Pop ?

xFkx

gain induction
Mar 3, 2008
Poland
www.myspace.com
Dunno if there has been a thread on this. Anyone into pop ?

Since I play in a metal band, compose and do.. dunno.. metal stuff, i feel totaly oversaturated with metal most of the time, and then I indulge into my guilty pleasure... pop music:

This is my latest discovery (although in the pop world i think it's quite old)

So, anyone want to come out of the closet ? :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have nothing against anything so pop can be quite fine sometimes! I alternate between lots of things... can be pop, electronica, world music, funk, jazz etc.

There is only one thing I can't stand though and that's 80's heavy metal... yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :D I like Nevermore though because they actually realized they had to step it up and meet the modern times, so that kind of heavy metal is just fine.

Currently, my main "non-metal" genres are jazz, funk and hip hop :D

When it comes to hip hop, I only listen to stuff that is REALLY different from the shit I hear on TV. There were 2 guys in sweden in the 90's called "Två Blåbär", who made an album and it simply rocks. Their voices are so desperate and confused, I just love it :D

Sorry Erkan, 80s heavy metal (and 80s pop) is about all I'm into pop-wise; modern pop can eat all the penises in the land AFAIC!

But this shit's mah shit right here (only gets awesome once you get to the chorus)

I like Lady Sovereign, which is UK Grime, but it borders with Pop, in my opinion anyway. The English release of her album is far more grime-oriented than the american release. I'm a sucker for querky beats and a good bassline.

Sorry Erkan, 80s heavy metal (and 80s pop) is about all I'm into pop-wise; modern pop can eat all the penises in the land AFAIC!

It's OK dude, no one is trying to defend anything here... people can love or hate whatever they want, why would I care about that? :D

It's like I would say green is the "best" color in the world... what's the point :>

I never understand how a metalhead can ver oversaturated with metal, i mean, there are a lot of bands, albums, genres etc, no ofense xFkx, in fact im not talking about you or anything, maybe you don`t consider yourself a metalhead, is just about the topic, i fucking love metal, i`ve listening to metal about 17 years, and i never felt burned out or something with metal, is not about listening to pop, electronic or something else, that`s fine, and healthy, but metal is so versatile that basically you cannot get saturated, call me closed minded, but is something i cannot understand.

i`ve seen a lot of "Metal dudes" saying "Metal has nothing to give me anymore", or "theres nothing new or fresh in metal", but this are the type of guys who for them all metal resumes in Pantera, and anything that sound like that. so when they get saturated by that sound, they just don`t like metal anymore. Again i love Pantera and nothing against them.

I love 80`s pop, 70`s Rock and pop etc., im fine with listening to other things, im not one of those guys who screams "Poser!!" to everyone, but i consider myself a Metalhead to the core, so if someone is getting burned with metal it`s because is just leaving his/her system, it was just temporal, or just like metal because you hear all kinds of music.

Kurwa, yaspriedalai or whatever. you'll get a lot of answer. i think most of the people want to hear something different and super melodic.
it's not about being oversaturated with metal. it's just that you want to hear music that brings a different vibe. its nothing but natural.

this what I like :

and live :

I admit it, i love Michael Jackson, and i have been lovin' him since i was so young that he loved me too! :lol:

Seriously though, im bummed out that i dont have tickets for his final concerts. :(

you'll get a lot of answer. i think most of the people what to hear something different and super melodic.

Theres a lot of melodic and diferent stuff in metal.

That`s not my point, you can always hear pop, and at the same time hear Metal, i just don`t get how can someone get saturated with music.

Edit:
I agree with you in your edit, totally.

I love pop.

Angels and Airwaves, Kelly Clarkson, I hate to say it but Jason Mraz, Katy Perry, Sara Bareilles, Paramore, I'll put Evanescence, Four Year strong is like POP hardcore, I like Nelly Furtado, fuckin, old school on some like Bananarama , and last but not least WU TANG CLAN.

I feel like we have these threads every now and agian and everyone comes out the woodwork.

Pop is great but very short-lived for me.. its usually just the vocals that make the song, and when you get over the initial catchiness then the song gets boring imo. Whereas other genres have lots of stuff going on and last much longer.

That said, Paramore and Evanescence (Fallen album only though) rule.

Kurwa, yaspriedalai or whatever. you'll get a lot of answer. i think most of the people want to hear something different and super melodic.
it's not about being oversaturated with metal. it's just that you want to hear music that brings a different vibe. its nothing but natural.

this what I like :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrnsq7l8I4

and live :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiqIBiucjYk

Dude fuck yes!

All I have to say is love it or hate, you have to admit crowd reaction like that 2nd vid must feel amazing.

OOOOOOOH I LOVE PARAMORE *screams like a little girl*

Uh, yeah, i guess i'm not a metalhead, that might be the answer, but metal is my main music anyhow.

I Love Pop for fun times like someone else mentioned some of the songs can be short lived but still :kickass: especially driving home from work on a friday

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjWPyDMk8k8&feature=related[/ame]

Best thing about pop is the selection sooooooo many artists to choose from

Love Michael Jackson. Dangerous in my opinion is one of the greatest albums ever, song and mix wise.

I'm big into Timbaland too. So the fact that Timbaland and Chris Cornell have just put out an album together is just swell in my opinion. Fucking KILLER album too.

Lady Gaga's 'Fame' is hawt. RedOne is the producer/song writer (on like 7 tracks, which happen to be the best tracks), distinctive awesome sound. Love it.

Justim Timberlake's album with Timbaland was fucking SWEET too, aswell as Timbalands solo project 'Shock Value'.

Britney Spears 'Blackout' album is absolutely awesome also. The production/songs are top notch.

I love pop, pop rock, and radio rock, and would love to produce for anyone in any of the three, in all honesty.

Favs: Barenaked Ladies, Paramore, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Sara Bareilles, Four Year Strong, Justin Timberlake, Paramore, The Spill Canvas, The Starting Line, Breaking Benjamin, Nickelback, One Republic, John Mayer, Head Automatica, Jimmy Eat World, The Fray, Lady GaGa, Christina Aguilera, Dark New Day, Jack's Mannequin, MGMT, The Postal Service, Story of the Year, 30 Seconds to Mars, etc...