PP XII Lineup - Your Breakdown

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Palabra's other thread (his "why is next year's PP gonna rock) made me wonder exactly who people wanna see the most. So I figured I would start a thread and get everyone's choices.

Here are mine, beginning with Thursday:

Vanden Plas: Will watch them from beginning to end.

Evergrey: Hopefully the setlist will be good. That being said, it's been a real long time since I've last seen them. I will most likely watch the whole set.

Creation's End: I'm looking forward to seeing them, though I feel by then I will have seen them quite a few times. ;)

Voyager: Wanna watch the whole set.

Eldritch: I will be honest here. I have tried getting into them many times, and haven't been able to. I'll give them a shot, but it'll most likely be dinner band for me.

Mob Rules: Should watch most of their set, if not all. I like the band, but am not a huge fan.

Arcturus: This is going to be intriguing. An experience, to say the least. Full set.

Sanctuary: On the rail.

Haken: Will watch most of it. It depends on how much progtience I have that afternoon.

While Heaven Wept: On the rail.

Red Circuit: Same as Eldritch. If they don't win me over in two songs, they won't.

Labyrinth: On the rail.

Dream Evil: If I'm drunk, it may be awesome. If I'm totally sober, I'll be in and out.

Therion: Again, it depends on how tired I'll be and how much patience I have for the (sometimes) annoying opera vocals they throw in. Then again, the moment they play Sons of the Staves of Time, I'll be going fucking nuts!!!!

Vanden Plas: Will watch them from beginning to end.

Evergrey: I'm probably one of the few who hasn't seen them at PP. I saw them open for Iced Earth and Children Of Bodom but it was a short set. So like Vanden Plas, I'll be there for the duration.

Creation's End: Based on their style of music, I should love them. But when I listened to the CD I was highly dissapointed. I love prog and can appreciate various time changes and textures throughout a song, but I felt like the album was all over the place. It was like they strung a bunch of riffs and melodies together that really didn't mesh well. Plus I couldn't stand the drumming, this is an example of a drummer playing busy just to be busy. Very awkward playing IMO. Despite all the negatives I will give them a listen live and see how the music comes across in that setting.

Voyager: I dig these guys and will watch the whole set. I only wish they would bring the heavy more!

Eldritch: I dig these guys and have heard that they really bring it live, so I am looking forward to their set.

Mob Rules: I'm not that familiar with their stuff, but the little I have heard I like. I'll be checking them out more prior to the show and based on what I think will determine how much of them I watch.

Arcturus: I have two of their albums. Interesting stuff to say the least. I'll watch the whole set just for the entertainment value if nothing else.

Sanctuary: Whole set for sure. Although I still would prefer Nevermore :)

Haken: Not a big fan, too melodic for my tastes. Will watch a little bit to see how they are live, but more than likely in the vendor room or grabbing some grub.

While Heaven Wept: Not my cup of tea at all. Will give them a shot live, but again probably the vendor room or food time.

Red Circuit: Whole set. I have both their albums and I dig them lots. Especially the new one.

Labyrinth: Whole set, love all their stuff.

Dream Evil: Most anticipated band for me. It's about friggin' time they made it to Atlanta!

Therion: Never had the opportunity to see them, but love them so this one's a no-brainer!

PP XII Lineup - Your Breakdown

Vanden Plas: Looking forward to this show, this is a band that's taken a long time to grow on me and i'm looking foward to hearing it.

Evergrey: Seen them 3 times but it's been forever so I'm looking forward to hearing them again

Creation's End: Want to see what the buzz is about

Voyager: Same as Creations End

Eldritch: Have a hard time listening to more than a few songs by them but I'll give em a shoht

Mob Rules: Same as Eldritch

Arcturus: I love what I've heard from these guys and look forward to thier live set.

Sanctuary: I've made the mistake of thinking the headliner will be ho-hum (ie left before Katatonia in Cleveland :( ) so I'm going to give them a fair shake before bailing.

Haken: not a big fan, but will check em out and then likely go CD shopping.

While Heaven Wept: On The rail...one of the main reasons I'm going.

Red Circuit: Same as Eldritch. If they don't win me over in two songs, they won't.

Labyrinth: Haven't listened to much Labyrinth so have to familiarize myself with them.

Dream Evil: See Eldritch/Mob Rules

Therion: they Slayed when they played ProgPower before and this is reason #2 I'm going. Cant wait!

Vanden Plas / Evergrey: Helluva pairing. I would see all of this.

Creation's End: Umm no

Voyager: meh, a little interest

Eldritch: They should have attended the fest years ago when they were more in their prime, love em but would miss them

Mob Rules: No interest

Arcturus: Doom is not my thing at all. Zero.

Sanctuary: A little interest for nostalgia sake, but not enough to attend

So, Friday is a pretty much a washout.

Haken: Interested due to the novelty

While Heaven Wept: Again doom not my thing, mealtime

Red Circuit: Chity should bring it, so wouldn't want to miss it

Labyrinth: Absolutely

Dream Evil: Maybe listen to a a few of the songs

Therion: Death metal not my thing either, symphonic or not , absolutely no interest, I would probably be gone halfway into DE's set

Due to only 2 bands I'm really interested in and one so-so, attendance is questionable on Sat.

