POLL THREAD -HELP - Are you seeing this on our front page?

DO YOU SEE SPINNING ALBUM COVERS ON OUR FIRST PAGE?

• HECK YEAH, THEY LOOK MEGA COOL!

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • UM...SORRY NO, ONLY SEE THE LOGO AND THE ENTER AT THE BOTTOM WITH A BIG BLANK IN THE MIDDLE.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

MEGALOUD

The Nightmare Has Begun..
just put up a new website, and on our front page, I'm not seeing some things that my webmaster is....wondering, how many other folks are not seeing what I'm not seeing.

If you guys can check the page on this link,

www.NightmareRecords.com

Then fill out this poll thread, it would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks,

Nightmare Forum
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/nightmare-records-436/

also if you feel like leaving some key info for the webmaster...like if your using a PC or MAC
and what browser your using that would be helpful as well ; )

Lance King

Sorry Lance, I can't see the spinning logos. FYI, I'm on the newest build of Firefox 3, and all of my drivers/gfx plugins are up to date.

Using Firefox 3, and no logos. Looking through the source code I noticed that the webmaster has table tags within the page's head section. That will cause things to break. Also, I tried looking up some of the src files that are specified in the .swf code - example: http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL686/6388600/flicks/1/4820090 - and some of these are returning 404 Not Found. That might also be causing some issues.

Hope this helps.

Doesn't work in FF3, but it does work in IE7. As someone said before, a quick glance at the source doesn't really leave me surprised that things don't work right. I'd hate to think that your webmaster only tests things in IE...

Just as kind of a side note, I would definitely suggest doing some optimizations as far as the load time on the actual site since it's extremely heavy and takes awhile even on a high speed connection. I have experience with that kind of stuff if you need any advice.

It's not working right on FF3 or Safari on OSX. The Enter link is covering the menu too.

Here's what I see:

20080729-1bpuwabicty38yy2bqn3eahe69.png

Yes, I see the spinning album covers. It all looks great.

PC

Windows XP SP3

Internet Explorer v 7.0.5730.11

Adobe Flash Player 9 v 9.0.124.0

1280x1024 resolution..logos and menus and such all line up perfectly (no overlap of Enter link or anything)

I can see it no problem in both browsers. For those who can't see it in Firefox, try cleaning your cache ;)

IE7 is no problem. FF2 required me to load the adobe plugin, then it worked fine. I don't have FF3.

Checked again (FF3 in Windows XP) and I see spinning CD covers. I'm assuming that's what was missing. There is still layout code (div and table tags) within the head which should be fixed.

Hmmm...interesting. I am not seeing layout code in the head. All I see is meta tags in that area, which is a good thing, so that the search engines will pick it up. I may be looking at it wrong though ;) Perhaps the webmaster already fixed it. Either way, it still looks great Lance!!

I looks great for me, running FF3 with everything up to date. Did your man fix it already? I feel like the only FF3 user here with positive results.