NIGHTWISH 2007 USA TOUR

The Orlando show was very good. Annette looked like she has having a ball up there. She sang well. She is definitely better singing normally or quietly than trying to belt it out. That is when she has some trouble. Kinda liked the Natalie Portman look she was sporting. The shorter setlist was disappointing. Screw Disney for kicking it out of HOB. Screw the club for having that damn disco thing. I had a bad feeling when I looked on the club site and it showed that doors would be open at 10 that other thing. Numbers didn't add up and hence the shorter set. Oh well. Still a good time. Second time seeing them live. Once with each singer. Tarja definitely sings better live, but Annette brings much more enthusiasm to the stage.

:oops::worship: I feel loved. LOL thanks Empress.

I got a few pictures up on my facebook and my photobucket of Anette totally having a blast, and i just love hearing that the whole band is so very down to earth. If it wasnt for the fact that my sister and i had previous engagements the next day, we would have stuck around to meet the band.

What time did they come out to hang with everyone? Cuz if they came out just after we lwft i'm going to be pissed. :cry:

Annette can't be justified by calling her beautiful, amazing, great, kind, sweet, etc. My god - such a unique personality, so "real". It's not just an act but she is so down to earth, so funny, too! GREAT sense of humor. Anyone who has met her HAS to agree. She's just so cool to hang out with and you can see how WARM and close she is with the guys. She is really outgoing and really can keep a conversation going and makes sure EVERYONE around is "invited" and "in" that conversation. That's offstage.

How true this statement is, we had such a blast with them in Albuquerque, and Annette made it a point of getting to know my two daughters very well. They acted like three sisters, just having fun.

And I also think she is better for the band and the band is better for her, and they fit together like a glove.

The Orlando show was very good. Annette looked like she has having a ball up there. She sang well. She is definitely better singing normally or quietly than trying to belt it out. That is when she has some trouble. Kinda liked the Natalie Portman look she was sporting. The shorter setlist was disappointing. Screw Disney for kicking it out of HOB. Screw the club for having that damn disco thing. I had a bad feeling when I looked on the club site and it showed that doors would be open at 10 that other thing. Numbers didn't add up and hence the shorter set. Oh well. Still a good time. Second time seeing them live. Once with each singer. Tarja definitely sings better live, but Annette brings much more enthusiasm to the stage.

I was on vacation and went to the Fort Lauderdale & Orlando shows. From what the employees said, the Orlando club (Club Firestone) has a regular Thursday night dance night starting at 10pm. They pushed the dance night back to 11pm to help accomodate the show.

It appears that the club did the promoter a favor by taking the show after Disney booted it out of HOB. You cannot really blame the club. They actually helped to keep it in the Orlando area. That said, they should have moved the doors earlier, like say 6pm. Then Paradise Lost could have started earlier and Nightwish would have been able to play the two songs that they cut.

Also, Vanessa, it was nice to run into you again while waiting in line at the Orlando show. Have a good trip.

Just got a call from a buddy of mine, and he is standing in Line at The Masquerade in Atlanta for the NIGHTWISH show tonite, and said it is the longest line he has ever seen there. Damn, wish I was there to see the finale of their USA tour.

Just got a call from a buddy of mine, and he is standing in Line at The Masquerade in Atlanta for the NIGHTWISH show tonite, and said it is the longest line he has ever seen there. Damn, wish I was there to see the finale of their USA tour.

Hoyt maybe? As packed as it was I was surprised at how many people I was actually able to find in the place, including the Pathfinder and his brat son.:heh: Only Lacuna Coil / DragonForce had a crowd that size for any Masq show I've been to.

Great show. The sound at the Masquerade has never been better. The floor thudding from the techno stuff played downstairs actually made it show cooler, IMO.

The band was excellent, and Annette pulled off her DPP songs perfectly. The Tarja stuff was done well enough. Some of it has been changed up in the choruses so that Marco and Annette sing what Tarja did alone. It actually works pretty damn well. Kudos to the band for finding a way to make it work.

Couldn't have been happier with the setlist. I was hoping for "Dead To The World" since it was listed as an alternate song on the original setlist and we got it.

I hope the Highlander get together worked out well. Rumor had it that the word had "leaked" and spread like wildfire, and that about 1000 people were heading over there. As I suspected, not knowing exactly what The Highlander is, my group opted out citing a need for real food and an under 21 in tow. Thanks for the invite anyway Glenn.

Also good to see Pellaz and Ruthven as usual. And Shaye although I don't know you except in passing.

@ Patrick: Good luck next week with your EBS reunion, and the battle the following.

Amazing is the one word that completely sums up the atlanta show. it was a perfect night. i am still in a state of bliss and numbness after seeing one of the best shows of my life. :headbang:
Hell yeah!:headbang: GREAT SHOW! SOLD-OUT!:kickass:I was the big guy in the moshpit wearing the denim jacket. Of course, most of us moshers were big dudes.:lol: I worked my way up to about the 10th row standing, front and center. I'd rate the PL set a 7.5/10, having never seen them or heard their music before-very much gothic metal with a touch of doom. Nice British blokes.

