New Nightwish Singer Announcement!

It IS a great April Fool's joke--It is still April, after all and a thread put up on the 1st would have been sniffed out before you even read the OP.

Now if I can just stop the pain in my arm from patting myself on the back.

And Kev, I DID factor in the rockstar hours issue--it will be, what, 7pm over there when it is 11 here? Don't most rock stars get up about then?

Maybe we can start speculating who the person might be as well, to see who is right.

I was thinking that Cher looked quite at home in that photo (ha ha).

Maybe they can do a metal version of Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves

ROTFL

Maybe we can start speculating who the person might be as well, to see who is right.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, as to who it is. There has been so many rumors, i mean we heard Simone Simmons, The Tristania singer, Jenn Sowlee, and so many more. I still stick by my original presumption that it is NICOLE BOGNER, but again i do believe deep down that is some rather obscure, relatively unknown person, or it is a very high profile known person that will have everyone saying WTF.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, as to who it is. There has been so many rumors, i mean we heard Simone Simmons, The Tristania singer, Jenn Sowlee, and so many more. I still stick by my original presumption that it is NICOLE BOGNER, but again i do believe deep down that is some rather obscure, relatively unknown person, or it is a very high profile known person that will have everyone saying WTF.

You mean THIS Nicole Bogner?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWigDQ6EXt8

Yeppers!!! That is the one, as she and NIGHTWISH go along way back, in fact when she sang for VoA they supported NIGHTWISH on lots of shows, and Tuomas did say in an interview once that if Tarja ever left Nicole would be the perfect replacement. Emppu has written some songs for them and and arranged some other songs for them so they are not total strangers. Plus the timing of her leaving VoA and the firing of Tarja was, welll kinda suspicious. But that is my choice and I am sticking with it.

Yeppers!!! That is the one, as she and NIGHTWISH go along way back, in fact when she sang for VoA they supported NIGHTWISH on lots of shows, and Tuomas did say in an interview once that if Tarja ever left Nicole would be the perfect replacement. Emppu has written some songs for them and and arranged some other songs for them so they are not total strangers. Plus the timing of her leaving VoA and the firing of Tarja was, welll kinda suspicious. But that is my choice and I am sticking with it.

I am concerned about her projection and range--but based on one song it is hard to tell.

What VoA album would you recommend?

I think you may be right, as Visions of Atlantis have a new blond singer from 2005 and on. The new album is called Trinity..http://www.visionsofatlantis.com/. On another note I think the new singer Melissa sounds really great.

She IS better looking than Tarja, I will give her that...still haven't found anything else from youtube of her...

I think you may be right, as Visions of Atlantis have a new blond singer from 2005 and on. The new album is called Trinity..http://www.visionsofatlantis.com/. On another note I think the new singer Melissa sounds really great.

Yeah Nicole left VoA on Oct 10 2005, Tarja was fired on Oct 22 2005, hmmmmmm, then Nicole completely disappeared off the radar, Then the open auditions started,. Tuomas once said that a singer came to their summer camp and sung a song that made him cry it was so good. When she was with VoA Nicole and the band did once go to Tuomas summer retreat with Nightwish.

Now here is something else that is going around in The Netherlands. We have had some Dutch Air Force guys here for the past two weeks, and a couple of them are real big WITHIN TEMPTATION fans, and one of them told me that Sharon had left the band and was singing for another Band in Finland. Truth or Rumor???? We shall see.

Yeah Nicole left VoA on Oct 10 2005, Tarja was fired on Oct 22 2005, hmmmmmm, then Nicole completely disappeared off the radar, Then the open auditions started,. Tuomas once said that a singer came to their summer camp and sung a song that made him cry it was so good. When she was with VoA Nicole and the band did once go to Tuomas summer retreat with Nightwish.

Now here is something else that is going around in The Netherlands. We have had some Dutch Air Force guys here for the past two weeks, and a couple of them are real big WITHIN TEMPTATION fans, and one of them told me that Sharon had left the band and was singing for another Band in Finland. Truth or Rumor???? We shall see.

I wouldn't bet my money on Nicole. VoA split up in 2005 when Nicole Bogner, Werner Fiedler, and Miro Holly left the band. Later they were replaced by Melissa Ferlaak (formerly Aesma Daeva), guitarist Wolf K. and keyboardist Martin Harb.

Umm... yeah, and Sharon will be performing at a sold out Astoria, London with Within Temptation tonight (actually in a couple of hours from now) which doesn't look like she left the band lately :err:

I wouldn't bet my money on Nicole. VoA split up in 2005 when Nicole Bogner, Werner Fiedler, and Miro Holly left the band. Later they were replaced by Melissa Ferlaak (formerly Aesma Daeva), guitarist Wolf K. and keyboardist Martin Harb.

Umm... yeah, and Sharon will be performing at a sold out Astoria, London with Within Temptation tonight (actually in a couple of hours from now) which doesn't look like she left the band lately :err:

I agree with you totally. I think, and again just my opinion, all these rumors are just a giagantic smoke screen to throw everyone off. The new singer is............ who knows as this has become the best keep secret since the Manhattan project and Area 51. We all will just have to wait and see

Sharon and Robert are also dating (I thought they got married, actually) and have a child together. It's their band. I highly doubt she'd leave just like that.

I believe that Nightwish will be outed by The Martian Media as they will catch the new frontwoman, Evaxhilna Sleestak aka "Eva", leaving Tuomas's island sauna. The Finnish media will be stunned at her lime-green, scaly complexion with big, dark eyes, and long claws. tuomas tells a stunned media, "She has the best voice I have ever heard, with a truly thick skin. We can deal with her looks."

In other news, A poster, only known as See You In Hell, was seen camping out in front of ProgPower headquarters to beg for a meeting with the First Sleestak of Metal.

Time of this happening: May 15th, 0300 hrs EST

You were off by little more than a week!