PPVIII predictions for the remaining slots...

That is just the problem....It was NOT a wishlist item. If it was a wishlist, I would have said Apocalyptica as the headliner instead of Dream Evil, with Seraphim replacing VoA on Friday, and Australia's Virgin Black as the 3 spot on Saturday.

Peace,
Ray C.

My prediction? Well im hoping Eternity X will be on this year's bill. i was talkin with my dad and he said if eternity x come this year then he's sold and he will undoubtedly come to PP8. and i would just plain go like this:worship:

Friday:
#1 Gamma Ray
#2 Vanden Plas
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday:
#1 After Forever
#2 Brainstorm
#3 Dead Soul Tribe
#4 Firewind
#5 Communic

Definitely not a wish list, just my best guess.

Zod

Friday:
#1 Gamma Ray
#2 Vanden Plas
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday:
#1 After Forever
#2 Brainstorm
#3 Dead Soul Tribe
#4 Firewind
#5 Communic

Definitely not a wish list, just my best guess.

Zod

Sounds like an ok list but...

Glenn has said that DST will not play. Unless you know something G man is not telling us--and I hope you are right!

Vanden Plas will probably headline if they come back, they deserve it..

I would love to see After Forever and Brainstorm, but there is no way that After Forever headlines over Brainstorm. In fact, how could After Forever get anything higher than second slot?.

And please remember Pagan's Mind.

I do not live on these forums so please bear with me. Has SymphX been cut out completely from the show next year? They have a new album coming out and deserve to be here...More than Gamma Ray IMO.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Silenct Force. I felt they were very impressive at PPIII and they do have a new album that will be out in early 2007 (Walk the Earth).

Nightwish with the Atlanta Symphony

Can they fit the Symphony in the stage??? Make no mistake, it would be awesome, but I don't think there is enough room.

I would have said Apocalyptica as the headliner

I will never tire of saying this. Apocalyptica HAS to appear on PP stage sooner or later. I don't care the slot, but there should be a strong case for at least a #3 spot. Even pre-party is good.

I don't recall anyone making a case for Cellador. I think Avian could also make it to the line up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeps
Friday:
#1 Jon Oliva's Pain
#2 Brainstorm
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Jon Oliva's Pain is playing PP Europe on the same w.e. No way is he playing Atlanta too

JOP is absolutely available to play on Friday. We don't play PP Europe until late Sunday night!...:loco:

Friday:
#1 Vanden Plas
#2 Pagan's Mind
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday:
#1 Iced Earth
#2 Labyrinth
#3 Astral Doors
#4 Firewind
#5 Platitude

Edit: I originally thought about Vicious Rumors for the main gig, but maybe they could better serve headlining the showcase.

Damn...all those votes for Vanden Plas and only Ascension has them headlining?!?!? I too believe they are true headlining material. With their body of work and talant...

#1 Vanden Plas
#2 Pagans Mind
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday:
#1 Primal Fear
#2 Brainstorm
#3 Enchant
#4 Firewind
#5 FIIK

One thing you need to consider when making an actual "prediction" vs. a "a forum popularity list" is that I catered specifically to this forum last year in terms of wants/predictions and did not sell-out for the first time in four years. That's not an experience I care to repeat.

Friday

#1 Therion
#2 Vanden Plas
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday

#1 Nightwish
#2 Symphony X
#3 Pretty Maids
#4 Firewind
#5 Communic

I will have to go with this list based on what Glenn said, granted this is just my prediction.

Damn, okay let me try again, as I have no life this week.

Friday

#1 Crimson Glory
#2 Vanden Plas
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday

#1 Nightwish
#2 Stream of Passion/Ayreon/StarOne
#3 Pretty Maids
#4 Firewind
#5 Communic