Next announcement...

Zod - check out NR's "Afterlife" - great disc to crank up while driving......after that, give "Shadowland" a spin......

There are a few, very vocal people on this board who seem to be all about this band. I gave "Grand Illusion" half a spin and just wasn't impressed. Either way, I personally don't view them as a headliner. Additionally, I don't see why Glenn would put them #5 and Primal Fear #4. Given their status here and abroad, it would seem a strange move.

Just out of curiosity, which disc is considered their best?

Zod
I think it's "Shadowland". NR rocks and Glenn wanted to create a headliner. NR is a perfect fit. Sorry, but that's how I believe.

Think you could give us a slight clue as to when you will be announcing the last band though Glenn? I'm losing my grip waiting lol.

He said in another thread he would know by Jan. 5 whether a certain band he was looking into would indeed be the one and if not, then it's anyone's guess.

I think Nocturnal Rites is about even with Primal Fear in terms of "bigness".

My only problem with Nocturnal Rites is that the only interesting songs they have are their faster songs. THeir midpaced songs and ballads just don't work for me.

But those fast songs kick so much ass I'd love to see them co-headline with Primal Fear.

The co-headliner will be announced by January 5th if the deal is set...

Anyone else a little antsy by now?

I'm still hoping the name Dan Swan&#246; appears. Hell he'll even have another album out by then! And then he can sing with Threshold, as well as Winds (who will get the #2 Showcase spot <_< ).

ICED EARTH would still be a great and albeit, viable choice. Especially since Jon has a full band again and new album(s) coming out. I'm sure something special could be pulled out of the hat...like the entire performance of "The Dark Saga", perhaps?

ICED EARTH would still be a great and albeit, viable choice. Especially since Jon has a full band again and new album(s) coming out. I'm sure something special could be pulled out of the hat...like the entire performance of "The Dark Saga", perhaps?

Hearing Owens sing I Died For You would probably ruin the next 20-30 years of my life. A performance of Night of the Stormrider though, that might work a little better. :headbang:

The co-headliner will be announced by January 5th if the deal is set...

Anyone else a little antsy by now?

Did he say that? I haven't noticed that comment. Only that he gave the band a deadline of Jan 5th. No mention of when he'd announce if they say yes.

Man, some of you people take this "music" stuff way too seriously.

well said man

i must say im on the edge of my seat these next 24 hours, i hope the band is announced!

regardless who it is, can you people who seem to down alot of the bands glenn picks, show a little appreciation?

Did he say that? I haven't noticed that comment. Only that he gave the band a deadline of Jan 5th. No mention of when he'd announce if they say yes.

thats true too

well lets hope once its confirmed its put on here ya?

An announcement at the end of the day on Friday would be a perfect way to cap the week. Hopefully we will know something by Saturday.