE WATCH A DVD, BLASTING ON YOUR SURROUND SOUND!!!!! :yell:

Crowd surfing used to be more prevelant at those pop poser metal shows and pop rock and of course ALL the emo punk kids do it.. Unfortunately it's started to cross over to real metal shows.

Every once in a while, I've seen venues put up a second barricade a few feet (maybe 20?) behind the stage barricade, the intention being for the mosh-pit to be behind the second set of barricades, and between the stage and the first barricade, the audience can enjoy the show without fear of being squashed (too much) or smacked into.

LOCALX, mosh-pitting is fine, for those who want to be in the pit. I have no problem with kids who want to mosh -- although after an unfortunate incident many years ago at the Wreck Room here involving a skinhead's knee and unmentionable parts of my body I don't choose to participate anymore....but people who want to watch the show -- y'know, maybe even watch how those talented musicians on stage do what they do -- should be able to watch the stage without having to watch behind them for incoming bodies.

I think this is why Glenn has banned moshing at ProgPower and if it still doesn't make sense to you, nothing ever will.

Pellaz said:
Every once in a while, I've seen venues put up a second barricade a few feet (maybe 20?) behind the stage barricade, the intention being for the mosh-pit to be behind the second set of barricades, and between the stage and the first barricade, the audience can enjoy the show without fear of being squashed (too much) or smacked into.

LOCALX, mosh-pitting is fine, for those who want to be in the pit. I have no problem with kids who want to mosh -- although after an unfortunate incident many years ago at the Wreck Room here involving a skinhead's knee and unmentionable parts of my body I don't choose to participate anymore....but people who want to watch the show -- y'know, maybe even watch how those talented musicians on stage do what they do -- should be able to watch the stage without having to watch behind them for incoming bodies.

I think this is why Glenn has banned moshing at ProgPower and if it still doesn't make sense to you, nothing ever will.

Thank you for your comment.....I also dont mosh as much as i used to, just the fact of possibly getting hurt for no reason. I will get into the pit for a song or two, just to get all my aggression out that had been building for weeks.....whoever said that if you have to get aggression out through a bands music, then the band sucks? what kind of comment is that? I grew up in the hardcore scene, before metalcore....I dont understand why metalcore gets a bad name. IT'S just 2 diff. styles of music put together....not like thats never happened before? :Spin: thats just plain dumb!!! I can understand why people might not like it, but this style of music is life for some people....

CAN'T WAIT FOR PROG POWER AND ENJOY THE SHOW!!!!! :hotjump:

I'll never forget... About two years ago I went to see my friend's band playing at this shitty local club over here in Connecticut... It was emo/punk but I went just because it was my friend playing and all... So anyway... Halfway through the set, this asshole gets on the stage and looks like he's gonna jump... A little to the right side of the stage there was a couple together... Drinking a soda, watching the show (they were not emo/punk kids but were just standing there listening to the music and watching the band).. The club was quite empty so they were pretty much "isolated" from the rest of the crowd... THIS ASSHOLE... whose face I still remember and I would seriously spit on his face if I were to see him again did the "Sumo Torpedo" by E Honda (Street Fighter, anyone?) aiming directly at the couple... knocking them out, breaking one of the guy's tooth and hurting the girl pretty seriously... He stands up, looks below him, laughs and tries to get up onstage again... Then he finally gets kicked out of the place...

Now tell me, whoever favors emo/punk/hardcore kids and their behavior... Would you like to have that happening to you? Is that the kind of behavior you wanna see at a music concert?

AngraRULES said:
I'll never forget... About two years ago I went to see my friend's band playing at this shitty local club over here in Connecticut... It was emo/punk but I went just because it was my friend playing and all... So anyway... Halfway through the set, this asshole gets on the stage and looks like he's gonna jump... A little to the right side of the stage there was a couple together... Drinking a soda, watching the show (they were not emo/punk kids but were just standing there listening to the music and watching the band).. The club was quite empty so they were pretty much "isolated" from the rest of the crowd... THIS ASSHOLE... whose face I still remember and I would seriously spit on his face if I were to see him again did the "Sumo Torpedo" by E Honda (Street Fighter, anyone?) aiming directly at the couple... knocking them out, breaking one of the guy's tooth and hurting the girl pretty seriously... He stands up, looks below him, laughs and tries to get up onstage again... Then he finally gets kicked out of the place...

Now tell me, whoever favors emo/punk/hardcore kids and their behavior... Would you like to have that happening to you? Is that the kind of behavior you wanna see at a music concert?

So now your putting a label on people because of one incident? Thats just plain wrong....thats like saying that the dime bag incident wasnt a freak thing that just happened......why dont you just shut up!!

No, dude... I'm not saying that it happens in every fucking cocnert... but it happens more at hardcore shows than at Prog/Power metal shows... even Death ones... I wont say that it never happened at a metal show... I dont think it does that often...

And answering your request... I will not shut up.