I saw Glenn outside the venue as I was waiting in line. I also saw my old buddy Doug, a.k.a. ChickenKiller!:headbang: I also saw the big blonde-headed dude with the beard who is always front and center near the barrier at PPUSA gigs. I saw other familiar faces, as well.
The Nightwish set was superb and heavily laden with tracks from DPP(at least 7 new tracks were played-7 Days and The Islander, for example), as expected, Of course, although they DID thoughtfiully include some of their back catalog, as well as Dark Chest and Angel from ONCE. I was particularly thrilled that they featured Dead To The World and Ever Dream in their setlist.:worship: Always great to hear songs from my favorite NW CD-Century Child!:worship: They also played Wishmaster, the song, much to the delight of all present. Overall, I'd rate the entire NW performance and overall presentation with an outstanding 9.75/10 rating, as compared to their PPUSA IV set, which I gave an amazing 11/10!:worship: Anette did very well up there vocally and Marco stole the show both with singing voice and amusing comments between songs, as always. Tuomas looked the spitting image of one Cpt. Black Jack Sparrow, BTW.:lol: He was as bewitching as ever.:worship: Jukka was stellar on the skins and Emppu was as masterful an axewielder as ever. Well done, Nightwish! Atlanta loves you!:worship:rock::kickass:

I'd rate it about a 6/10. The band is good. Tuomas is great. Annette is just an untrained pop singer that has a weak voice. No matter how much they turned her up she has no power behind her voice. Its like she's in a casual conversation up there =(

I was really hoping to like her, and as much as I liked the music she sucked the energy out of me. She really doesn't fit. Some people will continue to like her, but that's okay. She's just not for me. Didn't want a J-pop singer headlining what used to be an awesome band. I don't care if she's a nice person. There's lots of nice people out there. Its more important to be good.

Paradise Lost was very good, and better. They played a good selection of songs and played it well. They got a pretty good crowd reception too. Not as good as Nightwish of course.

One thing I noticed is that I saw the least number of metal shirts at this concert s I've ever seen at a metal show. That should say something about Nightwish's appeal.

Setlist for the ATL show:

Paradise Lost
==========
01. The Enemy
02. Ash & Debris
03. Grey
04. No Celebration
05. Erased
06. Enchantment
07. Requiem
08. Unreachable
09. True Belief
10. One Second
11. Never for the Damned
12. Say Just Words

Nightwish
=======
Intro
01. Bye Bye Beautiful
02. Amaranth
03. Dark Chest of Wonders
04. Ever Dream
05. Whoever Brings the Night
06. The Islander
07. The Poet and the Pendulum
08. Dead to the World
09. Sahara
10. Nemo
----------
11. 7 Days to the Wolves
12. Wishmaster
13. Wish I Had an Angel

Both were AMAZING!!! They totally blew me away!!

Hoyt maybe? As packed as it was I was surprised at how many people I was actually able to find in the place, including the Pathfinder and his brat son.:heh: Only Lacuna Coil / DragonForce had a crowd that size for any Masq show I've been to.

Great show. The sound at the Masquerade has never been better. The floor thudding from the techno stuff played downstairs actually made it show cooler, IMO.

The band was excellent, and Annette pulled off her DPP songs perfectly. The Tarja stuff was done well enough. Some of it has been changed up in the choruses so that Marco and Annette sing what Tarja did alone. It actually works pretty damn well. Kudos to the band for finding a way to make it work.

Couldn't have been happier with the setlist. I was hoping for "Dead To The World" since it was listed as an alternate song on the original setlist and we got it.

I hope the Highlander get together worked out well. Rumor had it that the word had "leaked" and spread like wildfire, and that about 1000 people were heading over there. As I suspected, not knowing exactly what The Highlander is, my group opted out citing a need for real food and an under 21 in tow. Thanks for the invite anyway Glenn.

Also good to see Pellaz and Ruthven as usual. And Shaye although I don't know you except in passing.

