Olaf Thorson leaves Labyrinth!

This sucks!!!!!:mad: :( :mad: :(
Return to Heaven Denied is one of my favoite metal albums, but the last one (Sons of Thunder) sounded too much like Vision Divine. Maybe it is good for Labyrinth that he left since they were starting to sound too much like Vision Divine. I hope that the rest of the guys don't give up and and come up with an album in the veins of Return ot Heaven Denied (they should record it at the New Sin Studio again!).

I loved Labyrinth, especially "Return to Heaven Denied"....
But with Olaf kicking sand in producer Neil Kernon's face on thier last album and having remixed (a shoddy mix at best) the album after Neil already did, and putting out an average product called "Sons of Thunder", I feel this may be for the best.... :err:

I would like to see what the guys can do without Olaf at the helm.
He is indeed a great guitarist, and a unique songwriter, but I think his ego is getting in the way of Labyrinths true direction.

:Smug:

Originally posted by Dustin
I loved Labyrinth, especially "Return to Heaven Denied"....
But with Olaf kicking sand in producer Neil Kernon's face on thier last album and having remixed (a shoddy mix at best) the album after Neil already did, and putting out an average product called "Sons of Thunder", I feel this may be for the best.... :err:

I would like to see what the guys can do without Olaf at the helm.
He is indeed a great guitarist, and a unique songwriter, but I think his ego is getting in the way of Labyrinths true direction.

:Smug:

I agree.