Next announcement...

Gang,

How many times is Glenn gonna be put on the Rotisserie spit with an apple in his mouth where Nevermore is concerned? After last year, there is a better chance of Glenn naming the Wiggles and Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem before he signs Nevermore. Face reality: Nevermore will NEVER play PP. Period. That said, I can only see two bands where everything that Glenn has said over the last 8 months, with the fact that he is hot and heavy negotiations i think point to two bands for very different reasons: Finland's Twilightning and Taiwan's Seraphim. I will get into after my tourney schedule is over.

Peace,
Ray C.

Gang,

How many times is Glenn gonna be put on the Rotisserie spit with an apple in his mouth where Nevermore is concerned? After last year, there is a better chance of Glenn naming the Wiggles and Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem before he signs Nevermore. Face reality: Nevermore will NEVER play PP. Period. That said, I can only see two bands where everything that Glenn has said over the last 8 months, with the fact that he is hot and heavy negotiations i think point to two bands for very different reasons: Finland's Twilightning and Taiwan's Seraphim. I will get into after my tourney schedule is over.

Peace,
Ray C.

Noone was talking about Nevermore being on PP, but why wont they ever? Whats the problem there.

Half the world is hoping for Nevermore. Don't you read the posts? What makes me say "never"? Nevermore has burned Glenn three times. Do you think he would like to avoid the promoter burn unit for once?

Half the world is hoping for Nevermore. Don't you read the posts? What makes me say "never"? Nevermore has burned Glenn three times. Do you think he would like to avoid the promoter burn unit for once?

Don't need ot be a dick about it, new member here and I haven't seen a thread titled "Nevermore's problem with PPUSA" but whatever.

My apologies. I did not know you were new. But, basically, you need to understand the history between Glenn and Nevermore. Many people on this board is still holding out hope. I am just telling them to be real.

Welcome aboard.

Paece,
Ray C.

My apologies. I did not know you were new. But, basically, you need to understand the history between Glenn and Nevermore. Many people on this board is still holding out hope. I am just telling them to be real.

Welcome aboard.

Paece,
Ray C.

Accepted, there a thread or a brief description as to why?

glenn throws so many curve balls its very hard to hold out hope for any one band any more, my only hope is that it is a band i like, and am familiar with much material from

^^ (Unca Kev) Makes alot of sense...
Thanks.
1) I don't see how people can find Brainstorm to be a headliner status band anywhere in the world, let alone in the USA. Especially headliner status over Primal Fear. I know Glenn was talking about how people might think that this year's Saturday Night headliner might not be big enough to headline over PF, but Brainstorm is pushing it.
Well as far as album sales or general impression by or buzz with most power metal fans in the US or abroad, I'm no expert but, I'd say no. But, after the performance that they gave at PPV and the crowds' reaction to them, they're good enough to pull off a co-headlining slot at PP. Do I think that they would be put in the slot right before Megadeth at Gigantour or Ozzy at Ozzfest? HELL NO! Do I think that they would headline a major NA tour? HELL NO! I know that they're not that popular in the entire metal world and sell enough albums for that kind of status in general. But, Glenn puts bands in slots that would work for this festival, not every other tour or festival. He even cited Pagan's Mind as a perfect example of that. Do you think that PM would be in the slot's before Megadeth and Ozzy, in their respective touring festivals? HELL NO! Besides I only mentioned them as an example because others have been mentioning them. If you want to go on preference and status, disregarding the hints/or if the negotiations fall through, then I'd say Symphony X would be the best for Sat's slot #5!
2) If I remember correctly, Glenn said that he now has a "2 year policy" with booking bands and does not book a band who has played the festival within the last 2 years. If this is true, we can count Angra out.
You're right. I forgot about that. If that rule is still in effect, then Angra can't qualify. Besides, I also only mentioned Angra because of the mentions in this thread and others.

Does anyone else think MORGANA LEFAY could be an intriguing possibility?

They are an incredible live band... but for this fest, they'd suffer the Rage Effect. In fact, this is what happened at CPF last year... there was a Euro happy metal band on directly before them, so everyone showed up for the Euro happy metal band, and then left.

They are an incredible live band... but for this fest, they'd suffer the Rage Effect. In fact, this is what happened at CPF last year... there was a Euro happy metal band on directly before them, so everyone showed up for the Euro happy metal band, and then left.

It wasnt just any band it was NOCTURNAL FUCKING RITES!!!!! Who could very possibly be headlining saturday.

It wasnt just any band it was NOCTURNAL FUCKING RITES!!!!! Who could very possibly be headlining saturday.
There are a few, very vocal people on this board who seem to be all about this band. I gave "Grand Illusion" half a spin and just wasn't impressed. Either way, I personally don't view them as a headliner. Additionally, I don't see why Glenn would put them #5 and Primal Fear #4. Given their status here and abroad, it would seem a strange move.

Just out of curiosity, which disc is considered their best?

Zod

There are a few, very vocal people on this board who seem to be all about this band. I gave "Grand Illusion" half a spin and just wasn't impressed. Either way, I personally don't view them as a headliner. Additionally, I don't see why Glenn would put them #5 and Primal Fear #4. Given their status here and abroad, it would seem a strange move.

Just out of curiosity, which disc is considered their best?

Zod

Same here, i have never been really moved by any of NR's discs, so putting them as a co-headliner, well............. i just don't know. I would much rather see some one Like ROYAL HUNT(I know Glenn's feelings), PRETTY MAIDS, or maybe AFTER FOREVER, but the ultimate would be, and i know i will take some grief on this LANFEAR.

I would much rather see some one Like ROYAL HUNT(I know Glenn's feelings), PRETTY MAIDS, or maybe AFTER FOREVER, but the ultimate would be, and i know i will take some grief on this LANFEAR.
I dig Lanfear, but would want to hear their new singer before they were given any slot at ProgPower. Regardless, as much as I like them, I don't view them as a headliner.

Zod

I think I came up with an Idea for the last band and I am not drunk yet

MANOWAR!!!!!!!!

New CD coming out middle of 2007 and would be a controversial pick and I am sure negotiations would drag on with a band like that.