Pick your two slot # 3 bands for Prog Power next year

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Well as you know at ProgPower the infamous slot number 3 each night usually ends up being a very special band that blows everyone away such as Edguy two years ago and more recently Tad Morose and Brainstorm. Pick who you want your two number three bands to be for 2005.

Dionysus and Chinchilla for me.

Dionysus would be a good band for that slot.

Shaman's to well known. If they include Angra stuff in their set, they can very easily justify a headline slot.

Labyrinth is another good choice.

My pick: Manigance or Last Tribe.

adaher said:
Dionysus would be a good band for that slot.

Shaman's to well known. If they include Angra stuff in their set, they can very easily justify a headline slot.

Labyrinth is another good choice.

My pick: Manigance or Last Tribe.
Hell yeah!!! Manigance would be a great choice! Been listening to their live album and it sounds awesome! I know some people will not enjoy it as much since they sing in French, but I find them to be one of the most uderrated power/prog bands in the world.

Another great 3rd slot band would be Masterplan or Nocturnal Rites.

I think Mercenary would be a good fit for a #3. With a set heavy on their material from their latest (11 Dreams) I think they would be enjoyable for most everyone. Plus, I think they have the ability to turn the energy level in Earth Link Live way up.

For the other #3 spot I'd like to see Jag Panzer. I think they could easily fill a #4 spot and perhaps a #5, but I think they could rev the crowd up as a #3. I view the #3 spot as a spot for bands that really have excellent stage appeal, and a high energy level. I think it's becoming a coveted spot.

So, for now my picks would be - Mercenary, and Jag Panzer

Black Majesty are great, but definitely not a third slot band. I don't even think they have 2 albums out and us two are probably the only two people who know who they are!!! However, they would be a great opener or second slot choice.

Pyramaze

and I was not gonna say Labyrinth cos I figured not that many people here wants to see them but Ill throw in my vote for them too.

I really really have high expectations on Pyramaze being at PPVI. The buzz for them is immense, I really cant see how they couldnt be there next year.

Ben

The thing is, those 3rd slot bands tend to be straight ahead, in your face, kick your ass bands, not the more complex like Pyramaze, which would probably fit better in the second slot at PPVI.

That kind of thing translates best live. Progressive stuff has to be just right and some bands fall on their faces trying to pull off all that doodling. A band like Tad Morose or Brainstorm or Edguy though, can just turn it up to 10 and play their hearts out for us.

DragonForce and Persuader

Okay, Persuader aren't that well known, I don't think, but they'd fit in perfectly in that number 3 slot. High energy, catchy, agressive power metal. They had an album out earlier this year, but it would be awesome to bring them to the US.