On the fence? (good info within- GH)

ragingsaxmachine

Blue Bomber
Feb 28, 2005
Houston
I know it's unlikely in the festival forum that there would be a whole lot of people who haven't made up their minds on this festival yet, but just for shits and giggles, who here is still undecided?

I know personally I'm choosing between a Roland AX7 keyboard and a trip to Atlanta. Travel expenses and whether or not my bro is going makes a hit or miss difference too. Anybody else out there that are still pondering over these last 99 (probably less now) tickets?

I was a definite no back when I was sure the festival would sell out soon. But I'm starting to listen to the new Pyramaze and some Evergrey. If tickets are still available in mid-May I might pick one up.

I haven't bought one. I'm technically on the fence, but leaning towards no.
I'll be at the pre-party.

The bands playing have little to do with it for me, I like most of them a lot.

It's all about the $$$. If only Glenn hadn't raised the ticket price 4 dollars this year...

Update: I'm likely ordering tickets tonight. :)

Just curious... those on the fence, have you been to a previous ProgPower?

V and VI.

The attraction for me at V was Kamelot and Edguy, and Vi it was Angra and Stratovarius.

THere's really not much for a power metal fan here, with the top power metal band being a #3 slot.

Yep, that'll do it

Eh, not yet. I'm digging it more than the 1st one but it's still not something that can get me to start saving up for an Atlanta trip.

I have made the decision to go since I'm addicted to the festival but unfortunately I'm still on the fence too, been applying for summer jobs like crazy (well, around 35 applications total) but it looks like I'm not having any luck with it.

If I get the $ issue solved I will SO be there again, doing my best with it. Pondering about the festival tickets left too but I'll just try my luck getting one later on, have to first figure out more sources for the money needed for the flights over the pond.

Well, if you've been, then you know what you'll be missing by not going. Had you said you had never been, I would have simply explained how much fun the festival the is, apart from which bands are playing. This year, in particular, is of little interest to me musically. However, I'm going because I know I'll have a blast, and chances are, I'll discover some great new music.

Zod

General Zod said:
This year, in particular, is of little interest to me musically. However, I'm going because I know I'll have a blast, and chances are, I'll discover some great new music.

Zod
Exactly how I feel. Outside of the two headliners, there is not much drawing power for me in any of the other bands, but I will be there regardless. I will probably spend most of the weekend in the bar...my liver is gonna hate me.:kickass:

pollution said:
I have made the decision to go since I'm addicted to the festival but unfortunately I'm still on the fence too, been applying for summer jobs like crazy (well, around 35 applications total) but it looks like I'm not having any luck with it.

If I get the $ issue solved I will SO be there again, doing my best with it. Pondering about the festival tickets left too but I'll just try my luck getting one later on, have to first figure out more sources for the money needed for the flights over the pond.
IF you do go this year, and i surely hope you do, we will find you a place to stay, i mean from what i hear it ain't PROGGPOWER without AKI.

pollution said:

Sell some of your headphones. :lol::lol: Just kidding. Hope to see ya there. :headbang:

General Zod said:
Just curious... those on the fence, have you been to a previous ProgPower?

Zod

II, IV, V, & VI. I'll admit the music is part of it this year, but like some, it's just cool to walk around and mingle. I wouldn't mind seeing Evergrey again, or Jorn, Pyramaze and Pre-Party even looks sweet. And I had not listened to Thunderstone, but they're cool.Talking to Lance King last year didn't suck, and having all of those CD vendors make my hands shake. I'm like a woman buyin' shoes.I just didn't get the fever this year.:kickass:

General Zod said:
As long as you're not literally on the fence, because that would be damn uncomfortable.

Yeah? Who said being technically on the fence isn't painful?

General Zod said:
Well, if you've been, then you know what you'll be missing by not going. Had you said you had never been, I would have simply explained how much fun the festival the is, apart from which bands are playing. This year, in particular, is of little interest to me musically. However, I'm going because I know I'll have a blast, and chances are, I'll discover some great new music.

No doubt you'll have a great time. But its a matter of two different perspectives.

You have a gold badge which means you already spent the money for the year, and you have some fun perks regular ticket holders don't. I assume you also hang with a bunch of regulars of this board and others, who you only see once a year for 2 days. I'd also guess that being one of the first PP attendees you also have a certain loyalty to Glenn.

On the other hand...

Its all about musical interest for me. I haven't spent the money, and don't have gold badge perks. I don't do the party scene, and I'd go with people I know locally. I appreciate the effort of what Glenn does, but ProgPower is a vendor/buyer relationship for me and others. He offers his wares, and I buy if I like them. As with you this year is of little interest to me musically, but unfortunately there is no other draw.