PP 3 Hotel question

ScottC

Mar 5, 2002
Burlington, NC
Visit site
I just booked my room at the Granada Suites. I remember reading about a hotel that messed up some reservations on the pm board. I just wanted to make sure that this hotel wasn't the one. Another tidbit of info is that no two bed rooms are left!!
I had to get a single for $109 a night. I'm glad I went ahead and reserved it though because I may have been stuck sleeping in the car:)

Anyway, the next 8 months will be looong for me. I can't wait to get to see the great bands in store for us.

Later guys,
ScottC.

Wait a minute... no two-bedrooms are left near the venue eight months in advance? Or just for that one hotel? That's crazy. I wasn't going to start booking rooms or looking for flights for months.

Sorry for the scare:) That is just for the Granada Suites as Glenn said. I have since cancelled there and booked at the Fairfield, since Teri gave me the scoop on everything. It's cheaper and a lot of the other pm'ers will be there.

BTW, I would go ahead and get a room if I were you. With that killer line-up, I'm sure the hotels will fill up quick. Glenn is putting on one heck-of-a show:)

Later

Originally posted by Wishmaster
Apparently just you, dude :) Don't worry, though, the Fairfield isn't too far a walk from there. :)

--Mike

I stayed at the Fairfeild last year and to honest with you it was one of the worst Hotels I have ever stayed in. The room was filthy, the lost my reservation and had to put me in a non-smoking room, housekeeping was no where in sight. I will not make the same mistake this year, I have a jacuzzi suite reserved ar the Granada

I Stayed at the Fairfield last year and to honest with you it was one of the worst Hotels I have ever stayed in

DON'T BE SAYING THAT-I got a suite there so hopefully service will be better. Lance (BofP) said he really liked it there. As long as the fridge keeps the beer cold that's the main thing. Besides it's not like were going to SLEEP!

John

All this talk about the Granada Suites and the Fairfield...is anybody staying at the Hampton besides me? It's not too far away to walk to and from, and it's cheaper than either of the other two. (Does this mean it will be nice and quiet should I decide to actually go there and sleep? hehe)
Just curious...

:cool:

Alicia

I tried the Hampton website but it was having problems. So I also went with the Fairfield. Which I guess is ok since there's going to be sleeping going on at the Hampton. :rolleyes:

You picked the right one if you want to be where the most is happening. They have get togethers in the lunch/breakfast room for all kinds of reasons. I don't know which hotel screwed up reservations....but this is the most expensive one so I hope not!
Right when Glenn Harveston posted the lineup I called to Granada Suites and before I said anything the lady said "let me guess....you want a room for the 14, 15th and 16th of Nov. right?" Hahahahah.....you guessed it baby!

Originally posted by zinescene

DON'T BE SAYING THAT-I got a suite there so hopefully service will be better. Lance (BofP) said he really liked it there. As long as the fridge keeps the beer cold that's the main thing. Besides it's not like were going to SLEEP!

John

Exactly! All of Balance of Power stayed at the Fairfield and enjoyed it. I know because I'm the one who put them there :D Besides, like you said, who sleeps at these things, anyways??? :)

--Mike

I loved the place last year and the area it was in...I got an Apartment reserved,I am bringing 3 friends with me,Pooch (Imagikafan) and Henry and Elena from Imagika...Its going to be a PARTY!!!!!!!!!

Bear

Originally posted by Bear
I loved the place last year and the area it was in...I got an Apartment reserved,I am bringing 3 friends with me,Pooch (Imagikafan) and Henry and Elena from Imagika...Its going to be a PARTY!!!!!!!!!

OHhhhhhh YYEEAHahhh...... :headbang:

I almost forgot.....Bear will be opening his new bar in his Apt. at the Ganada Suites!!! I think it's going to be called "BEAR'S BEER GARDEN" ?!?!
:devil:

yup...I'm there!
Barkeep!!!!

Dustin

Looks like I may be staying at the Hampton Inn. I was planning on staying at the Granada Suite until I saw their Thursday night rate -- $149? Ouch. I found a package deal that includes airfaire from LA and 3 nights at the Hampton for a pretty reasonable price. All of those hotels nearby are within walking distance though, so it doesn't make much of a difference!

Originally posted by Morpheus75
Looks like I may be staying at the Hampton Inn. I was planning on staying at the Granada Suite until I saw their Thursday night rate -- $149? Ouch. I found a package deal that includes airfaire from LA and 3 nights at the Hampton for a pretty reasonable price. All of those hotels nearby are within walking distance though, so it doesn't make much of a difference!

I'm going thru L.A. too, what day are you flying out?