PPVIII predictions for the remaining slots...

If I had been in line for a PS3, I would probably be even more tired than I am now, with all that money to count from the ebay auction. :p

LMAO same here man. I wish I had gotten in line and bought one of those so I could sell it on ebay afterwards. I saw some going for over 2500 bucks!!

Friday:
#1 Raintime
#2 Highland Glory
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Blind Guardian

Saturday:
#1 Manigance
#2 Steel Prophet
#3 Mesmerize
#4 Firewind
#5 Dream Theater

Yeah, but weren't all your big "buzz" bands in the lower slots(Freak Kitchen, Pyramaze, Vision Divine)?

You know, I'd have to go back and read through all the old threads before this year's show, but it seemed to me that there wasn't a lot of buzz about Freak Kitchen, especially compare to the other two bands named. In fact, there seemed to be a lot of negative buzz about them. Which made it so much more cool when FK took the stage this year and had the audience mesmerized almost from the opening song. I never doubted that they would kill (though I did not expect them to be as good as they were), and have been happy to hear from various people over the last couple of months how they went in expecting to watch one song and then go get a beer, and instead wished the set was longer.

This is why I give every band a chance at PP. You never know who will end up blowing you away, even if you don't particularly like their studio output.

As for predictions, I have no idea, though I think a lot of these lists have too many repeats on them. As much as I'd like to see Vanden Plas and Pagan's Mind, I doubt we'd get both of them in the same year. Anyway, about the only thing I can predict accurately is that my cats will yowl for food whenever I get near the kitchen...

dt

This seems to be a misunderstanding then. By the "Symphony" I understood a whole orchestra. A string quartet is definitely possible.

My bad. I forgot Evergrey was just strings. But, I believe with a little effort, you can get half of the symphony in. Let's face it, would you not want to be a sardine for once in your life if it meant seeing Nightwish with the Atlanta Symphony?

My bad. I forgot Evergrey was just strings. But, I believe with a little effort, you can get half of the symphony in. Let's face it, would you not want to be a sardine for once in your life if it meant seeing Nightwish with the Atlanta Symphony?

That be a sacrifice I'd be more than willing to make.

I'm not sure about the Symphony's musicians though. But I agree with you that with a little effort something could be done. I am happy with enough musicians to do Ghost Love Score.

well,i dont like Nightwish.so no.I would not want to be a sardine to see them,with or without a symphony

You have your #2 and #4 slots mixed up.

OK, fixed. Do you like this way better?

Friday:
#1 Raintime
#2 Virgin Steele
#3 Redemption
#4 Highland Glory
#5 Blind Guardian

Saturday:
#1 Manigance
#2 Firewind
#3 Mesmerize
#4 Steel Prophet
#5 Dream Theater

OK, fixed. Do you like this way better?

Friday:
#1 Raintime
#2 Virgin Steele
#3 Redemption
#4 Highland Glory
#5 Blind Guardian

Saturday:
#1 Manigance
#2 Firewind
#3 Mesmerize
#4 Steel Prophet
#5 Dream Theater

I was letting you know because I enjoy reading people's predictions, and bands like Highland Glory and Steel Prophet are in no way #4 slots, so I figured you would change your post. No need to be an ass about it.

Friday:
#1 Nevermore
#2 Symphony X
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday:
#1 Iced Earth
#2 Kamelot
#3 Pagan's Mind
#4 Firewind
#5 Theocracy

You mispelled "NeverAgain," dude...... :lol:

=-=-=--

Missing PP merely because you were closing on a house? Weak!

Last year I closed on my house, collected the keys, and promptly left for Dragon*Con, 40 miles to the south in Atlanta. Didn't go back up to my shiny new abode for almost a week. :lol: (Granted, it felt weird to be a first-time homeowner surrounded by Imperial stomtroopers....and worse. :) )

One thing you need to consider when making an actual "prediction" vs. a "a forum popularity list" is that I catered specifically to this forum last year in terms of wants/predictions and did not sell-out for the first time in four years. That's not an experience I care to repeat.

Glenn, I don't know if you can answer without giving anything away, but what constitutes the difference in your approach? What specifically did you do last year in your selections that you aren't doing this year? Is it just that you payed more attention to the wish lists, or something else?

Steve in Philly

Missing PP merely because you were closing on a house? Weak!

Last year I closed on my house, collected the keys, and promptly left for Dragon*Con, 40 miles to the south in Atlanta. Didn't go back up to my shiny new abode for almost a week. :lol: (Granted, it felt weird to be a first-time homeowner surrounded by Imperial stomtroopers....and worse. :) )

Hey, that's only 40 miles for you. If it was that close I probably would have gone. Not needing a plane ticket cuts a lot of costs. I would have had a 3 hr plane ride and missed most of Friday. :cry:

Glenn, I don't know if you can answer without giving anything away, but what constitutes the difference in your approach? What specifically did you do last year in your selections that you aren't doing this year? Is it just that you payed more attention to the wish lists, or something else?

Steve in Philly

That's a tough question to answer at the moment. What I can tell you is that I paid more attention and did more searches on several high traffic forums outside of Ultimate Metal and Perpetual Motion. I also actually checked out some Soundscan numbers here in the U.S. and hit up a few vendors on the popularity of sales for recent releases.

I'll answer this question again later on.

That's a tough question to answer at the moment. What I can tell you is that I paid more attention and did more searches on several high traffic forums outside of Ultimate Metal and Perpetual Motion. I also actually checked out some Soundscan numbers here in the U.S. and hit up a few vendors on the popularity of sales for recent releases.

I'll answer this question again later on.

Excellent - I'll be looking forward to the full answer once all is revealed! Perhaps at that time you can list some of those forums so we have somewhere else to look for music info.

Thanks, and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Steve in Philly

I was letting you know because I enjoy reading people's predictions, and bands like Highland Glory and Steel Prophet are in no way #4 slots, so I figured you would change your post. No need to be an ass about it.

I try to figure who is the ass here:

a) I don't recall call you names
b) Originally neither of those bands where in #4 (being #5 the last one or headliner as it's call), bu you didn't like the slots so I change them. Now you don't like them either so make up your mind.

One thing you need to consider when making an actual "prediction" vs. a "a forum popularity list" is that I catered specifically to this forum last year in terms of wants/predictions and did not sell-out for the first time in four years. That's not an experience I care to repeat.

Well thats good Because I don't agree with most people here...:lol:
Just pay attention to my posts HAHA!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :kickass: