PAIN OF SALVATION to tour North America with KINGCROW and IMMINENT SONIC DESTRUCTION

Tailing on the talk about the Chicago metal heads; is there a facebook group or something for the Chicago PPUSA metal fans? I'm moving to Chicago in August and it would be great to meet a few people at shows. In DC we have a meetup.com group where we announce shows, etc. I met a ton of awesome people that way and I'd love to do the same when I'm in Chicago.

Tailing on the talk about the Chicago metal heads; is there a facebook group or something for the Chicago PPUSA metal fans? I'm moving to Chicago in August and it would be great to meet a few people at shows. In DC we have a meetup.com group where we announce shows, etc. I met a ton of awesome people that way and I'd love to do the same when I'm in Chicago.

As far as I know, it's the ProgPower USA forum. The Chicago crew will hijack a thread like nothing else. I swear to God, they're like a pest sometimes. :lol::lol:

Simon, Jason, Bob... yes, all of you. :lol:

Hopefully if this tour was successful, you'll be able to bring around more prog acts that typically don't tour here....like Haken, Vangough, Appearance of Nothing, Kingcrow (again), Voyager, etc. This tour was a lot of fun......great job!!!

I was at the Chicago show with PP regulars Jeremy and Sarah Hallum. I am bummed that there were so many other forum regulars there that I did not get to meet.

I will say that while RS1 and 2 have not really grabbed my attention (I like RS2 better, though), hearing those songs live - like To the Shoreline - elevated them to a higher level for me than the CDs alone.

Daniel came out strong, but as the show went on, it was clear he was barely on his feet - I was worried about the guy! But he stuck it out, and that "house lights on and no sound" encore was quite a moment. He has my respect now and ever more.

(Side note on illness - Paul Kilkenny, the drummer for Mindwarp Chamber, posted on Facebook the next day that he thinks he caught a cold from the changing weather. I hope he didn't catch something from being backstage at the show!)

Bryan, I wish you had time to come out and mingle, but you were clearly busy helping with stage & tech stuff. You're one of the people I feel I know from this forum, but who I've never actually met.

Ken

Here's what I'll say about PoS live:

EVERYONE in my band likes them after seeing their first show. But not too many of us liked their studio work. Example: No Way. We listen to the studio version - the old-school 70's feel and production sound - and think, "This stuff sounds kinda wimpy." Then they play it live, with TRUCK LOADS more energy power and emotion!

So you may not like their recent albums. But you will LOVE how they translate to the stage. So much more worth it. I can now APPRECIATE their albums because I seen them perform those songs live. Kinda backwards, I know, but that's how it happened! No other way to explain it, really.

And yes, sorry Ken, I didn't even get a chance to be at the merch table to sign autographs for most of this tour. That Chicago show, we were running behind so much with tech problems (like Pete's keyboard rig sending out MASSIVE 60-cycle hum, which never happened on any of the other stages before that show) that Scott had to bring backstage a fistful of albums so I could sign them. Just too busy.

Hell, I'm just happy to come out of Chicago alive, after fucking around with those HELLA-UNSAFE power quad-boxes that were the reason PoS's first song got botched. Daniel's pedalboard died when the power plug wiggled juuuuuuust enough in that quad-box to disconnect it. Lesson learned: make some quad-boxes with really long cables, so we NEVER have to rely on the house's power supplies.

Hell... should be in the tour contract. If your stage quad-boxes are the cause of electrical problems during the show, I KEEEL YOU!!!!

Oh well. Ken, we'll have to share a beer in Hotlanta!

This tour managed to get a guy I know who has always been on the ProgPower fence to say he wants to go now. Too late for this year though. Our place of employment is on a little shaky ground so we're both not going to spend any money we don't really need to. He didn't know anything about ISD or Kingcrow and only heard a few PoS songs, but I dragged him along. He loved ISD quite a bit, and I played the "see, this is the kind of stuff you are missing at PP, only it's two days worth of bands you've never heard of that will kick your ass."

Here's what I'll say about PoS live:

EVERYONE in my band likes them after seeing their first show. But not too many of us liked their studio work. Example: No Way. We listen to the studio version - the old-school 70's feel and production sound - and think, "This stuff sounds kinda wimpy." Then they play it live, with TRUCK LOADS more energy power and emotion!

Reading this makes me gutted about not being able to catch em live :S

Milton, I did not know this was your show!
Bryan, I did not know you were with the crew!
Where have I been?

Now I'm even more frustrated about the show getting canceled. :erk: Waited to see them again for just about 9 years, and had only 8 hours left to go. As much as that completely sucked beyond words, I'm glad the tour was cut short if it means everyone recovers, and the band doesn't have hesitations of coming back again! Soon!

Reading all the good reviews is fantastic! PoS are one of those bands that I kinda liked at first, but it took seeing them live to really "get" it, and it's stuck ever since! :dopey: How many of you became fans during this tour?

Reading all the good reviews is fantastic! PoS are one of those bands that I kinda liked at first, but it took seeing them live to really "get" it, and it's stuck ever since! :dopey: How many of you became fans during this tour?

I feel pretty much the same. It wasn't just seeing them live that got me all like "Whoa... :eek:", but I also bought Road Salt One, Entropia and Remedy Lane all at once, right there at the show :p (Had I known how crazy their tour was about to get after the NY show, I would have bought multiple more albums and a shirt or two. Anything to show these guys support. :))

I have infinite thanks to give Milton for booking this tour. And my friend who posts on here sometimes (I forget her username though :|) who made me come out to the show.
Funny thing is too, this band was exactly what the doctor ordered for me. Why I've waited this long to give them the honest chance is still beyond me. :|