@ Patrick: Good luck next week with your EBS reunion, and the battle the following.
I totally concur with you as an eyewitness to the sold-out spectacle of the NW show in ATL. I, too, was at the DF/LC show and no other Masquerade show I've been to have been as packed as those 2 shows were, and I've been to several events at the venue in question. Great place to see a show!:worship:notworthy Also, some of the older songs were rearranged somewhat vocally to better suit the talents and abilities of both Marco and Anette, as opposed to what had worked so well for Tarja(who's vocally in a league of her own) previously. It went over amazingly well, however.:headbang:

Setlist for the ATL show:

Paradise Lost
==========
01. The Enemy
02. Ash & Debris
03. Grey
04. No Celebration
05. Erased
06. Enchantment
07. Requiem
08. Unreachable
09. True Belief
10. One Second
11. Never for the Damned
12. Say Just Words

Nightwish
=======
Intro
01. Bye Bye Beautiful
02. Amaranth
03. Dark Chest of Wonders
04. Ever Dream
05. Whoever Brings the Night
06. The Islander
07. The Poet and the Pendulum
08. Dead to the World
09. Sahara
10. Nemo
----------
11. 7 Days to the Wolves
12. Wishmaster
13. Wish I Had an Angel

Both were AMAZING!!! They totally blew me away!!
Yes, I recall hearing all those songs, and they were performed quite well. Say, were you at the ATL BFMV show at the Tabernacle last year, when they opened for RZ and LC? They were simply amazing!:headbang:

I loved it. I thought they did a good job in the new arrangements for the old songs, as I really wanted to hear them in a manner that allowed me to understand the lyrics. I love Tarja's voice, but I really think Annette is a better fit. The acoustics in the Masq, suck, so if you're standing in the wrong spot, it sounds even worse. My friend and I were off to the side, and her voice sounded great from there. Not sure how it would have been further back or closer to the middle (but I do know, the closer to the stage you get, there, the worse it sounds).

I do have to admit, feeling the floor about to cave out from under me was not a cool experience. And the afterparty at the highlander was great. Not a lot of people showed up - by 3, and quite a few got turned away from the door. We had a blast, and I'm glad I missed my bedtime to be there. Not to mention, it was a good prog-withdrawal get-together, just wish I had managed to familiarize myself better with Paradise Lost.

Wow .... just wow. I watched the End of an Era DVD twice before heading to the Atlanta show, and the fact that these guys were twice as dynamic as they were on the DVD just blew me away. Anette also won me over last night - all doubts are out the window. She gels with the rest of the band so well .... and the crowd, too! I found myself singing "Hi! Hi! Beautiful!" during that song ..... yes, corny .... but dammit, it applies! :lol:

The only thing that disappointed me was that I couldn't hear the keyboards very well. I was standing front row in front of Anette and Emppu, so the PA was a little bit behind me; thus, couldn't hear the keys as well as everything else. I'm sure it was fantastic about mid-floor and towards the back. Minor complaint, and it's all my fault for hugging the rail. Oh well...

Finally, did anyone notice how ear friendly this show was? I had my earplugs in for Paradise Lost (as they had their amps front and center), but I found I was comfortable not wearing them for all of Nightwish's set. Kudos to the sound guys for not falling into the "louder is better" trap :kickass:

I loved it. I thought they did a good job in the new arrangements for the old songs, as I really wanted to hear them in a manner that allowed me to understand the lyrics. I love Tarja's voice, but I really think Annette is a better fit. The acoustics in the Masq, suck, so if you're standing in the wrong spot, it sounds even worse. My friend and I were off to the side, and her voice sounded great from there. Not sure how it would have been further back or closer to the middle (but I do know, the closer to the stage you get, there, the worse it sounds).

I do have to admit, feeling the floor about to cave out from under me was not a cool experience. And the afterparty at the highlander was great. Not a lot of people showed up - by 3, and quite a few got turned away from the door. We had a blast, and I'm glad I missed my bedtime to be there. Not to mention, it was a good prog-withdrawal get-together, just wish I had managed to familiarize myself better with Paradise Lost.
The flooring was quite the interesting experience, as it always is at the Masquerade.:lol:
The sound was great to my ears, and I experienced zero numbness or ringing in my ears afterwards.:headbang:

Wow .... just wow. I watched the End of an Era DVD twice before heading to the Atlanta show, and the fact that these guys were twice as dynamic as they were on the DVD just blew me away. Anette also won me over last night - all doubts are out the window. She gels with the rest of the band so well .... and the crowd, too! I found myself singing "Hi! Hi! Beautiful!" during that song ..... yes, corny .... but dammit, it applies! :lol:

The only thing that disappointed me was that I couldn't hear the keyboards very well. I was standing front row in front of Anette and Emppu, so the PA was a little bit behind me; thus, couldn't hear the keys as well as everything else. I'm sure it was fantastic about mid-floor and towards the back. Minor complaint, and it's all my fault for hugging the rail. Oh well...

Finally, did anyone notice how ear friendly this show was? I had my earplugs in for Paradise Lost (as they had their amps front and center), but I found I was comfortable not wearing them for all of Nightwish's set. Kudos to the sound guys for not falling into the "louder is better" trap :kickass:
I was about 10-15 standing rows back and dead in the center, a.k.a. as the moshpit, so the rows would naturally deviate after the moshing subsided.:lol: Coincidentally, I just acquired the End Of An Era DVD, as well and wil be viewing it soon.:headbang: Great show all around. From whwere I was standing, it all sounded very good-keys included.