Vanden Plas: Hopefully, this time for sure. It has been years since the last PP performance and I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Evergrey: Unfortunately, seeing them on all of their PP appearances and recent lackluster albums has really cooled me to them. I'm sure they will put on a good show, but I can't get excited over them.

Creation's End: No impression as of yet.

Voyager: Love the selection at the time and ended up picking up what I didn't have. Looking forward to it.

Eldritch: I just can't get into these guys.

Mob Rules: No idea.

Arcturus: I always enjoy the oddball selections Glenn comes up with.

Sanctuary: To be honest, I hadn't heard of them before the announcement. Problem is, I'm not a fan of Warrell Dane. Course, it isn't Nevermore so it could be good, but who knows?

Haken: Clips sounded interesting.

While Heaven Wept: Got into them through Brave (Scott Loose gave me a sampler CD of songs that would be on "Of Empires Forlorn" years ago.) and I'm always supportive of the local guys.

Red Circuit: Picked up the CD. It hasn't really grabbed me yet.

Labyrinth: An OK band. I'm kinda mixed on what I've heard.

Dream Evil: They sound like a lot of fun, tho I have no CDs as of yet.

Therion: This sealed the deal for me. No way I can miss them.

Vanden Plas: Once was enough

Evergrey: Never thought I could get burn out on seeing a band that I really like.

Creation's End: Doesn't seem to grabbing but could be ok.

Voyager: Could be interesting.

Eldritch: I'll catch some of it. Never was huge into them.

Mob Rules: same here

Arcturus: This should prove to be interesting and would probably see it all.

Sanctuary: This makes the weekend for me. Never thought I would ever see this band. This will stand out as one of my favorites of all these fests and i don't give a damn what their performance is like.

Haken:
Not my thing here

Red Circuit: I'll check out a couple of tunes but those far bands not hitting me

Labyrinth: Been waiting for these guys

Dream Evil: I'll check 'em out

Therion: Glad I'm getting a second chance since I missed them the first year.

While Heaven Wept: Well I no what to expect there.

I am looking forward to all of this, and will be stage left for all of it, unless I accidentally eat onions, and am banished to the spotlight level in the upper deck... :D

I think people already making plans to miss Eldritch are making a BIG mistake, I'm just sayin'

Really looking forward to Haken, Aquarius is one of my favorite cds released in 2010, and by the time the fest rolls around they'll hopefully have their 2nd cd out. Haken tweaks my "weird" gene nicely, I like my prog rock, and there is SO much happeneing that is interesting musically, that I'd be on the rail if I was out in the crowd. As a fan, I'd be ALL over this lineup, even the stuff I'm not as familiar with....

Vanden Plas: Can't wait, this should be epic.

Evergrey: They never disappoint, I'm all in.

Creation's End: I'll check them out

Voyager: I'll see the entire set

Eldritch: I can't get into them, I'll check out a couple of songs, but I doubt I'll see more than that.

Mob Rules: I like them, I'll probably see all their set

Arcturus: This should be a sight to see, I'm in.

Sanctuary: Of course I'm in.

Haken: This is the band I'm most looking forward to, I won't miss a single note.

While Heaven Wept: I'm all in.

Red Circuit: I'm definately in.

Labyrinth: I've been a fan for years, and now that they're good again, I'll be there.

Dream Evil: I'll check out one song just to give them a chance. After that, I'm out.

Therion: I'm there for the duration.

Vanden Plas: I'll be watching their set, but for some reason they've just never clicked with me. I'm hoping that their live show will entertain me more.

Evergrey: Cannot wait! I haven't seen them since they opened for Iced Earth back in '04 and they didn't get nearly enough time to play. Cannot. Wait.

Creation's End: Meh. If I have lunch early enough I'll check them out, but I'm not too worried about missing them.

Voyager: YES! YESSSSSSSS! YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :kickass:

Eldritch: I dig 'em. I'll be there for their entire set.

Mob Rules: I will probably be their for their entire set, but only to maintain a good position for Arcturus.

Arcturus: This should be one of the more interesting sets. I'm sure I'll dig it.

Sanctuary: Not too sure on this one... Depends on the impression they make on me during the 70,000 Tons cruise. I might leave a bit early to get some food.

Haken: Just like Creation's End... I'll be there, unless I'm running late with merch/lunch/etc. I'm not too into them.

While Heaven Wept: I need to check out more by this band. I like what I've heard so far; I'll prolly be there.

Red Circuit: Doesn't really do much for me. But I'll be there, if only to prepare for the last three bands.

Labyrinth: YES!

Dream Evil: YESSSS!

Therion: YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! :hotjump:

My attendance for next year was questionable...not due to lineup but due to having no clue where I would be after college. Took a job in Atlanta though, so I'll 100% be there!

Vanden Plas: Used to be into them. Haven't listened in a while. Should be ok.

Evergrey: Haven't been good in a long time. Hopefully they don't play much new material.

