NIGHTWISH 2007 USA TOUR

Cool :)

They all seem like good people to hang with.

And while you are at it confirm with Marco that Tarot will be appearing at PP X okay?

Hahaha

Not sure who I'm interviewing before the show, but if it's Marco, I'll bother him to no end about clearing up his schedule so Tarot can come play.

I'll be at the NYC show and I'm bringing Ben to the Worcester show. Think I'm skipping Philly. I'm also going to the thing at Vintage Vinyl.

I'd give anything to see John Two-Hawks perform with them in TX, but unfortunately, the bank account says there's nothing to give. grrr

This is the first time NW has actually played in Michigan correct?
Correct, during their first US tour in 2004 I was actually in Colorado for the summer and saw them in Denver. The biggest crowd I've seen at Harpos was for Iced Earth/Children Of Bodom/Evergrey earlier the same year...and it still wasn't sold out, so I'm assuming I won't get burned by waiting to get tickets at the door...I hope

So then I can expect you to be one of the other 19 people there? Never been to Mark's Showplace so it shall be interesting.

It is an interesting place to see a show... possibly my favorite venue ever due to the attached strip club that is free access to anyone seeing a show :heh:. The venue itself is small and rather crappy, but its a cool place to take in a show.

/makes note to hit the bank this week for a whole stack of crisp $1s.

So then I can expect you to be one of the other 19 people there? Never been to Mark's Showplace so it shall be interesting.
Small area in front of the stage. Can maybe fit 10 deep before you back up to the bar. Open on the ends though and they have a lot of pool tables. Didn't check out the strip club. Maybe should have to avoid the SEVEN warm-up bands, only 3 of which were scheduled. Prepare for a padded roster just in case.

Yup. I will never get suckered for their warm up bands again. Combined with a later arrival, and more fruitful entertainment options, I know how to do it now. We are going to say at the Hampton Inn just under a mile up the road too.

Small area in front of the stage. Can maybe fit 10 deep before you back up to the bar. Open on the ends though and they have a lot of pool tables. Didn't check out the strip club. Maybe should have to avoid the SEVEN warm-up bands, only 3 of which were scheduled. Prepare for a padded roster just in case.

Sounds even better. The myspace page lists two different times. In the photo flyer it says 6. On the main upcoming show list it says 8. I have a 4 hour drive and have to go to work that day but I said I had a doctor's appt at 2. Boyfriend won't get out until around 3:30 and then we're off. Oddly enough I can either go through VT which will be 3 hrs & 48 min or the Mass Pike way which will be 3 hrs 40 min but an additional 60 miles on my car one way. I've opted the shorter mile route. Still, I'm waiting to hear back from my friend on whether I can stay at his place since unfortunately he will be away and it's up to his landlord as we don't want the cops called on us when we're at his place w/o him there. If we don't have the place to stay, we'll just be going to Nightwish because we can't afford another expense like a hotel and my other closest friend is in Hartford which is 2 & 1/2 hrs.

I should be at the ATL show, and I think Derek/Ruthven is coming down from Tennessee (in his case, largely also for Paradise Lost).

Glenn's going to be at a Masquerade show? *faint* :lol:

Correct, during their first US tour in 2004 I was actually in Colorado for the summer and saw them in Denver. The biggest crowd I've seen at Harpos was for Iced Earth/Children Of Bodom/Evergrey earlier the same year...and it still wasn't sold out, so I'm assuming I won't get burned by waiting to get tickets at the door...I hope

It's too bad Harpo's (in Detroit) is such a dive in a shitty neighborhood. It's also too bad that the venue usually likes to load up the ticket with local warm up bands, creating what I've termed "heavy metal hell" for hours before the headliner shows up.

Maybe this time will be different.

I've thought of going to this gig. But I'll be in Chicago the day before, and Traverse City the day after. Sandwiching a Detroit gig in between seems daunting to me.

Plus, I can't imagine how their new singer is going to pull off all the Tarja vocals on some of their older songs.

James and I will be there!!! Tess and her mom might be coming down and staying with us and going, too!!!! (now you have to, girl, since I just announced it!! :heh:)

Arrgghhh! I really really want to make the Atlanta show, but it looks like I'll be out of town that weekend. Might try to rearrange plans. The new CD is FAR AND AWAY my favorite of theirs. I was a HUGE Alyson Avenue fan. I have both of their CD's on my Ipod and they get regular play. Can't get enough "Amaranth!"