Vanden Plas
Sonata Arctica

Sat Night:

Cloudscape
Firewind
Sun Caged
Dream Evil
Symphony X

FATES WARNING is of course, first. In a related musical wish list tangent, ENGINE or OSI are likewise acceptable. I know the ODDS for any of these are slim to none, so...

Here's a few more: Enchant (hell YEAH), Redemption (obviously), Lacuna Coil (hey, it COULD happen, you know...), anything with Lalu - Hubi Meisel or Lalu, Venturia, Lethal, Cynic, Crimson Glory, Vicious Rumors, Vanden Plas and sure, why not, Rhapsody.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty good list right there.

Edguy
Crystal Eyes (/w Daniel Heiman)
Freedom Call
Labyrinth
Heavenly
Steel Attack
Adagio
Lordi
Custard
Wizard
Lost Horizon
Dawn Rider
Wizard's Hymm (Japanese powermetal band)

Most likely never to happen
----------------------------------
Avantasia
Ayreon
White Skull /w Frederica De Boni (just to do Tales from the North)

Damn, only three days removed and everyone wants more, me included. So okay here it is.

Pre-Party

Meyvn
Spheric Univerise Experience
Pyramaze
Freak Kitchen

Friday

Cloudscape
Notural Rites
Redemption
Orphaned Land
NIGHTWISH

Saturday

Scar Symmetry
Mindflow
Vanden Plas
Therion
Symphony X

Question: Why do so many people want bands that have already played the fest, when there are so many bands who haven't?

Anyhow, here are some that I think would benefit from playing such a fest:
Wolf
Power Quest
Machine Men
Metalium
Dionysus
Luca Turilli - Solo (with Olaf there, you can have Dionysus play the other night)

And if you must have Symphony X, what about getting Arjen to come and do Star One?

Ram-Zet (they should have a new album out by next ProgPower, and would be a perfect oddball band for this fest)
Symphony X (new album out by then, and they're about due for a return)
Crimson Glory
Tarot
Enertia (should have a new disc out by then, and after their excellent, high-energy pre-party show, they're about due as well)

Other than that... I'll let Harv decide the rest. ;)

LOL, AMBR

to have Tarot and Nightwish at the same festival.

-----------------------------------------------

I'd start naming various female bands, like Edenbridge (what a score that would be), etc., but I don't think Glenn would book more than one female band per year for some reason.
:loco:

Jasonic said:
And if you must have Symphony X, what about getting Arjen to come and do Star One?

Stream of Passion seems to be where Arjen's focus is these days. Plus, SoP could touch on ALL Arjen material, as they proved on the SoP DVD. Now if Russell was there with SX, he'd have to come out for a few songs. That would bring the house down.

DETHKLOK

skwisgaarvd3.gif

^^^^^^ :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'd like to see Benedictum play the preparty (Shane I'll get something to you)

I've been chatting with Matt Sinner to get Primal Fear in for next year festivities., I've put him in touch with Shane and of course hope that it will all work out! :headbang:

Andromeda
Wolverine
Heavenly
Sonata Arctica
Orphaned Land (or is it every 2 years now before bands can return?)
Iced Earth
Riverside
Nightingale

Not really big bands besides Sonata and Iced Earth, but those are my top choices at the moment.

Pretty much no chance of these, but would like to see:

James LaBrie solo
O.S.I.

sinerchris said:
LOL, AMBR

to have Tarot and Nightwish at the same festival.

-----------------------------------------------

I'd start naming various female bands, like Edenbridge (what a score that would be), etc., but I don't think Glenn would book more than one female band per year for some reason.
:loco:
Marco can handle it! :headbang: Just put them on different nights. They have totally different sound and wouldn't it save money to import one bass player/vocalist instead of two? Hey, we're all entitled to dream! :loco:

Okay, here's my proposed PP. My rules were:

• no more than three repeaters (although that rule isn't really in place anymore)
  • Not just picking my personal favorite bands, but picking ones that would be realistic and affordable
  • Picking a mix of Prog and Power
  • Leaving a spot or two blank, since Glenn usually comes up with something new and different

Virgin Steele - 5th - Power
Threshold - 4th - Prog
Redemption - 3rd - Prog
Falconer - 2nd - Power
Unknown Prog band - 1st

Sonata Arctica - 5th - Power
Lana Lane - 4rd - Prog
Unknown Third band - Power
Wolverine - 2nd - Prog
Cloudscape - 1st - Power

To my not-very-objective eyes, this looks like an affordable mix of prog (5 of each). I don't know if it would have a "WOW" factor, but it does have some bands that have been often requested (Redemption, Sonata, Wolverine).

Steve in Philly