PP XII Lineup - Your Breakdown

Their setlist and overall vibe was poor. The only highlights were the 2 girls singing backup and a song from Moving Target.

I guess I'm in the minority, where I actually quite liked their performance. Not everything needs to be highly energetic with guys running around the stage. In that regard I do agree that going after DSO and Sabaton didn't help, but they were pretty flawless in my book in terms of playing.

I guess I'm in the minority, where I actually quite liked their performance. Not everything needs to be highly energetic with guys running around the stage. In that regard I do agree that going after DSO and Sabaton didn't help, but they were pretty flawless in my book in terms of playing.

I'd prefer an hour of Midnight on the bagpipes than ever hearing DSO again.

This is weird. I was listening to the eldiritch tunes linked in the recent post... I didn't like the one from El Nino (upon first impression) but I liked the one from Blackened Day. Yet at the same time, I recall listening to the Blackened Day album in the past and thinking along the lines of "this is shit" or "this is repetitive/boring" "it doesn't do anything for me" etc. They were the noctural rites of this year (the band to be skipped). I may have to revisit blackened day now.

and I liked the Royal Hunt show ftr. I like to think I made one the (hot) backup vocalists smile/laugh when she saw me rockin out in the seats :D I'm not a huge fan of the band in the first place, just as I'm not a huge fan of quite a few of these bands, but at the same time I had fun.

Yeah, I hope this thread isn't too dead to warrant a new topic with those songs posted for those who don't feel like going to page 5 of this thread...

I recall listening to the Blackened Day album in the past and thinking along the lines of "this is shit" or "this is repetitive/boring" "it doesn't do anything for me" etc.

Herein lies the problem. The song writing and performance is subpar compared to earlier releases.

as I'm not a huge fan of quite a few of these bands, but at the same time I had fun.

If I'm not a fan of the band, I'm not paying to see them. It's that simple.

Thanks, man.

I actually am hoping that I can do this year what I (and only a few people around me) did last year: stand on the rail for every band Thursday - Saturday. It's tough on the ankles/knees, but is ultimately rewarding because you can really judge who had the best performance, and really be surprised by how good some bands are.

Ya know. I'm starting to wonder if I was listening to an album that was mislabeled as Eldritch (ey try before you buy). I can vaguely remember it but it seemed to have more of a hard rock sound when i listened to it months ago... Cause I'm liking the blackened day sound after listening to a few tunes on youtube now.

Ya know. I'm starting to wonder if I was listening to an album that was mislabeled as Eldritch (ey try before you buy). I can vaguely remember it but it seemed to have more of a hard rock sound when i listened to it months ago... Cause I'm liking the blackened day sound after listening to a few tunes on youtube now.

It's POSSIBLE you were hearing Vicious Mary, which was a project Terrence Holler did during Eldritch's brief breakup. It was a straight up hard rock / AOR album, and the sticker on the front definitely referenced Eldritch.

Vanden Plas: Never liked this band. Will check out a song or two. Might surprise me.

Evergrey: Looking forward to it

Arcturus: Excited. Will try to get up as close as I can

Sanctuary: Excited. Will try to get up as close as I can

While Heaven Wept: Looking forward to this. Will be on the floor.

Labyrinth: Looking forward to this. Will be on the floor.

Therion: Excited. Will try to get up as close as I can

Dream Evil: Seats. Curious to see how it is.

As for the others I'm completely unfamiliar with those bands and will grab a seat for their performance. If I like it I'll stick around, if not I'll grab a drink, hang out, shop, whatever. I definitely will check each band out.

I don't understand one thing... how is it possible, that people (as devoted to the music and the fest as they can be - or so they claim to) still haven't taken a little bit of time to check out all the bands and perhaps get familiar? I mean, I really don't get it... It's not like he announces the bands a month before the festival...

"Sure, let me NOT open my mind to a new band that's playing at the festival next year, instead I am going to listen to the same old album by (insert band here) album for the trillionth time..."

This * a lot.

I have plunked some digital coin with iTunes on these bands - some I'll never buy another tune, some I'll buy the catalog... but at least I want to KNOW this time around. I think I'll enjoy the show more.