Make your final predictions for Prog Power 5.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
I know there are always thousands of these posts but now that Glenn has teased the living hell out of us and speculation is running wild make your final predictions right here leading into March 1 in which we will find out for sure.

----------------------------------------------

Demons and Wizards
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
Edguy
Brainstorm
Tad Morose

Those are my main predictions based on hints and doing some math. Of course there will be 10 bands but the bands I named were mostly power. As far as progressive metal goes I am not yet educated in it as much as I am power but definetly wanna learn more about progressive metal and some of the great bands of today.

TheGraveDigger said:
I know there are always thousands of these posts but now that Glenn has teased the living hell out of us and speculation is running wild make your final predictions right here leading into March 1 in which we will find out for sure.

----------------------------------------------

Demons and Wizards
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
Edguy
Brainstorm
Tad Morose

Those are my main predictions based on hints and doing some math. Of course there will be 10 bands but the bands I named were mostly power. As far as progressive metal goes I am not yet educated in it as much as I am power but definetly wanna learn more about progressive metal and some of the great bands of today.

Demons and Wizards = Hansi = \m/

Headliners : Conception and Angra

Heavenly
Adagio
Sonata Arctica
Masterplan
Kamelot
Shaman
and I cant think of the other ones at the moment...

I'm seriously hoping for the Iced Earth with Matt idea...just think about how the Europeans would feel after what happened with Iced Earth and Wacken.

I don't know from likely Prog bands, but i think among all this list i will have named most of the likely power bands?

Theocracy
Death Machine (oddball)
Lost Horizon
Iron Savior
Edguy
Masterplan
Sonata Arctica
Virgin Steele
Kamelot
Demons & Wizards

I think that leaves me one short on bands that have done a US tour anyhow... and come to think of it, that Troy Tipton injury that whoever was talkign about probably rules out Death Machine, but whatever.

Ryan

Fri Night- D Theater
Jethro Tull
King Crimson
Yes

Sat Night- Rush
Iron maiden
Shadow Gallery (they changed their minds)
D Theater (stage hogs)

LOL........ Not sure if it would work, but i would be there.

Maiden and Rush, WOW :OMG:

LoneWolfMusic said:
Fri Night- D Theater
Jethro Tull
King Crimson
Yes

Sat Night- Rush
Iron maiden
D Theater (stage hogs)

I think there is a bigger chance of seeing Stratovarius making an appearance with Laiho (Bodom) on vocals and Kotipelto on drums than the above mentioned line-up.:loco:

I doubt wiht having a new singer in Iced Earth that he would snub Ripper just to play one last show with him... that new album is great and I'd like to hear most of it live.

anyhow...

Brainstorm
Savatage
Dream Evil
Amaran
DGM
Kamelot
Threshold
(odball) In Flames
Shaman
Conspiracy

Schaffer would never do that show with Barlow - Barlow is out, pure and simple.

I support any lineup that includes Edguy, and while I see it as an impossibility especially with Schaffer's current malady postponing the IE tour, Demons and Wizards would be stellar.

Se7enChurches said:
I don't know from likely Prog bands, but i think among all this list i will have named most of the likely power bands?

Theocracy
Death Machine (oddball)
Lost Horizon
Iron Savior
Edguy
Masterplan
Sonata Arctica
Virgin Steele
Kamelot
Demons & Wizards

I think that leaves me one short on bands that have done a US tour anyhow... and come to think of it, that Troy Tipton injury that whoever was talkign about probably rules out Death Machine, but whatever.

Ryan
upon further thought, switch Into Eternity in for Death Machine and Angra in for Edguy.

Ryan

Rhapsody w/Christopher Lee
Gamma Ray
Sonata Arctica
Elvenking
Vision Divine
Falconer
Sentenced(oddball)

Just some bands Id like to see...

Wandrail said:
Schaffer would never do that show with Barlow - Barlow is out, pure and simple.

I support any lineup that includes Edguy, and while I see it as an impossibility especially with Schaffer's current malady postponing the IE tour, Demons and Wizards would be stellar.

It's not really that big a deal...there's a possibility his injury won't even affect the scheduled US Tour.

The Barlow idea is just wishful thinking, I guess.

LoneWolfMusic said:
Fri Night- D Theater
Jethro Tull
King Crimson
Yes

Sat Night- Rush
Iron maiden
D Theater (stage hogs)

A concert like that would need to be held in a huge stadium. I would pay a lot of money to get a good seat for that one!

Hard to guess but what the hell here is my shot :) I would be happy if even a couple of these bands make it!

1. Adagio
2. Conception (reunion) (or Kamelot)
3. Pain of Salvation
4. Sonata Arctica
5. The Gathering
6. Angra
7. Nightingale (or Swano project)
8. Magnitude 9
9. Freak Kitchen (oddball)
10. Gordian Knot (hopes :) )
11. Masterplan (with a Conception reunion that would be very interesting :) )
12. Dead Soul Tribe (w/ guest apperances from ex-Psychotic Waltz members :) )

Neohaber said:
It's not really that big a deal...there's a possibility his injury won't even affect the scheduled US Tour.

The Barlow idea is just wishful thinking, I guess.
no, but rescheduling the entire european tour might affect progpower availability, though if he already committed to be there, it's a moot point because i'm sure he'll honor it, so nevermind. the injury happened after the progpower lineup was finalized so it can't realistically have any affect on the lineup one way or the other.

Ryan