NIGHTWISH: Endless Forms Most Beautiful

I'm a huge Nightwish fan. Love Floor's voice as well.

One first listen, it didn't hit me right away. Seemed very reserved and missing the OOMPH that even some of their lighter stuff contains.

I will say, after listening to it a few more times, I am liking it more and more. I'll be interested to hear the rest of the album to see how it all flows.

Was my fav album, probably because that's when I discovered them. New song sounds great, just not as epic as once. Cant wait to pick up the album.

Yep. Nightwish needs that deeper smokier female voice to give it that unique feel. I liked Storytime well enough, but Floor's voice just fits the style of the music far better than the higher pitch Annette had.

It definitely works....kinda best of both worlds,Floor adds a bit more power and keeps the sweetness......I really think this is going to be an amazing disk

Single lacks punch, but it got me interested in a new Nightwish album. Something that's not happened in years. Also Floor. She's amazing.

The song is white noise to me musically, though Floor's voice is great as usual.
I do hope they change it up within the other songs compared to their previous couple albums.

I was not sure if I should post this here after the comments above :Smokin:, but I have not been this enthusiastic about Nightwish since Once after hearing this song. I am amazed at how well Floor's vocals fit with this song. A testament to their songwriting IMHO.

The song is a little mellow for my tastes, but Floor's performance is amazing. Perhaps I am more enthusiastic about Floor being in Nightwish....:devil:

Oh well - definitely will pick this up unless the rest of the album is more mellow than this song.

I like the mellowness of the song, and I love the lyrics, listened to it probably 15 times yesterday, it's fucking great.

I 150% totally agree with Patrick, the mellowness and the lyrics is what got me, so soothing, have a feeling it is the quiet before the storm. Kinda like "Slow, Love, Slow" then bang "I want my tears back", It shows the depth and artistry not just of Tuomas but the whole band. I too can't wait for the 24 minute epic track, hell I can't wait for the whole album, and follow-on tour.

I was not sure if I should post this here after the comments above :Smokin:, but I have not been this enthusiastic about Nightwish since Once after hearing this song. I am amazed at how well Floor's vocals fit with this song. A testament to their songwriting IMHO.

The song is a little mellow for my tastes, but Floor's performance is amazing. Perhaps I am more enthusiastic about Floor being in Nightwish....:devil:

Oh well - definitely will pick this up unless the rest of the album is more mellow than this song.

Good comment

The video's a bit weird, but I love the song. I've been listening to Nightwish (off and on) since 1997 and haven't ever been this excited for a Nightwish album. I am even more excited to see them live in April.

The Celtic sound is really wearing out its welcome. It was okay on The Islander. It got kinda old on the disney album and now I'm just about sick of hearing it. Given that they brought that dude on full time I can see that I'm prolly not gonna like this album or future albums. I miss hearing guitar work in Nightwish that isn't just chugg riffs that serve to only give the illusion of heaviness so that this doesn't get put squarely in the category of Pop.

The Celtic sound is really wearing out its welcome. It was okay on The Islander. It got kinda old on the disney album and now I'm just about sick of hearing it. Given that they brought that dude on full time I can see that I'm prolly not gonna like this album or future albums. I miss hearing guitar work in Nightwish that isn't just chugg riffs that serve to only give the illusion of heaviness so that this doesn't get put squarely in the category of Pop.
Absolutely agreed! I'd love the Century Child style again.

I don't mind the occasional nod to the Celtic sound, but I agree. I don't want them to overuse it.

~Brian~