Creation's End: Will check out a song or two and if I'm into it, will stay. I still haven't heard much from them.

Voyager: Yes please.

Eldritch: Like Vanden Plas, I used to enjoy them but they dropped off my radar. Will watch some for nostalgia's sake.

Mob Rules: Haven't heard much. Will check out.

Arcturus: Anybody who skips this band needs a beating.

Sanctuary: See Arcturus.

Haken: Will be a cool set. Gonna check out a few songs.

While Heaven Wept: Should be good. They're a damn fine band.

Red Circuit: Haven't heard anything from yet. Don't know.

Labyrinth: I like em. Will watch.

Dream Evil: See Sanctuary.

Therion: Saw them at my first ProgPower. Didn't know anything about them. I was a metal noob and went solely for Stratovarius. To this day, their set is in my top 10 live shows ever. Will definitely watch.

Vanden Plas: - Fantastic musicians, great guys, I might be there even if I find their songwriting boring.

Evergrey: - Not a chance in hell I'd be there to see this. I can not stand this band.

Creation's End: - DUH!!! The band I'm most looking forward to of the entire festival.

Voyager: - who?

Eldritch: - great guys, and I love their old material. But live they are a disappointment unfortunately.

Mob Rules: - could be fun if they only play songs from the last album. Their older stuff sucked.

Arcturus: - heck yeah!!! This will be awesome.

Sanctuary: - about time these guys got back together. Looking forward to it.

Haken: - I think this will be cool.

While Heaven Wept: - I love their live album, (and didn't like any of their studio discs), so I'll check them out.

Red Circuit: - I love Chity's voice (and he's a great great guy!), but RC's music does absolutely nothing for me.

Labyrinth: - naah ...

Dream Evil: - naah ... seen them before and wasn't impressed.

Therion: - sure, why not? I kind of like them - especially their "mid/earlier" days (Lepaca Kliffoth / Theli).

Vanden Plas / Evergrey: I can't wait to see Evergrey again!

Creation's End:Should be a cool set

Voyager: Should be a cool set

Eldritch: I don't know much about these guys at all.

Mob Rules: Should be a cool set

Arcturus: This will be interesting at the least.

Sanctuary: I can't wait to see this set!

Haken: I'm not familiar with these guys.

While Heaven Wept: Rail time baby!

Red Circuit: I'm not familiar with these guys

Labyrinth: This should be a killer set!

Dream Evil: Anyway you slice it, this should be fun!

Therion: Rail time again baby!

~Brian~

Vanden Plas: Not sure. I like their older stuff, but we'll see.

Evergrey: Enjoyed them last time, but they come off as fairly boring live. Their music ran together a bit much, partly due to lack of dynamics (when you are too loud this happens though). I enjoy their albums well enough.

Creation's End: Not sure. Liked the one song I've heard. Haven't heard the album.

Voyager: Yes. Absolutely.

Eldritch: What I've heard hasn't worked for me. Might change before I get there, but its a good time to go and get food.

Mob Rules: Probably. If they don't do much for me live, I'll leave, but I enjoy a bit of their music.

Arcturus: Yes. Absolutely.

Sanctuary: Yes.

Haken: Yes

While Heaven Wept: Yes. Absolutely.

Red Circuit: What I've heard sounds alright, but I need to investigate more.

Labyrinth: Not sure. I haven't gotten into them yet, but I haven't heard a lot of their music either. Might depend on if I went and got food during Red Circuit's set or not.

Dream Evil: Should be fun. I've enjoyed a number of the songs I've heard, though I feel that a lot of the songs run together on a musical level.

Therion: Yes, absolutely.

Vanden Plas... my #2 band of PPXII

Evergrey... I could be there for one song or the whole set. I once loved these guys. Now they don't interest me at all. We'll see if their hiatus and new line up can rekindle my interest.

Creation's End... the disc is solid. I'll give them a song or two; it will be up to them to keep my interest.

Voyager... my #3 band of PPVII

Eldritch... I've heard bits and pieces of their music over the years. They've never really grabbed me. I suspect I'll attempt to give them a song or two, but may never make it away from the bar.

Mob Rules... I'll give them a song or two; it will be up to them to keep my interest.

Arcturus... their music is cool on disc. I'm curious to see how it translates live.

Sanctuary... not a fan of the vocals... pass. :loco:

Haken... the disc is very intriguing. I'll give them a song or two; it will be up to them to keep my interest. That said, I wouldn't be shocked if they blew my doors off.

While Heaven Wept... these guys have been praised to the heavens for years. I've never quite understood what all the fuss is about. I'm very curious to see if their live set makes me a convert.

Red Circuit... I expect to be there for the whole set.

Labyrinth... They've never really grabbed me. I suspect I'll attempt to give them a song or two, but may never make it away from the bar.

Dream Evil... I'm hoping for a HammerFall like experience.

Therion... all the regulars have that one band. You know, that band you were sure would suck, so you blew off the show, only to hear them unanimously praised after the fact. For me that band is Therion. I won't make the same mistake twice.