Predictions for remaining 4 bands...

I'm thinkin:

Openers- Pyramaze and someone else (did we decide Riverside isn't playing?)
Headliners- Rhapsody and Ayreon

That's right. I'll be insane and pick Ayreon.

And in response to the PoS side-conversation going on here, I think Negrock brings up some very good points, especially about the feeling PoS puts into their music. And your english was great until the word 'explainful' ;)

AMBR said:
heh, heh, I feel your pain.

Ok, this is my final prediction (before Monday, that is):
Opener Friday - Pyramaze
Second band Fri. - Cea Serin, the U.S. band
Saturday's 4th band - Masterplan
Saturday headliner - um....this is the tough one....Rob Rock's Rage of Creation

That's it! I'm sticking to that.....til Monday.

Id be happy with that :)

NegrocK_SyX said:
I think the ppl doesn't like POS is just because they aren't into other styles of music besides Prog / Metal... well IMO. I love POS and maybe is because my tastes in music are very weird I can go from Electronic/Chill out/Ambient passing also into Jazz/Bossanova/Fusion to Extreme/Black.. so.. I love how they mix all kind of sounds, is very interesting and original, even though they sound more prog than anything... another proof is like if you enjoyed their Latest CD "BE" then you'll love their previouse releases blindly, (IMO) they have alot of Feeling and they seem to enjoy very very much what they do... you can catch that. If you are a Pink Floyd fan you may know what I'm talking about.. its all about feeling and ofcourse it's linked to their good musicianship ... well that's only My opinion ;)

PS : sorry my poor english.. I tried to be very explainful (i dunno if this word even exist LOL)
Greetings! :wave:

I love POS! They along with brainstorm and Tad Morose were my main reasons for going last year! I even bought a 2nd copy of "be" which I gave to my Mom. She loves it! I had made a 2 cd POS compilation cd of the rest of their material and she plays it in her car on way to/from work:headbang:

While I do like Fast as a Shark, my argument has always been that the best Accept meterial is off the 3 albums that came after. These songs never got mainstream popularity in the US. SOme of the solos that Wolf pulls off on those albums send shivers down my spine.

I must also say I'm not some old dude trying to be nostalgic since I was only 4 years old when Balls to the Wall came out. I love this band and at the last Prog Power I probably discussed my feelings that they should play a ProgPower (this was before their recent reunion) because I really think they would go down well and I think that if they were to play there it would likely be their only US appearance and I think Glenn enjoys having exclusives. Maybe we'll get lucky and they will be announced yet.

But, thanks for a good lively debate!

Back to the Accept thing. I am not putting down Accept. The first time I heard Accept was a song called "Fast as a Shark". At the time I was listening to things like Judas Priest " Point of Entry". The double bass drum on Fast as a shark pinned my ears back. It was inpressive. 20 Years later it just doesn't stand the test of time.

What may seem like a small concert with deep underground bands that apear to be a speck on the map of music to some, it is a dream come true for a few elite fans to see a few elite bands. With Glen at the helm, may those few bands turn into many.[/QUOTE]

BenJAMin said:
While I do like Fast as a Shark, my argument has always been that the best Accept meterial is off the 3 albums that came after. These songs never got mainstream popularity in the US. SOme of the solos that Wolf pulls off on those albums send shivers down my spine.

I must also say I'm not some old dude trying to be nostalgic since I was only 4 years old when Balls to the Wall came out. I love this band and at the last Prog Power I probably discussed my feelings that they should play a ProgPower (this was before their recent reunion) because I really think they would go down well and I think that if they were to play there it would likely be their only US appearance and I think Glenn enjoys having exclusives. Maybe we'll get lucky and they will be announced yet.

But, thanks for a good lively debate!

Back to the Accept thing. I am not putting down Accept. The first time I heard Accept was a song called "Fast as a Shark". At the time I was listening to things like Judas Priest " Point of Entry". The double bass drum on Fast as a shark pinned my ears back. It was inpressive. 20 Years later it just doesn't stand the test of time.

What may seem like a small concert with deep underground bands that apear to be a speck on the map of music to some, it is a dream come true for a few elite fans to see a few elite bands. With Glen at the helm, may those few bands turn into many.
[/QUOTE]

Pumpkin, no one in this forum appreciates you more than I. I do enjoy the early Accpet as they did incorporate fast double bass in their music and had a great raw aggression that could be appreciated by many. Having said that, though BttW was certified Gold in the US (and many other countries) they really (especially Wolf as a guitarist) hit their stride in "Metal Heart".
Accept won't be playing this year at PPVI, but I am tickled to death to meet such a big fan of them as you. We can always kidnapp Glenn and make his ransom whatever it takes to make Accept a headliner for PPVII. >:p~ Just joking of course, but I will be at PPVI and will still enjoy it as always. I hope to meet you there.

Bryant

At Vance, Balance of Power, or Oliver Hartman would be very cool to add to the bill.

I'm too confused to remember if there still is going to be a returning band, but if there is, it may be BOP. Of course, Mercenary would be just awesome.

I can't imagine Mercenary being a headliner, so if they are going to play, there's a good chance they will be announced this week unless Glenn only announces the two opening slots for Saturday. I think Glenn would want to generate more immediate buzz by announcing at least one of the two remaining big bands this week instead of waiting to reveal both big bands next week. In all likelyhood, Friday's headliner won't be announced until next week.

Today he's only announcing the two opening bands. And at this point, there aren't any returning bands, and won't be unless the Friday headliner doesn't get booked.

Maybe Glenn could become a tiny god and get Sentenced to play in the US before they break up? I know they're not a perfect fit... but I mean... they're breaking up! And I'll never get to see them because I don't live in Europe!

Come on, you got old Savatage back together, you can make Sentenced stay together a little longer.

<3 Glenn

Barking Pumpkin said:
Today he's only announcing the two opening bands. And at this point, there aren't any returning bands, and won't be unless the Friday headliner doesn't get booked.

Thanks for the clarification guys. I'm looking forward to later tonight. :hotjump:

Let me revise my original predictions:

openers on Saturday:
1. Watchtower (opener)
2. Conception

headliners on Friday:
1. Iced Earth (to replace original headliner of Angra)
2. Helloween (main headliner)

Ninkasi said:
Let me revise my original predictions:

openers on Saturday:
1. Watchtower (opener)
2. Conception

headliners on Friday:
1. Iced Earth (to replace original headliner of Angra)
2. Helloween (main headliner)
A Conception reunion would be a headline slot. That would rule, by the way... :worship: