Possible Solution for Camera Issues

scooterSST

Feb 3, 2004
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com
Glenn,

this may be a solution for camera issues. Create a "press pass", it must be bought, and must be worn inside the venue at all times.

At the time of purchase, the potential camera user states what type of camera he or she uses, passes are automatically denied to those using digital cameras capable of any type of movie recording.

By purchasing a press pass the user is willing to subject themselves to random searches and inspection of digital equipment.

Anyone caught using a camera of any type without a press pass for any reason will be ejected from the venue, anyone caught using someone elses press pass or bringing in unauthorized equipment will be ejected and barred from future events.

It's a thought, 'cause bootlegger's suck and those of us who fancy ourselves as amateur photographers, would like to still be able to bring in our gear.

scooterSST said:
ehh... I thought I'd pitch it out there. I use a digital SLR (single lens reflex) camera, and it'd suck not to be able to bring it with me.
If you think about it, Glenn would have to read up on every camera, to learn what it's capable of. Then he'd have to check that the camera you brought, was the camera you said you were going to bring.

Zod

General Zod said:
If you think about it, Glenn would have to read up on every camera, to learn what it's capable of. Then he'd have to check that the camera you brought, was the camera you said you were going to bring.

Zod

Someone would, and you'd pick up your press pass just like the gold badges work. And present the camera in question at that time.

Like I said it's an idea,

With today's Digital Camera technology, the only way to prevent Digital Camera bootlegging is to prevent Digital Camera entry. Seriously - your idea would help prevent some bootlegging, but not all. As long as digital cameras are permitted anywhere outside the photo pit, someone will find a way to bootleg.

What worries me even more though is the ever growing cell phone technology. Camera recording capabilities are now possible on cell phones as well. I see cell phones with picture taking capabilities being banned in the future as well, however, it is much harder to prevent their entry.

I can't speak for anyone but myself on this, but I don't really see cell phones as a threat. You're not going to get an hour set video recording on a cell phone, which is really what the issue is. You don't sell a four minute cell phone video clip on Ebay.

Barking Pumpkin said:
I can't speak for anyone but myself on this, but I don't really see cell phones as a threat. You're not going to get an hour set video recording on a cell phone, which is really what the issue is. You don't sell a four minute cell phone video clip on Ebay.

Not only that, but the quality just doesn't justify it....yet.

So what you're saying is "let's go back to 1984 style cameras for your pictures from a multi-hundered dollar weekend"? Um, I'm not sure about that solution.

dr00b said:
My digital camera can get 2 minutes max on a video clip, with the mic as small as it is, who the hell would want a friggen soundless movie anyways?

CAMERA is the name of the product, to use my CAMERA on things I like to take PICTURES of.

Lame.. :(

The point isn't the video you can get on a digital camera. The reasoning is that digital cameras AND video cameras have both advanced so far that it's too hard to be able to tell the difference, and allowing them makes it a whole lot easier for tapers to get away with it, because there are like 30 camera screens on the floor at any given time and they all look like they could be video cameras.

I don't mind not having my digital camera as my old fashion traditional camera will work fine enough.:Spin:

I bet some people are so young enough to remember we survived quite nicely before the internet and cell phones.:Smug:

tattooedsean666 said:
I don't mind not having my digital camera as my old fashion traditional camera will work fine enough.:Spin:

I bet some people are so young enough to remember we survived quite nicely before the internet and cell phones.:Smug:

Yeah, I do.. the problem is that the two film SLR's that I have, I can't find lenses/parts for anymore, neither one is terribly reliable and I'll dump several hundred dollars in film, in order to acheve the number of shot's I'll get by shooting until the 512 mb card is full, dumping it to my laptop and starting over.

HEY ASSHOLES! Quit chewing Glenn's ass about something he's NOT gonna reconsider! You wanna bitch and whine? Then I've got a better idea than wasting energy crying in this forum... find these bootleggers when they're selling their shit on eBay, and REPORT THEIR ASSES TO GLENN, EBAY AND THE FCC!!! Cuz whining about this shit ain't changing a fuckin thing!!!

Cameras at ProgPower are a PRIVILEDGE! Not a RIGHT!

Now everybody fuck off!!!

Bryan316 said:
HEY ASSHOLES! Quit chewing Glenn's ass about something he's NOT gonna reconsider! You wanna bitch and whine? Then I've got a better idea than wasting energy crying in this forum... find these bootleggers when they're selling their shit on eBay, and REPORT THEIR ASSES TO GLENN, EBAY AND THE FCC!!! Cuz whining about this shit ain't changing a fuckin thing!!!

Hey Jackass, no shit, I was simply offering a possible solution. Believe me if I do see these dirtbags selling their shit on ebay i'll be the first one to report 'em. Nobody's whining except you about this thread.

Bryan316 said:

Now that's our Bryan... LOL :tickled: