POETS OF THE FALL: Clearview

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
I know there are, or were, some fans of this band on the forum.... from Poets Of The Fall Facebook post :

POETS OF THE FALL, PRESS RELEASE (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE) MAY 26th 2016

"...The two year wait for a new Poets of the Fall album is almost over. The upcoming seventh studio album entitled Clearview will be released on September 30th 2016 worldwide.

The album will feature 10 new tracks. For the album, the band decided to team up with a producer for the first time in their history. Stefan Boman is one of the top producers in Europe, and became well known as the producer of the Swedish alternative rock band Kent in the 2000’s. “The sound of Clearview is a mix of grit and tenderness, it’s like a kiss and a punch in the face”, Boman reflects. The first single from Clearview will be entitled Drama for Life, which is set to be released on August 5th 2016....For more information about Poets of the Fall, visit the band’s official website at www.poetsofthefall.com ...."

From melodicrock.com noticeboard... new single "Drama For Life"

Reactions: Ixxtarra
Pretty good song. This album is a must buy for me. Still hoping they'll play the USA one day. My wife and I are huge fans.

Last edited:
Okay, I've had some time to dig around and check some stuff out by these guys, leading up to just this morning clicking on the YouTube link for the Live in Moscow show from 2013.

Holy shit. This is a GREAT fucking band. I'm almost ashamed of having never taken the time to investigate them. And this concert is what completely sold me. I liked most everything I had checked out on YouTube (and through other means), but I wasn't blown away by a complete disc of their tunes yet. This concert changed all that. No, it's not metal, but certainly hard rock bordering on metal, at times. Clearly there's lots of mellow stuff, too.
I would LOVE to see these guys in Atlanta. They would kill.

There's a small but vocal group of us that have been asking for Poets at PP for several years. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably only be able to see them in Europe. They weren't touring the last time I went, but I'm hoping to catch them next year.

Reactions: Kez